Htc one x felt in water

Search This thread

Max :)

Oct 31, 2013
Hey guys , a friend of mine have a htc one x , but it felt in a glass of water, when i try to boot it,blank screen , when i put it on the charger the light turn, where you cen see if the phone is fully charged or not , but is there a tool for the htc were i can see the boot process? So i know with parts i need to replace.
Greetings max

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
USA
Try keeping it in dry rice for 24 hours so that all moisture gets soaked. Then report back.

Sent from my One X

Reactions: Max :)

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Try keeping it in dry rice for 24 hours so that all moisture gets soaked. Then report back.

Sent from my One X

Could also open it and get a hair drier on it.

Used to do that when I was a sound tech, came in very handy a number of times.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Oct 31, 2013
I ve all redy done that, with no success :((sorry for my english, i am dutch :)

Oct 31, 2013
I didn't tried that , but if rice didn't work, why should a hair dryer help? (I m gonna to try it :) but a bigger prob .. Where are the screws in the one x xD i m gonna to ask it on youtube , but thx for your reactions guys!

de4life

Jan 27, 2014
Ipswich
If you want to get the One X open you'll need to pop the screen out of the casing using a thin tool (or your thumbs if you're feeling brave).

The motherboard and everything else is attached to the screen, and is also secured by adhesive. Getting the phone open is not easy and you could easily damage it, so if you're going to try this be careful. There are a few vids on YouTube detailing how to open the One X.

Your success will depend on exactly what damage the water has done to the phone. If its fried the motherboard then it's pretty much game over. You may have got lucky and the damage may be restricted to the power flex cable or battery, which can be replaced. Both parts can be ordered for a very low price. Unfortunately the One X is one of the worst phones to drop in water, as you can't immediately take the battery or anything else out. It's very easy for this phone to short-circuit, though if you can get it to turn on and boot to the "HTC quietly brilliant" screen you have half a chance of salvaging it.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
If you want to get the One X open you'll need to pop the screen out of the casing using a thin tool (or your thumbs if you're feeling brave).

The motherboard and everything else is attached to the screen, and is also secured by adhesive. Getting the phone open is not easy and you could easily damage it, so if you're going to try this be careful. There are a few vids on YouTube detailing how to open the One X.

Your success will depend on exactly what damage the water has done to the phone. If its fried the motherboard then it's pretty much game over. You may have got lucky and the damage may be restricted to the power flex cable or battery, which can be replaced. Both parts can be ordered for a very low price. Unfortunately the One X is one of the worst phones to drop in water, as you can't immediately take the battery or anything else out. It's very easy for this phone to short-circuit, though if you can get it to turn on and boot to the "HTC quietly brilliant" screen you have half a chance of salvaging it.

Actually taking the housing off is very easy.

Makes sure phone is off, take out sim tray then pop off the bottom.

Also rice may work but it doesn't absorb moisture that quickly, salt for example absorbs must faster than rice. Putting it in a tub (sandwich box type thing) with packets of silica gel (the random do not eat packets you get with shoes and stuff) would be far more effective.

de4life

Jan 27, 2014
Ipswich
Actually taking the housing off is very easy.

Makes sure phone is off, take out sim tray then pop off the bottom.

Also rice may work but it doesn't absorb moisture that quickly, salt for example absorbs must faster than rice. Putting it in a tub (sandwich box type thing) with packets of silica gel (the random do not eat packets you get with shoes and stuff) would be far more effective.

Very easy is extremely misleading. The Phone is not meant to be taken apart and as a result it is not very easy to do so. I'd hate for anybody to read that and think they can just pop off the bottom without damaging anything. It wouldn't take much to crack the screen, damage the logic board or indeed one of the internal cables from just attempting to pop it off without any caution. You also have the issue of the insides being stuck down with adhesive, which makes it difficult to open the phone for the first time. It's easier upon subsequent attempts. The battery is also stuck down making it hard to get out.

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
Well, Max, connecting a wet phone to the mains and trying to power it on is possibly the worst thing you can ever do to a wet phone. I'd say there's no chance, unless for whatever reason you haven't fried the phone's guts already.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Very easy is extremely misleading. The Phone is not meant to be taken apart and as a result it is not very easy to do so. I'd hate for anybody to read that and think they can just pop off the bottom without damaging anything. It wouldn't take much to crack the screen, damage the logic board or indeed one of the internal cables from just attempting to pop it off without any caution. You also have the issue of the insides being stuck down with adhesive, which makes it difficult to open the phone for the first time. It's easier upon subsequent attempts. The battery is also stuck down making it hard to get out.

Removing the outer housing is very simple, just apply a bit of force and the case will come out.

Even the first time I opened my phone I did so without much effort and didn't break anything.

de4life

Jan 27, 2014
Ipswich
Removing the outer housing is very simple, just apply a bit of force and the case will come out.

Even the first time I opened my phone I did so without much effort and didn't break anything.

I think you might have just had loose casing for whatever reason. You only have to view a few vids on YouTube to see it isn't an easy process and it would be very easy to break something if done incorrectly.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
I think you might have just had loose casing for whatever reason. You only have to view a few vids on YouTube to see it isn't an easy process and it would be very easy to break something if done incorrectly.

First time was harder, applied quite a bit of force.

Once you get the pressure clips off you can feel the adhesive pealing off.

muhammad.uzi1994

Aug 15, 2013
ehmad

hey i dropped my htc one x on wet floor. its display got turned off but yet it was reponsive. i could atend calls. i took it to the htc official store and they told me to get its motheroard replaced. can anyone help me where i can find a new motherboard?

Oct 31, 2013
*update* i've got the htc turned on , i ve heard the pling sound when you turn it on, all buttons work except the screen , the is black ... Note : when i put him in the bootloader and insert the charger , the led is starting to flash 3 times , then 3 sec noting and then it is going to flash again so
Greetings ,
Max

Oct 31, 2013
I used the rice method

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my One X

Sent from my One X

Could also open it and get a hair drier on it.

Used to do that when I was a sound tech, came in very handy a number of times.

Put it in the rice..Rice will take water out..

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2
    Well, Max, connecting a wet phone to the mains and trying to power it on is possibly the worst thing you can ever do to a wet phone. I'd say there's no chance, unless for whatever reason you haven't fried the phone's guts already.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk