Gameloft working on tegra 3 optimization!!!!

Search This thread

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
correction it uses 1 core out of 4 CPU cores i wasnt talking about GPU

CPU can be used to accelerate all the particles and physics processing, which GL chose to ignore the extra 3 cores

looking at Nova3 you can see its smooth but once you have around 3 enemies with their phsycis simluation, it lags bad, the CPU is the ideal place to deal wtih physics and ragdoll but yea, what can i say, its GL, they are spoiled and like the GPU to do all the job and not bother with multithreaded coding

I stand corrected :)

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
thats no true its not A15 and gameloft games are with ZERO effects on snapdragon,, on Nova3 u dont even get the glass reflection shader

and finally u already have abundance of CPU power on Tegra 3, its the GPU that matters for gameloft games

Ok, fair enough, you've done the experiments. But if they are single threaded then a core that's 40% faster can't be a bad thing.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Ok, fair enough, you've done the experiments. But if they are single threaded then a core that's 40% faster can't be a bad thing.

yes but these games are originally designed to run on the iPad2 and iPhone 4s both featuring a dual core 800-100mhz A9 processors

our single A9 core is 1200-1400mhz

so the core is not the issue

Gameloft is barely using the CPU to begin with

remember the old PC games days before multicore CPUs showed up? it was all the GPU, the situation is similar, its pretty clear GL is still not taking advantage of multicore CPUs

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
yes but these games are originally designed to run on the iPad2 and iPhone 4s both featuring a dual core 800-100mhz A9 processors

our single A9 core is 1200-1400mhz

so the core is not the issue

Gameloft is barely using the CPU to begin with

remember the old PC games days before multicore CPUs showed up? it was all the GPU, the situation is similar, its pretty clear GL is still not taking advantage of multicore CPUs

I got ya', the games are GPU bound.

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
Because Snapdragon S4 is basically 2 Cortex A15 and Tegra 3 is 4 Cortex A9

What I was referring to earlier when I said dual core phones, was old dual core phones like the S2 and Optimus 2X. I've read here somewhere in xda that one particular game ran ok on his Optimus 2X but was laggy on his Optimus 4X HD.

Nitin985

Jun 30, 2010
In confused then. If would expect this kind of things for old phones. Not modern day. Why can't the tegra 3 just play all games. And why do game manufacturers remove graphics. If even Qualcomm doesn't have full effects what is the reason. They should be more than capable by know to run these games with full effects

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
In confused then. If would expect this kind of things for old phones. Not modern day. Why can't the tegra 3 just play all games. And why do game manufacturers remove graphics. If even Qualcomm doesn't have full effects what is the reason. They should be more than capable by know to run these games with full effects

Its not the manufacturers fault, game devs are finding it hard to support so many different chip sets on android, aka fragmentation

Still GL is big enough to do better especially since tegra 3 ruled most of 2012

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
Its not the manufacturers fault, game devs are finding it hard to support so many different chip sets on android, aka fragmentation

It still is in my eyes t3 all the way to t4 nvidia all the way :D

Nitin985

Jun 30, 2010

Yeh thanks. Cleared things a bit. So what's the most all rounded chipset atm? S4? There are soo many. How long do you think it will be till we get ps3 esque graphics on a phone?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yeh thanks. Cleared things a bit. So what's the most all rounded chipset atm? S4? There are soo many. How long do you think it will be till we get ps3 esque graphics on a phone?

Well dead trigger is the most ps3 like at the moment, u want console quality games stick to Tegra and wait for t4

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonesdenano

qaliza

Dec 2, 2006
Alexandria
Asphalt 7 Multi player local wifi option missing in htc devices

Im currently running asphalt 7 v1,04 on my one x+ and its great. The only thing missing is the local wifi multiplayer option. On my brother's galaxy s3 its there. Googling this issue i found that its only limited to htc devices.Is there any solution for this problem. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the halo effect of the N7. Now that Google's pushing Teg3 by putting in one of their devices that's destined to sell in the tens of million you'll see a lot of app developers that ignored Teg3 or never optimized for it getting on board. The N7 is the best thing that ever could have happened to Teg3.
    I contacted gl to let them know about the issues with tegra 3 and they are already aware about it and are working on it :)

soon we will get to enjoy gameloft games lag free on our HOX

HIT THANKS if i helped!!!!!!
    It's the halo effect of the N7. Now that Google's pushing Teg3 by putting in one of their devices that's destined to sell in the tens of million you'll see a lot of app developers that ignored Teg3 or never optimized for it getting on board. The N7 is the best thing that ever could have happened to Teg3.

+1
    Nice! My one x will be a little bit happier once this happens as we've recently opened up our gpu speeds to FAST :good:Thanks faux123
    I already saw that but I don't think it's true, Gameloft guys are just a bunch of liars, I went to their forum and they're most of the time ignoring the Tegra 3 related complaints or answering the exact same way they answered to you (it's like if they're all doing a ctrl+c-ctrl+v)
    And, considering the way Asphalt 7 and The Amazing Spider Man (this game doesn't even support post-treatment for Tegra 3!) were optimised for Tegra 3 and considering that Gameloft had time to do the work before releasing these apps, I guess that nVidia didn't pay the extra money Samsung paid to get properly optimised apps... :mad:
    Even The Dark Knight Rises was not THAT well optimised...
    Considering all that I would assume that Gameloft developpers don't know their work or what "optimising" means but considering how Gameloft games work on SGS2 and SGS3 I think that Samsung just paid some money... :rolleyes: