[Q] Reverse Tethering, Google play issue.

Search This thread

ShardulS.

Nov 11, 2013
Mumbai
Hey guyz, I am using usb reverse tethering on my galaxy ace-i
Surfing seems very fine but there's a problem.. :D
Google play doesnt download any app. ther's a solution i found but its only for android devices running on 4.X :crying:
And on my windows, i am running Android Reverse Tethering v. 3.19 and USB Tunnel in my android device.
I have my ace-i running on Bluedroid kitkat edition ROM.
Whatsapp also doesnt seem to work :(.. do any of u guys have a solution to my problems??
Thanx in advance.. :laugh:

alex_is_the_1

Nov 22, 2012
This should be moved to ace-i general section, as this is regular ace section.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 5617821

Google play doesnt download any app. ther's a solution i found but its only for android devices running on 4.X :crying:
And on my windows, i am running Android Reverse Tethering v. 3.19 and USB Tunnel in my android device.
Whatsapp also doesnt seem to work :(.. do any of u guys have a solution to my problems??

For you to download any apps from Google Play, your phone must be connected to a network. A simple solution will be to switch on the data connection and then run the reverse tethering app. Most reverse tethering app will disable the data download using network connection, meaning the data connection icon will be present but downloading will be done using reverse tethering. This is the only way to fool Google Play into thinking that the phone is connected to network when actually you are downloading the content using your pc connection. If your mobile data connection is used for download, kindly switch off the data connection as the reverse tethering app is not capable of disabling the data connection. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

ShardulS.

Nov 11, 2013
Mumbai
For you to download any apps from Google Play, your phone must be connected to a network. A simple solution will be to switch on the data connection and then run the reverse tethering app. Most reverse tethering app will disable the data download using network connection, meaning the data connection icon will be present but downloading will be done using reverse tethering. This is the only way to fool Google Play into thinking that the phone is connected to network when actually you are downloading the content using your pc connection. If your mobile data connection is used for download, kindly switch off the data connection as the reverse tethering app is not capable of disabling the data connection. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

yes it did consume from the mobile data. :( i tried that earlier too :(
there is an option on the reverse tether for hacking the mobile data but its only for android 4.X :(
Thanx a lot anyways,, :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821