[Q] please help me guys...I am screwed

Search This thread

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
I have an International version of ascend p6 -06 with B107.
I was trying to install kitkat into it.Its rooted.
I downloaded the UPDATE.APP from one of the forums.I installed twrp and I thought I can use to flash the new ROM using it,but I couldnt find the option,I read somewhere only the zip files can be installed through TWRP. Whenever I press the volume+ + volume- + power button,the phone starts with the TWRP directly than doing any update .I have put the UPDATE.APP file in dload folder in my SD card,still it was not updating with that given shortcut.
I did a stupid thing just now,I wiped all datas using TWRP and now i have no OS installed ,and like that my phone is bricked.now if i switch on the phone it gets stuck at huawei ascend Logo.and if i press volume up and down buttons along with power button,then it goes to TWRP ..
pls pls pls help me ,and thanks a ton in advance.
I even tried downloading the the original rom from the huawei website and still not able to update using that UPDATE.APP file...

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
don't panic..

you habe to set your phone into bootloader mode..push power and Volumen + (or -) together and hold them for about 5sec until you See the huawei ascend Logo (it stucks there - thats OK)..
then Connecticut your p6 to the pc and Start your ADB..
depending what Firmware you want (JB or KK) you habe to get a stock recovery IMG..
this can be flashed by ADB using the known commands for flashing recovery..
when you have the stock recovery you can put an update.app (e.g. from the last b511) onto your SD card Ingo the dload folder..
then you habe to unplug your phone from pc and press all three buttons (power and Volumen +/- together) and hold them until you See the Android Figure (force update method)..
should work..
if not then you have to search for the twrp sideload feature (via Google)..

Reactions: 4sachu

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
can u help me with starting adb.

don't panic..

you habe to set your phone into bootloader mode..push power and Volumen + (or -) together and hold them for about 5sec until you See the huawei ascend Logo (it stucks there - thats OK)..
depending what Firmware you want (JB or KK) you habe to get a stock recovery IMG..
when you have the stock recovery you can put an update.app (e.g. from the last b511) onto your SD card Ingo the dload folder..
then you habe to unplug your phone from pc and press all three buttons (power and Volumen +/- together) and hold them until you See the Android Figure (force update method)..
should work..

I am sorry to trouble..I am not a PRO in all these like u guys.
how do i start a ADB?? and where to download the stock recovery image?

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
i am a noob too ;) but made the same experience linke you now..

OK..so first things first..
you have twrp as recovery in your p6..so you have flashed this by "adb fastboot"?

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
OK...then there should be the Option to install/flash a stock recovery..

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
here comes the next problem

I downloaded the abd driver installer 1.0,it identifies my phone.but once i press the button for installing the error pops up.,incompatible with win 8 (64 bit.)now what to do??

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
hm..
then you should search in Google for the twrp adb sideload features to get a connection between phone and pc

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
Thank youuuuuuuuuuu

hm..
then you should search in Google for the twrp adb sideload features to get a connection between phone and pc

I have no words to thank you..finally its done..the adb drivers were not installed well,thats why it was not picked up by the tool.I updated the stock recovery image and it rebooted and installed well...thanks a ton again..and I appreciate your fast replies.I had spend 2 days only in this.its such a releif.:victory::victory:

Reactions: blueIBI

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
Again problem

I am sorry to trouble you again.yesterday i updater to B508 kitkat,but gprs or 3g were not working.so today I downloaded the B512 version.in this version if iam putting the dload file in SD card,it doesnt read it.I have to put this in internal storage itself.This time my phone is stuck in the normal android recovery stage as I dont have TWRP installed (I guess,the same shorcut is not starting TWRP).
And to update to the older version the update.app file should be there in internal storage which i cannot assess at this point since mobile doesnt start..what do I do??

I tried installing TWRP connecting mobile in the present status,but its not installing

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
hve you tried to do a force update (3 button method)..
it should work when you put the update.app in dload folder in your sdcard..
maybe you have to go to another Version (b122 or b132)..
but the only method that might now work is the 3 buttons (power and vol +/- together)..and you have to hold them until you see the Android figure (can take more then 10 seconds.. be patient)..

if this won't work then i'm too speechless (hadn't this case before)..

hope you geht your p6 running..

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
again got lucky

hve you tried to do a force update (3 button method)..
it should work when you put the update.app in dload folder in your sdcard..
maybe you have to go to another Version (b122 or b132)..
but the only method that might now work is the 3 buttons (power and vol +/- together)..and you have to hold them until you see the Android figure (can take more then 10 seconds.. be patient)..

if this won't work then i'm too speechless (hadn't this case before)..

hope you geht your p6 running..

It worked.I fomatted the sd card and left only dload folder .and used the same version which was originally working (508).now its reverted back to normal ..half my tensions are over.but the i wanna change from this rom,in this my internet doesnt work..I wanted to install B510,but for that I have to install B132 first,which i am trying.but its not working.Any idea what should be done.?

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
try to flash then recovery Form b132 (usw the huawei update extractor to create one..can be found here in then forum)..then via force update you should be able to installiert then b132..and from there it is easy to load then b512 for example (system update local or force update (there you don't need to change the recovery)..

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
try to flash then recovery Form b132 (usw the huawei update extractor to create one..can be found here in then forum)..then via force update you should be able to installiert then b132..and from there it is easy to load then b512 for example (system update local or force update (there you don't need to change the recovery)..

You meant I shoould make a recovery for B132 using huawei update extractor.I have the P6 tool with me,if i update a recovery image for jellybean (currently its kitkat) will that be enough??

4sachu

Aug 9, 2009
bigger problem

yes will be enough..

I made B132.zip file and using TWRP i installed it.It showed the istallation was successful,and i rebooted to the system and its stuck in huawei ascend logo and its not moving from there.I tried again using the vol- + vol+ + powerbotton,Its restarting to the sa,me logo.somehow recovery is not working.I think now I am really screwed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    don't panic..

should work..
    ok let me

hm..

I will try to find it and will update you
    Thank youuuuuuuuuuu

hm..

I have no words to thank you..finally its done..the adb drivers were not installed well,thats why it was not picked up by the tool.I updated the stock recovery image and it rebooted and installed well...thanks a ton again..and I appreciate your fast replies.I had spend 2 days only in this.its such a releif.:victory::victory: