[ROM][ARC/ARC S] Arconium 8.2 - Peak Performance [4.0.2.A.0.69][18 Apr]

Search This thread

coldmalice

Oct 3, 2010
hello guys, i'm new to this thing (installing rom) , hope for your help :)

in the first page, it said arconium need baseband 64/66.
but my baseband is 56, can i install this rom?
or i need to upgrade the baseband first?

Retrosid

Mar 30, 2011
I have 56 baseband and it works pretty well. Never got any lag spike or freeze from the phone since I've installed arconium

Sent from my Xperia Arc

coldmalice

Oct 3, 2010
I have 56 baseband and it works pretty well. Never got any lag spike or freeze from the phone since I've installed arconium

Sent from my Xperia Arc

nice, thanks for your answer mate :)

i know this is OOT, but can someone tell me what partition should i make for my microsd?
do i still need ext2 or swap partition?
if this post is inappropriate, tell me please, and then i will edit it :)

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
nice, thanks for your answer mate :)

i know this is OOT, but can someone tell me what partition should i make for my microsd?
do i still need ext2 or swap partition?
if this post is inappropriate, tell me please, and then i will edit it :)

An ext2/swap partition is not required for this ROM to fully work but if you want to use something like Link2SD, you'd need an ext partition.

marvvv

Mar 27, 2012
I'm also experiencing some lag in the UI on Arconium 8.1 i'm on baseband 64 and using Doomkernel V19. I have a Arc S.

Also while playing music I sometimes experience a milisecond of silence. I don't know what's causing it. I remember when I first got my phone on stock firmware there sometimes was a stuttering sound every now and then, which doesn't happen on Arconium.

Other then that this is one of the best custom roms out there for the Arc, I love it! Battery life is phenomal!:cool:

daphix

Mar 13, 2009
I'm also experiencing some lag in the UI on Arconium 8.1 i'm on baseband 64 and using Doomkernel V19. I have a Arc S.

Also while playing music I sometimes experience a milisecond of silence. I don't know what's causing it. I remember when I first got my phone on stock firmware there sometimes was a stuttering sound every now and then, which doesn't happen on Arconium.

Other then that this is one of the best custom roms out there for the Arc, I love it! Battery life is phenomal!:cool:
Ihave arconium 8.1 with baseband 56 and work very good.
verify if you have:
- SuperSU v0.87
- baseband patches - see patches. zip on first page
- doomkernel v19

for 56 baseband is not needed to apply the patches, but i think for yours must do.

Reactions: marvvv

drsoran2

Apr 25, 2011
Germany
@ mandarjoshii

I have worked with another user from this forum on a modification which brings the bitrate for video recording to 14Mbit/s. I already wrote a tutorial on a German forum but when I have time, I may write one in English too. The difference in video quality is visible, although it is not as big as I had hoped for. I expected a lot more since I more than doubled the bitrate.

wayne850

Jan 25, 2011
@ mandarjoshii

I have worked with another user from this forum on a modification which brings the bitrate for video recording to 14Mbit/s. I already wrote a tutorial on a German forum but when I have time, I may write one in English too. The difference in video quality is visible, although it is not as big as I had hoped for. I expected a lot more since I more than doubled the bitrate.

can you give the link to this tutorial?

marvvv

Mar 27, 2012
Ihave arconium 8.1 with baseband 56 and work very good.
verify if you have:
- SuperSU v0.87
- baseband patches - see patches. zip on first page
- doomkernel v19

for 56 baseband is not needed to apply the patches, but i think for yours must do.

Thanks for your reply, I have SuperSU v0.87. And I also applied the baseband patches. Kernel is 2.6.32.9-DooMKernel DooMLoRD@chaos #1019 which is v19.

Michal1994

Dec 11, 2010
Sosnowiec
I have problem. On each arconium the same. When I listen to music and enter to gallery and watching photos, sometimes i hear sound like "trrrrrr..." and music stop for secound. I'm using DoomKernel v18. I tryed supercharger but nothing. I formated sd card but I don't solved my problem, my card is class 10.

What can I do to fix this problem this is very iritating.

How much free ram you have on our phones with arconium? When i reboot my phone i have 235mb, but later only 180. Is it normal?

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Test the sd speeds. Seems like it's too slow.

The RAM behaviour is normal

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arconium
    is now EOL

Lightweight and speedy fully-functional stock ROM with various tweaks. A patch for arc S is available. Please refer to old changelogs to see what has changed from stock.

Screenshots from arconium 7.0

screenshot%20%281%29.png
    screenshot%20%282%29.png
    screenshot%20%283%29.png

screenshot%20%284%29.png
    screenshot%20%285%29.png
    screenshot%20%286%29.png

Recommended Configuration

- Unlocked bootloader.
    - DooMKernel (modules included for v15-v19) or StockPlus (modules in download section).
    - Baseband 64/66. Baseband 36 requires a patch.

Changelog

8.2 (18 Apr)
    • Increased overall performance and stability.
    • Made SuperSU more responsive.
    • Updated Play Store and Flash Player.

