OTA fails on rooted d802

Search This thread

seth4u

May 14, 2012
I have a rooted d802 on 4.2.2 (80210e-eur-xx).
When I try to install the update it attempts to install, then gives an error code in the "please don't turn off your phone during update" screen and reboots, telling me that it suspects root and can't install the update

I was under the impression that this should work and specifically chose Ota to keep root with the survival mode

shafrox

Sep 24, 2011
When I try to install the update it attempts to install, then gives an error code in the "please don't turn off your phone during update" screen and reboots, telling me that it suspects root and can't install the update

I was under the impression that this should work and specifically chose Ota to keep root with the survival mode

Experienced the same issue. i had to flash my phone back to original firmware and do the OTA update. Flashing removed the root and enabled me to OTA kitkat upgrade.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida

If you have modified anything like removing/freezing bloatware, xposed framework, or modified anything in the system it will suspect your phone of rooting

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Reactions: Art Vanderlay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you have modified anything like removing/freezing bloatware, xposed framework, or modified anything in the system it will suspect your phone of rooting

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app