Unable to beam webpages via NFC after update.

Search This thread

robbierockz

Aug 25, 2010
Bay Shore
Is there anyone that else having issues beaming apps or webpages to other devices via NFC after updating to 4.4.2? I get a transfer error message that says unable to transfer URL via NFC. Sprint and HTC have both said they haven't heard of any known issues... Until I updated the store demo HTC one and showed the repair technician. I guess I'm trying to find out if these are isolated incidents or something that will be a known issue.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sh080

Mar 15, 2012
Is there anyone that else having issues beaming apps or webpages to other devices via NFC after updating to 4.4.2? I get a transfer error message that says unable to transfer URL via NFC. Sprint and HTC have both said they haven't heard of any known issues... Until I updated the store demo HTC one and showed the repair technician. I guess I'm trying to find out if these are isolated incidents or something that will be a known issue.

Having the same issue here, though I did not test NFC before the 4.4.2 update. I can receive URLs but I can't send them. Sending pictures and videos works though. Running stock Vodafone branded HTC One

robbierockz

Aug 25, 2010
Bay Shore
Having the same issue here, though I did not test NFC before the 4.4.2 update. I can receive URLs but I can't send them. Sending pictures and videos works though. Running stock Vodafone branded HTC One

It worked on 4.3. On the store demo phone, we had tested it to make sure it worked before the update and verified that it stopped working after. The Sprint tech said he had submitted a trouble ticket. I also reported it to HTC and they are "going to call" me back in 3-5 days. Just curious as to how long before they fix it.

sh080

Mar 15, 2012
It worked on 4.3. On the store demo phone, we had tested it to make sure it worked before the update and verified that it stopped working after. The Sprint tech said he had submitted a trouble ticket. I also reported it to HTC and they are "going to call" me back in 3-5 days. Just curious as to how long before they fix it.

I'll let you know when mine gets fixed as well. Also, do you have any problems with audio in Skype? Just noticed I can't hear anyone since the update, but they can hear me... weird :p

robbierockz

Aug 25, 2010
Bay Shore
I tested Skype. Seems ok to me. Then again I had uninstalled it and reinstalled it for something else prior to you saying something about it. Another thing I noticed with this update is that the 4G icon will disappear while on a call. I can still use data while on the call. It's just that before it let me know data was available. Now it was making me think that doing both wasn't an option anymore.

sh080

Mar 15, 2012
I tested Skype. Seems ok to me. Then again I had uninstalled it and reinstalled it for something else prior to you saying something about it. Another thing I noticed with this update is that the 4G icon will disappear while on a call. I can still use data while on the call. It's just that before it let me know data was available. Now it was making me think that doing both wasn't an option anymore.

Turns out the Skype thing was because of the other device. As far as I can see, this update brought us only bad things. NFC not fully working, battery life sucks compared to 4.3... Only improvements are easy change of SMS default app and some visual improvements. I want my battery life back!

danielr18

Jan 16, 2012
I don't have a Sprint HTC One, but after the upgrade to kit kat, NFC isn't working for me.

noneed2aim

Jul 16, 2010
I have a Sprint HTC one, and nfc no longer works, can't make purchases, or beam YouTube etc

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

robbierockz

Aug 25, 2010
Bay Shore
I have a Sprint HTC one, and nfc no longer works, can't make purchases, or beam YouTube etc

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Does it give you an error message or just doesn't work? I'm assuming you have the NFC toggle set to on, right? Can you provide any specific details? Like does it make the sound effect at all? Any indication that it is at least trying to work?

danielr18

Jan 16, 2012
Does it give you an error message or just doesn't work? I'm assuming you have the NFC toggle set to on, right? Can you provide any specific details? Like does it make the sound effect at all? Any indication that it is at least trying to work?

It gives me an error message, NFC is on, and it works because it shows the error message when I touch both phones. It's very laggy, look at my thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660552