[APP] [v1.5.1] Flowly for Android™

Search This thread

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
What do you mean by grt? :)

I think he meant 'GReaT' ;)
Btw really great app! I have been using googles currents app to read xda portal but now your app can totally replace it man! I was always too lazy to bring all the great amdroid rss stuff together to my currents and now it is already preset in your app :D
I also love the youtube section! Great idea!
So keep it up!

---------------------------------
Phone : My new Nexus 4!
Pure KitKat 4.4.2 stock, no root, no mods (but only for the first time ;D)

Gesendet von Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Just to get your opinion guys: I got many requests on how to remove ads.
What do you think about adding an in App purchase to remove the advertisiments?
Please let me know what you think :)

Cheers
Benni

Yes that would be brilliant.
How much would that cost?

Ah and another idea..
Could you maybe give the user the choice which of the feeds he would like to sync? So i mean if i for example am not interested in feed xyz-droid, i can untick it in the list of the android feeds thst should be synced. So my phone no longer downloads the news in this feed amd doesnt waste storage space. But the feed shouldnt be completely deleted, but only kind of deactivated so if i want to read it some weeks later, i can just re-tick it and it gets synced again.
You see what i mean?
Would be amazing :D

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Last edited:

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Hi Masrepus,

thanks for your support. :)
At the moment it looks like i moved away from the in-App-Purchase idea. I think it's better to make a PRO App with Ad-Free and a few more features. So that people who buy pro have more than just ads disabled. :)

I honestly dont know how much PRO will cost, but I dont want it to cost much. It should more be lika a little donation :)

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
grt (great) app. Nice layout, fast and smooth. Works well on my Samsung Galaxy Note II GTN-7100. Well done.
Two suggestions: 1) can you implement mark read on scroll? 2) Can you show source name (at least partial) in the article list please.
Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
grt (great) app. Nice layout, fast and smooth. Works well on my Samsung Galaxy Note II GTN-7100. Well done.
Two suggestions: 1) can you implement mark read on scroll? 2) Can you show source name (at least partial) in the article list please.
Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

Hi Szczpanik,

thanks! :)
Suggestion 1: Noted that for one of the next releases.
Suggestion 2: Has already been suggested, im already working on it. Till its there you can see the source right in the article. :)

Cheers

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Version 1.2.1 is available and will be in Play Store in about 1 hour. :)
For those who cant wait: The first post of this Thread is updated and the v1.2.1 apk is attached there.

Changelog:

Version 1.2.1 Build 23

- added new Feeds: AndroidPit, Android Headlines, Anndroid Spin, Droid Gamers (thanks for suggestions)

- added link to our Thunderclap (only for 2 weeks, please support us)

- updated application icon, more sharp now (hope it works on all devices)

- improved battery usage

- preparations for 'swipe down to refresh' (will be included in next update)

- preparations for ROMs section

- PRO App will be available tomorrow with some pro features and ability to get rid of ads

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Thanks for the update!
Unfortunately the app icon still looks bit blurry on nexus 4...

I dont know if you already planned this, but i would love to see in the all unread section which post comes from which feed, either with a little icon of the feed somewhere or its name in the edge..

Im curious about the pro features that you announced for tomorrow :D :good:

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Sounds great :D
I will surely buy the pro version!

Gesendet von Tapatalk

cd69

Sep 19, 2012
I love it so far. Pull down to refresh is one thing I am looking forward to. But overall a great job Dev. I can finally browse all my top Android news without chrome :)

Sent from my Nexus 5

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Ive got another little point you could do, if you click on a link somewhere inside an article, the webpage is straightly opened in the app itself. Thats nice amd fast, but sometimes having a browser-choosing dialogue like in google currents app would be better. For example when the link leads to a xda thread, being able to open it with tapatalk would be much more comfortable than having to go to the complete website. So i would suggest you to not directly open the link inside your app but giving the user the choice, still your app can be one of the choices

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

today I released Flowly.
    It is an App for daily Android News and more.
    You will get instantly notificated when there are new news and you have a lot of options and settings to personalize your Android News Experience.
    The app uses public RSS Feeds of the best Android Blogs (Including XDA Developers) to get the content displayed.

androidhub_small.png10zoll.jpg7zoll.jpg

The goal is to keep making this app better and better so please send me your suggestions and wishes. :)
    And of course, don't forget to give this app a rating.
    I will try to add a new update every 1-2 days to produce a little 'Nightly feeling' and keep Android Hub up-to-date. :angel:

The .apk file is attached in this post aswell.

Version 1.5.1 Build 92

- Left menu action bar drawer is now matching to the Theme color

- fixed Bug: some articles won't load

- fixed Bug: Pull to refresh causing problems in Web Views

- Flowly is now deleting unread articles older than 3 days automatically in order to save storage

- Changed Top Bar Icon color and font from white to grey

- Removed link to Flowly Community Beta

- Pull down to refresh now displayed white in Top Bar

- Updated Support libraries

- API Update

- Increased performance on high end devices

- Removed shoutbox

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linedev.android.hub

Have a great Day!
    Line.Dev
    v1.1.3 is uploaded to Google Play Store and should be available in anout 1 hour.
    The new .apk of v1.1.3 is attached in this post, I will update the thread with all the versions when I have over 10 posts. :)

Version 1.1.3 Build 13

- added new Feeds: Cult of Android, Droid Life (Thanks to Jorge)

- preparations for Disqus Comment feature (coming with next Update)

- minimal changed Top Bar color

- fixed Bug: Google+ Tab showing wrong language (Thanks to Micaiah)

- changed auto sync time from 1h to 2h to avoid to much notifications on new installations (Thanks to Jorge)

- stability improvements for tablets
    Hey guys!

Sorry for not being here for a while. Im very busy with my work and -for sure- with the next flowly update.
    It is nearly done and just needs some finishing. I think everyone of you will like it a lot. :)
    Also I had a lot to do with Flowly and Samsung. Yea, the guys from Samsung has invited Flowly to a secret program which will lead many many users to Flowly. So, I was also busy by signing some important papers.

Thanks for all the great support here! Please just be a little bit more patient, the update is really really big and will be there soon. Flowly will make its way to a full RSS reader with this update. :)

Cheers and have an awesome day!
    Benni
    Updated thread with pictures. :)
    Im finally done. :)
    After hours and hours of changing names, making new images, endless mails with google and working on the new update Android Hub has its new name: Flowly.

The new version is available in about an hour in Play Store and is already attached in the first post of the project thread. I hope everyone likes the new name. :)

Here is the changelog:

Version 1.4.6 Build 78

- new Application name: Flowly for Android (Name change because of Licensing Reasons, may Android Hub Rest in Peace, thanks to mastel97 for name suggestion)

- added simple 'Shoutbox' to 'Other' Tab, just for testing if it's fun, nothing special for the moment

- Pro: Updated 'Android Hub Pro Red' Theme to latest Google Play colors

- preparations for: custom Feeds (Pro), Disable/Enable Feeds, mark as read by scrolling, some other new features (secret at the moment)

- fixed Bug: Absolutely nothing displayed when using 'Light Theme' for Samsung Galaxy S

- small code improvements

Please give feedback how you like the new shoutbox test or if I should remove it again. Also, please tell me if you still find the wrong name 'Android Hub' anywhere.

Cheers,
    Benni