Verizon Galaxy S4 Mini on US Cellular?

Search This thread

craichead

Feb 8, 2011
Is it possible to activate a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (or regular S4) on US Cellular's network, specifically for their pre-paid service (which is now, thankfully, allowing 4G phones)? How about the S4 international edition? I've done a lot of searching and I haven't found anything definitive, though some people have mentioned something about the LTE bands being different and therefore incompatible hardware-wise. But considering that (as far as I know) US Cellular phones can roam on Verizon's network, I'm not understanding why it wouldn't be possible. Could it be as easy as inserting a US Cellular SIM, or are the radios or other hardware different?

Is it possible to activate a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (or regular S4) on US Cellular's network, specifically for their pre-paid service (which is now, thankfully, allowing 4G phones)? How about the S4 international edition? I've done a lot of searching and I haven't found anything definitive, though some people have mentioned something about the LTE bands being different and therefore incompatible hardware-wise. But considering that (as far as I know) US Cellular phones can roam on Verizon's network, I'm not understanding why it wouldn't be possible. Could it be as easy as inserting a US Cellular SIM, or are the radios or other hardware different?

your best bet is to find a us cellular edition i think its the r model
verizon wont let you unless you get the unlock codes from them'
its not as simple as a sim swap with verizon devices for the most part,
phone needs to have been unlocked for it to work

craichead

Feb 8, 2011
your best bet is to find a us cellular edition i think its the r model
verizon wont let you unless you get the unlock codes from them'
its not as simple as a sim swap with verizon devices for the most part,
phone needs to have been unlocked for it to work

I understand that the phone would need to be unlocked, but I also think that Verizon will unlock any phone that is out of contract, if I'm understanding the following correctly: http://goo.gl/vz2Jxn

craichead

Feb 8, 2011
Thats correct.
although there are some simple stipulations so go for it

Well, I'm not going to go and buy a Verizon phone in the hopes that it will work on US Cellular; that's why I posted on here for confirmation to see if anyone has been able to verify this before I actually purchase anything.