8.1 (29 Mar)
    • Fixed issue with Bravia Engine.
    • Updated SuperSU to v0.87. This version a lot more stable.
    • Updated Facebook, Maps and Voice Search.
    • Updated ANT Radio Service.

8.0 (21 Mar)
    • Rebased to 4.0.2.A.0.69.
    • Updated Google Play Store to 3.5.15.
    • Replaced Superuser with SuperSU v0.83.
    • Enabled swap on zram. Requires DooMKernel v18 or higher.
    • DSP Manager removed, attached here instead.
    • Fixed lockscreen notifications.
    • Tweaks overhauled and revised.
    • System partition mounted as rw (read/write) by default.

FB Inside / Timescape v5 (4 Feb)
    • Compatibility with 7.0.

Old Changelog

Downloads

1. Main ROM
    update-Arconium-8.2.zip (113 MB)

2. Patches
    update-Arconium-8.2-LT18i.zip (154 KB)

3. Add-ons
    update-arconium-FBInside_Timescape-v5.zip (5.99 MB)
    update-arconium-Sounds.zip (7.84 MB) Contains sounds/ringtones from stock ROM and CM7.
    update-arconium-StockModules.zip (914 KB) Stock WiFi modules for kernels that require them.

These files do not wipe the data partition, so it is safe to flash over an old version and retain settings/apps/data.

Old Files

Known Issues

• Enabling 3G and mobile data results in a moderate battery drain even during sleep.

Troubleshooting

• If you experience lags or slowdowns after updating to a new version, 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' in CWM -> Advanced.
    • If you use Link2SD, make sure to 'Recreate Mount Script'.
    • If you use DarkTremor's Apps2SD, make sure to reflash it in CWM.

Installation

1. Copy update zip to SD card.
    2. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
    3. (RECOMMENDED) Make a Backup.
    4. If you want a clean install of the main ROM, do a factory reset. Otherwise, skip this step.
    5. Flash zip package(s) (always flash main ROM first).
    6. Reboot.

Credits

DooMLoRD - FXP - aZuZu - Wolfbreak - zeppelinrox - thomassafca - iridaki

Don't forget to hit 'Thanks' if you like this ROM ;)
    If you really like it, please consider some donations. It would also help me cover filehosting fees.
    arconium 7.0 beta 3

Keep in mind that this is a test build. Anything can happen, from an exploding phone to a flying chicken. Only flash if you know what you're doing.

Make a CWM backup before flashing.

update-arconium-7.0b3.zip (108 MB) Works on both LT15 (arc) and LT18 (arc S).
    update-arconium-FBInside_Timescape-v5.zip (5.99 MB / 4 Feb) Do not flash v4 with 7.0 betas, use this one instead.

Beta 3 (9 Feb)
    • Moved SIM Toolkit back to data (uninstallable).
    • Moved SEMCSetupWizard.apk back to system. Probably fixes the Home button issue.
    • Tweaks are redone.
    • BusyBox v1.19.3 now loads properly.
    • Updated Superuser binary to 3.0.3.2.

Beta 2 (4 Feb)
    • Updated Superuser binary.
    • Updated BusyBox to v1.19.3.
    • Updated Street View.
    • Readded ANT support.
    • Moved SIM Toolkit to /system partition.

Beta 1 (4 Feb)
    • ~215 MB free memory on clean install.
    • Removed "Power save mode". It's pretty useless.
    • Removed "Data monitor". Very inaccurate, grab one from the Market instead, like 3G Watchdog.
    • Removed ANT support. Tell me if any of you even use it.
    • Removed various apk and DRM related stuff.
    • More lenient tweaks. Should not cause any negative effects on performance anymore, especially after long usage.
    • Moved "SEMCSetupWizard.apk" to /data/. Make sure to uninstall it after first boot because it eats useful RAM.
    • Updated the following:
      • Facebook.
      • Google Quick Search Box.
      • Maps.
      • Superuser.
      • Adobe Flash Player.
      • YouTube.
    • Moved some more EventStream components into FB Inside / Timescape package.
    Maybe some other stuff I don't remember.
    People like me still love gb...no matter wat ics and jb has , it won't be able to deliver the performance like gb...,I mean wat else we need? We have quicktoggles, swipe to remove notification, battery %, kill app by back button, 5x4 drawer,nxt lockscreen, home pref, tiny apps, new launcher, xperia z apps, xperia z framework, adreno drivers, 230+ free ram, hell lot of games, blah blah blah and still an unmatched performance....GB is the best,,, devs should cook more n more gb based roms.....

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium
    I normally use zepellinrox supercharger v6, will the tweaks you have added conflict? I'll try later on or tomorrow and post any feedback. The only request I would put is for an integrated 7-screen home, I normally flash this but it saves time... Thanks for the work anyway.

It won't conflict. As for the home screen, I'll keep the stock version. If I change the apk to something else, then it wouldn't be stock anymore. Thanks for testing.