[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mini BRICKED (HELP!)

Search This thread

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
I installed Clock Work Mod on my Samsung Galaxy Mini and after that, I selected "Reboot from recovery mode" and then after that the device turned off. It would not turn on anymore! Can't enter download mode and recovery mode, screen is off, no backlights. Odin would not detect it too. Please help.

I don't know if this is the right section. Thanks.

nrbuitenhius

Feb 2, 2011
Netherlands
I installed Clock Work Mod on my Samsung Galaxy Mini and after that, I selected "Reboot from recovery mode" and then after that the device turned off. It would not turn on anymore! Can't enter download mode and recovery mode, screen is off, no backlights. Odin would not detect it too. Please help.

I don't know if this is the right section. Thanks.

Sometime the phone discharges have u tried starting op in 'download mode' while charging and reinstalling Froyo again using Odin?

wasamen

Jul 19, 2011
Yesterday I have received my sgm mobile and i had exactly the same problem with the same aplication. The mobile seems to be dead it is not detected by the pc and can't be charged. Can anybody help us ?

sergyu21

Aug 16, 2011
i have same problem with my mini today, i upgraded to 2.34 because of wi-fi, it won't connect and everything was allright.
then i downgraded to 2.2 wih 2.33 ops and odin 4.38, but then my phone it doesn't even turn on. i mean no recovery mode, no downloading mode, nothing. it don't turn on at all and odin don't detect. what to do?

debsattam

Aug 19, 2011
kolkata
hey use the jig method type unbricking galaxy s jig in youtube
and do the same u will get download mode in it and never use ROM MANAGER
however its a great software but it dont supports some samsung phones.
especially low end phones

Reactions: WPMan

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010

Can you post a link to that specific video? Thanks.

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010

By the way, is the USB Jig for SGS the same size with the USB slot of the Galaxy Mini? Does the USB Jig works on Galaxy Mini? Is this tried and tested on this pgone? Sorry for too many questions. Thanks.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.728119,121.029307

rexstor

May 27, 2011
Go a google search with "unbricking galaxy s jig"
It can be use for xperia mini too.
Gudluck!

It might be,battery suddenly empty. Its hard for phone to brick.Charge ur phone 1st at full... And choose the right baseband according rom prequistid. I b4 this rooted and installing CWM on this galaxy mini and the phone at samsung logo or samsung galaxy mini logo.
As on my condition,follow guide that been explained. If u have flashed the CWM, REBOOT. Then at samsung logo,press volume down,then u can access CWM. To avoid other probs, flash it with cyanogen mod. Or it maybe cant be loaded.

As far i concerned, for galaxy mini got 2 type of recovery. That is,
Enchanced recovery
&
Tass Recovery

For me,choose tass recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vision with Doubleshot Rom

Last edited:
Reactions: WPMan

arsalanahmed

Sep 27, 2011
(I think this set of steps works in these conditions: Hard-brick, absolutely non-responsive to any button combination. Odin still recognizes the phone when connected through USB port)

1.- Remove both the SIM card and de microSD card.
2.- KEEP YOUR BATTERY REMOVED
3.- Apply the Download-mode button combination (known by you all)
4.- WHILE HOLDING THE COMBINATION, insert the battery, and keep the buttons pressed untill you get the download mode.
5.- Flash your phone with a valid firmware through Odin (Preferebly, have Odin prepared before doing this trick)

I finally flashed it widh Gingerbread 2.3.4 but i don't really like it, because it ended up a little buggy, which i am still trying to get rid of.
Anyway, i hope this helps.
Have a nice day
Fomelogo

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This tutorial is very complicated and I have tried to explain it as best as I can, hope it help some of you guys.

PS. If you have any USB driver problems or windows deleted problems with device managers or drivers in general causing errors you must fix these problems first or use a different computer, if the drivers wont install properly you cannot do it on that computer.

EDIT: Gingerbread 2.3.4 firmware, I can confirm this works

genieass

Aug 11, 2011
Kochi
Did I get some of the previous posts about using usb jigs for SGS on samsung galaxy GT S 5570 right??

What software is required?

Some USB jigs for SGS 900XX (as in 9000i 9003i etc) are available on line for between INR 250 to 600 (1 U$D is approx 49 INR).

armanke13

Sep 20, 2011
Surabaya
(I think this set of steps works in these conditions: Hard-brick, absolutely non-responsive to any button combination. Odin still recognizes the phone when connected through USB port)

4.- WHILE HOLDING THE COMBINATION, insert the battery, and keep the buttons pressed untill you get the download mode.
5.- Flash your phone with a valid firmware through Odin (Preferebly, have Odin prepared before doing this trick)

I finally flashed it widh Gingerbread 2.3.4 but i don't really like it, because it ended up a little buggy, which i am still trying to get rid of.
Have a nice day
Fomelogo

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

This tutorial is very complicated and I have tried to explain it as best as I can, hope it help some of you guys.

PS. If you have any USB driver problems or windows deleted problems with device managers or drivers in general causing errors you must fix these problems first or use a different computer, if the drivers wont install properly you cannot do it on that computer.

Step 1-4 done,
but my Odin doesn't detect it..

Should I go to jig mode?

saqibsra

Oct 25, 2011
Not working....

Have a nice day
Fomelogo

Dear Arsalan,

I face same problem with my galaxy mini and try to use your procedure for ON my galaxy mini but I not successful please help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have a nice day
    Fomelogo

Hello, ok, i was reading all about this and anybody can solve this hard brick? Because i have the same problem, and i can´t take it to warranty, because i buy it in other country... Us. and i live in Argentina.

My phone is Hard Bricked, so its a chance to revive it? My pc recognises my galaxy mini as Samsung CDMA Driver, doing the method volume up+home+power. I test One click, and nothing happens, ODIN detect my phone and stucks in <1> setup connection...

Help please!

Im desesperated, thx a lot.

Hi Facu,

Do not worry about this.

If ODIN is stuck at <1> setup connection, it just shows that there are USB Drivers issues. Just run the Kies application on your PC (If you do not have it kindly download at Samsung UK website). As this application opens, ODIN should go yellow on COM port 1.Close Kies and hit 'Start' on ODIN.

Then just follow instructions for flashing your phone on ODIN.
    You can find these at androidforums dot com slash galaxy-mini-s5570 site.

I wish you the best.
    I am new here...You could thank me if you wish.

Happy to assist you.

Cayman_Ke
    Go a google search with "unbricking galaxy s jig"
    It can be use for xperia mini too.
    Gudluck!

It might be,battery suddenly empty. Its hard for phone to brick.Charge ur phone 1st at full... And choose the right baseband according rom prequistid. I b4 this rooted and installing CWM on this galaxy mini and the phone at samsung logo or samsung galaxy mini logo.
    As on my condition,follow guide that been explained. If u have flashed the CWM, REBOOT. Then at samsung logo,press volume down,then u can access CWM. To avoid other probs, flash it with cyanogen mod. Or it maybe cant be loaded.

As far i concerned, for galaxy mini got 2 type of recovery. That is,
    Enchanced recovery
    &
    Tass Recovery

For me,choose tass recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vision with Doubleshot Rom
    My odin detects the phone, report a new succesful update...
    ...but the phone is still not booting up - the logo do not appear !!
    (battery is hot, something is going on...)

cud be the firmware u used or somethin?