wheres all the underwater videos???

Search This thread

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Ok so i know people have started receiving there z2's. pics have been posted, videos linked etc. but i havent seen a z2 underwater yet. This is literally the first thing im gonna do...... if it does break id rather do it before setting it all up lol. So if you've dunked your z2 post pics/videos here.....
I dont wanna be the first one

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
Ok so i know people have started receiving there z2's. pics have been posted, videos linked etc. but i havent seen a z2 underwater yet. This is literally the first thing im gonna do...... if it does break id rather do it before setting it all up lol. So if you've dunked your z2 post pics/videos here.....

I have just tried recording my phone being dunked in water, but as soon as it went in the water the camera closed, and as its just a jug of water im testing it in, my hands are too big to go in and turn the camera back on.

at least i know its water tight xD

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
I have just tried recording my phone being dunked in water, but as soon as it went in the water the camera closed, and as its just a jug of water im testing it in, my hands are too big to go in and turn the camera back on.

at least i know its water tight xD

I wont have issues fitting my hands in t turn camera back on..... it going in my mates fishtank lol

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Just one little advise, if I may...
Don't sink your new Z2 into aquarium, especially not into aquarium with a sea water - your camera will be destroyed.. (not literally but it'll become unusable).

There's many Z1 users who reported bad things after such experiment.

Watter sometimes find passage and you got foggy lens (inside of device) you can't get nothing about it because you can't open it (you actually can but I wouldn't advise that)...

So...use waterproof for rain and accidentally water contact - I have my Z1 from the beginning and never tried to shoot pict in swimming pool... - I just don't trust them -

Z5 will, probably, have better technology/sealings.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Just one little advise, if I may...
Don't sink your new Z2 into aquarium, especially not into aquarium with a sea water - your camera will be destroyed.. (not literally but it'll become unusable).

There's many Z1 users who reported bad things after such experiment.

Watter sometimes find passage and you got foggy lens (inside of device) you can't get nothing about it because you can't open it (you actually can but I wouldn't advise that)...

So...use waterproof for rain and accidentally water contact - I have my Z1 from the beginning and never tried to shoot pict in swimming pool... - I just don't trust them -

Z5 will, probably, have better technology/sealings.

you know what mate, i dont trust it either lol, it aint going in saltwater and i am actually expecting it to break, if it develops a fault it will be going straight back but i shall skip both phones4u and vodafone and be sending it back to sony. What you mean use waterproof for the rain???? i use my galaxy note (not waterproof) if its raining and its fine..... Z2 is rated ip58, if water gets in anywhere on its first day out the box then its faulty, end of.

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008

you know what mate, i dont trust it either lol, it aint going in saltwater and i am actually expecting it to break, if it develops a fault it will be going straight back but i shall skip both phones4u and vodafone and be sending it back to sony. What you mean use waterproof for the rain???? i use my galaxy note (not waterproof) if its raining and its fine..... Z2 is rated ip58, if water gets in anywhere on its first day out the box then its faulty, end of.

Just make sure that you record yourself on another device to prove you didnt leave any of the flaps open :)

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Exactly...they will tell you your flaps were opened :p

No, really...I'm cleaning my Z1 wuth water, I just put it in a sink and never had any problems...

I just don't believe it would stayed fully functional after underwater photoshooting ;)

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Exactly...they will tell you your flaps were opened :p

No, really...I'm cleaning my Z1 wuth water, I just put it in a sink and never had any problems...

I just don't believe it would stayed fully functional after underwater photoshooting ;)

I have my doubts about it staying fully functional afterwards as well, but apparently it can be done and it will be fine..... so i just cant resist, they'll sure as hell know about it if it breaks tho, i'll complain to every damn person employed by sony, from the ceo to the janitor lol

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I have my doubts about it staying fully functional afterwards as well, but apparently it can be done and it will be fine..... so i just cant resist, they'll sure as hell know about it if it breaks tho, i'll complain to every damn person employed by sony, from the ceo to the janitor lol

Haha... ;)

Well I'm sure there are devices that were under the water and survive but when I pay 1000$ for something I try not to do experiments with it...

I saw only few underwater pictures (Z/Z1) so I guess I'm not the only one who thinks like that...

But I totally understand you and if device, like Z1/Z2 have so many sealings/protection rubbers it should bear up some torture ;)

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Haha... ;)

Well I'm sure there are devices that were under the water and survive but when I pay 1000$ for something I try not to do experiments with it...

I saw only few underwater pictures (Z/Z1) so I guess I'm not the only one who thinks like that...

But I totally understand you and if device, like Z1/Z2 have so many sealings/protection rubbers it should bear up some torture ;)

lol im kinda the opposite, when i spend that much on something i wanna know that it does what it claims, to be honest i will probably never use the phone underwater again, but at least i'll worry less when im playing on my phone in the bath

Quist

May 23, 2007
I have a waterproof camera and a Nokia 1020. Nokia is great when on holiday and not wet, but wet days at the beach or pool were nerve racking as I always had to keep an eye on my phone with the towels and my camera never was as good at taking pics. Few weeks ago I got a Z1 Compact for wet days. Tested it at home for water proofing and all good. Great camera. Just need to set the volume button as the shutter for underwater pics as screen is unresponsive and camera button hard to use. Even took it to the waterpark with no issues.

Only problem was the screen felt too small so I got the Z2 thinking I'd give the Z1C to the wife. Got it yesterday and loved it. Based on good experience with the Z1C, I just expected waterproofing to be as reliable. After setting it up, I finally had a chance to test it by dipping into a pitcher of water and tested the camera. Camera button so much better than Z1 and all seemed to work. Suddenly I see bubbles, camera shuts off, flap warning pops up (flaps were completely closed) and phone dies. Took it out immediately and water is running out of microphone holes at bottom and apparently from around the frame. What a let down! Just hoping Sony or vendor are cool about a replacement. Had it all of 2 days. Got wet in 15 cm water and died although all flaps completely closed.

Still, compared to Z1 Compact, the body stiffness and frame flush with the glass feel far more flimsy on the Z2. Now that its got water in it, I can almost squeeze it and water seems to leak from around the aluminum frame. Contemplating sticking with the Z1 Compact for a year until tech improves if I can get my money back. Otherwise might try the SGS5. Really bummed as I loved the Z2, but I don't need just another smartphone, I need one that has a good camera and can survive the pool.

feis

Dec 30, 2008
I have a waterproof camera and a Nokia 1020. Nokia is great when on holiday and not wet, but wet days at the beach or pool were nerve racking as I always had to keep an eye on my phone with the towels and my camera never was as good at taking pics. Few weeks ago I got a Z1 Compact for wet days. Tested it at home for water proofing and all good. Great camera. Just need to set the volume button as the shutter for underwater pics as screen is unresponsive and camera button hard to use. Even took it to the waterpark with no issues.

Only problem was the screen felt too small so I got the Z2 thinking I'd give the Z1C to the wife. Got it yesterday and loved it. Based on good experience with the Z1C, I just expected waterproofing to be as reliable. After setting it up, I finally had a chance to test it by dipping into a pitcher of water and tested the camera. Camera button so much better than Z1 and all seemed to work. Suddenly I see bubbles, camera shuts off, flap warning pops up (flaps were completely closed) and phone dies. Took it out immediately and water is running out of microphone holes at bottom and apparently from around the frame. What a let down! Just hoping Sony or vendor are cool about a replacement. Had it all of 2 days. Got wet in 15 cm water and died although all flaps completely closed.

Still, compared to Z1 Compact, the body stiffness and frame flush with the glass feel far more flimsy on the Z2. Now that its got water in it, I can almost squeeze it and water seems to leak from around the aluminum frame. Contemplating sticking with the Z1 Compact for a year until tech improves if I can get my money back. Otherwise might try the SGS5. Really bummed as I loved the Z2, but I don't need just another smartphone, I need one that has a good camera and can survive the pool.

Lol, no need to panick, you obviousy got a defective phone, z2 is just as if not more water resistant as previous phones.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Personally I can't understand why some are so eager to dunk it in water just to test the water proofing, I mean if you have a crash proof car you ain't gonna crash it into a wall to test it.

Reactions: bdithug

Quist

May 23, 2007
Personally I can't understand why some are so eager to dunk it in water just to test the water proofing, I mean if you have a crash proof car you ain't gonna crash it into a wall to test it.
Well, if you buy the phone to be able to use it in the water, it's better to test it out before you're in a situation where you need the phone and it just dies on you. Of course, if you never intend to get the thing wet, obviously you have no need to test this feature.

numskull

Oct 19, 2010

Actually im not normal...... if i bought a car that was advertised as not crumpling in a collision, yes i most definately would drive it into a brick wall (not too fast tho, im assuming id still be able to be catapulted through the windscreen lol)

stunno

Dec 10, 2005
Just outside the Smog
Well, it got it's first water test today, and . . . well it passed!

I was on the golf course using the phone as a golf GPS when it threw it down and everything got drenched. The phone has survived, but was more or less unusable when the screen was wet. Several rain drops seemed to act as finger presses, launching random programs, which was quite annoying as I had to keep drying the phone to get back to the GPS screen. But I suppose the main thing was that the phone survived the deluge

dandv

Aug 6, 2006
California
wiki.dandascalescu.com
Video of Z2 diving into a lake

Here's my Z2 taking a dive into a Lake for a few seconds.

axHmCNFl.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salt water does erode away things alot easier

I think you can use in salt water, just only near the water surface

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Just for the record i am using the Phone to wrote this! At the Beach! ?