[Q] Root for MT2.L05

Search This thread

janrck

Aug 25, 2014
Hello, someone knows how to root this phone? Im looking everywhere and nothing.
Thanks!

tomlemange

Jul 15, 2014
I can't post the root link I used because my post count is too low. But if you google "mt2-l05 root" it should be the second link, from anzow.com. I translated the page to English using google. I did it when I was still on 4.2, not sure if it works on kitkat. Don't try and replace the Chinese root app with another one, it always seemed to mess up my root when I tried to do this. Also, the root is still write protected so I guess you don't quite have full access like I would prefer, but it does work well enough that Rom Toolbox can freeze apps. I tried changing permissions so I could write to the root but it would always soft brick my phone and I'd have to do a factory recovery.

Reactions: janrck

janrck

Aug 25, 2014
Change Color...

I can't post the root link I used because my post count is too low. But if you google "mt2-l05 root" it should be the second link, from anzow.com. I translated the page to English using google. I did it when I was still on 4.2, not sure if it works on kitkat. Don't try and replace the Chinese root app with another one, it always seemed to mess up my root when I tried to do this. Also, the root is still write protected so I guess you don't quite have full access like I would prefer, but it does work well enough that Rom Toolbox can freeze apps. I tried changing permissions so I could write to the root but it would always soft brick my phone and I'd have to do a factory recovery.

Thx for answer, Im a little afraid because the phones is working so nice... Maybe I´ll wait until found a secure metd to root. But Thank you

tomlemange

Jul 15, 2014
Thx for answer, Im a little afraid because the phones is working so nice... Maybe I´ll wait until found a secure metd to root. But Thank you

I wouldn't say it's unsafe, but I definitely felt sketched out using non English software to root. I'd do it again though, it's really great to get all those useless Chinese apps off the phone. As long as you don't mess with read/write permissions or kinguser, you shouldn't have any problems. The times I did soft brick I was always able to fix it via recovery.

Reactions: janrck

janrck

Aug 25, 2014
I wouldn't say it's unsafe, but I definitely felt sketched out using non English software to root. I'd do it again though, it's really great to get all those useless Chinese apps off the phone. As long as you don't mess with read/write permissions or kinguser, you shouldn't have any problems. The times I did soft brick I was always able to fix it via recovery.

Hello again, I have one question, in these chinesse webste there are two methods to root, wich method did you choose?

janrck

Aug 25, 2014
Im trying to download the two files esential to root the phone but the download is veeeery low and crashes after a couple of minutes, can yo pass me those files? Im talking about: "RootGenius_anzow.zip" and "WanDoujiaSeup_api.....exe"
Thanks a lot

johnclarkson

Aug 28, 2013
androidteen.com
finally find the way to root mt2 l05 on android 4.4.2.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT2-L05 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1409926561116.jpg
    1409926561116.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 352

johnclarkson

Aug 28, 2013
androidteen.com
sorry for confusing. that root guide is for china version ham2. for us version, the root is available. first unlock boot loader, then root with towelroot

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Just checked your link, did Huawei release KK 4.4.2 for the Mate2? I must have missed it? No update showing (USA version)

4.4.2 is for china version ham2, us version is still on 4.3

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/ascend-mate2/general/progress-rooting-ham2-t2867975

I found this, hope it helps, I am still trying to figure out, I am totally noob at this lol

main concern is to unlock bootloader. then it should be root easily using one click root

estoydadude

Jul 13, 2014
East Brunswick
www.myunu.com
sorry for confusing. that root guide is for china version ham2. for us version, the root is available. first unlock boot loader, then root with towelroot

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

4.4.2 is for china version ham2, us version is still on 4.3

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

main concern is to unlock bootloader. then it should be root easily using one click root

Nice!! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Im trying to download the two files esential to root the phone but the download is veeeery low and crashes after a couple of minutes, can yo pass me those files? Im talking about: "RootGenius_anzow.zip" and "WanDoujiaSeup_api.....exe"
    Thanks a lot
    android 4.4.2 root is still not available. i have tried much of this one-click-root toolkit but no luck.
    i have written the step herehttp://androidteen.com/huawei-ascend-mate-2-4g-root-guide/.

Just checked your link, did Huawei release KK 4.4.2 for the Mate2? I must have missed it? No update showing (USA version)

They did, but not for the US HAM2.