[Q] Recovery wont open any ZIP files

Search This thread

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
So , I have tried every version of TWRP I can find Including PHILZ , and none of them will open zips to flash everything fails,Also my nandroid backups fail to flash as well after i do a factory reset........ md5s are fine.. Ive also made sure they aren't ZIP.ZIP.. Ive done a fairly extensive search to no avail.Has anyone come across this problem? .. frustrating... Im on the hk firmware S-off rooted

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
In twrp settings did you make sure that Theme testing isn't on.. Even So on that screen press default settings tab and reset twrp flashing settings... Just in case you have a sticky setting..

Reactions: heliguide62

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
ya tried that too .. unfortunately it didn't work..... i don't think its a TWRP only problem because PHILZ wont work either .. the recovery just wont open any zips

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Nope still stuck.. got any ideas?

A while back on a different device i had the same issue. I relocked the bootloader, and then went through the whole process of unlocking again (at htc-dev) reflashed the recovery did fastboot erase cache and reinstalled SU. was kind of a hassle but it worked. Worth a shot maybe.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: heliguide62

heliguide62

Sep 13, 2012
Park City UTAH
actually makes a certain amount of sense .. it might be a bootloader problem ,.. I think im going to ruu.. start over and if that doesnt work i will definitely give that a shot... THANKS!!!...

Reactions: drlzanej

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
actually makes a certain amount of sense .. it might be a bootloader problem ,.. I think im going to ruu.. start over and if that doesnt work i will definitely give that a shot... THANKS!!!...

Your welcome, i didnt go as far as an RUU, Just relocked the bootloader and did the unlock process over. but if you want to go all the way back i dont see any harm in it. Glad i was able to help man :cool:

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Also what are you trying to flash somethings are not meant to be flashed in recovery some are fast boot/bootloader flash setups

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
So , I have tried every version of TWRP I can find Including PHILZ , and none of them will open zips to flash everything fails,Also my nandroid backups fail to flash as well after i do a factory reset........ md5s are fine.. Ive also made sure they aren't ZIP.ZIP.. Ive done a fairly extensive search to no avail.Has anyone come across this problem? .. frustrating... Im on the hk firmware S-off rooted

any solution figured out yet for this??

im having the same issue here. i wasnt able to flash zips either.. . thought it was solved but i tried restoring a backup recently and came to find this issue again..

did u get it figured out if so please share your solution. thanks

here is a link to the thread i started about this issue maybe something in it can help u out if ur still searching. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754466

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In twrp settings did you make sure that Theme testing isn't on.. Even So on that screen press default settings tab and reset twrp flashing settings... Just in case you have a sticky setting..

A while back on a different device i had the same issue. I relocked the bootloader, and then went through the whole process of unlocking again (at htc-dev) reflashed the recovery did fastboot erase cache and reinstalled SU. was kind of a hassle but it worked. Worth a shot maybe.

Or you can delete your TWRP folder from sdcard and reflash recovery...that has helped me before