[Odin] [Firmware/Modem] [G900T-UVU1CNK2]

Search This thread

keysoh2

Feb 18, 2010
This is the Firmware/bootloader and Modem for the new G900T-UVU1CNK2 build.

Use Odin (download link included) to flash.
Power your phone completely off, hold down home and volume down, boot phone while holding volume down and home.
Run Odin with admin rights
Uncheck all boxes except "auto reboot" in Odin
Modem goes on the "CP' button in Odin
Bootloader goes on the "BL" button in Odin
Flash

Bootloader
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616656

Modem
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616657

Odin
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616660

In this thread is the link to the full G900TUVU1CNK2 tar
http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-galaxy-s5/general/g900tuvu1cnk2-mega-link-t2952323

Wrightperspective

Oct 20, 2010
Flashing Firmware and Modem won't erase any data, correct? Do we know of any specific benefits of the new firmware and modem? I know they are usually better but anyone familiar? Thanks.

Last edited:

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
Flashing Firmware and Modem won't erase any data, correct? Do we know of any specific benefits of the new firmware and modem? I know they are usually better but anyone familiar? Thanks.

Shouldn't erase any data. If you flash the full tar file, it'll wipe you. That's for flashing to stock. Just updating bootloader and modem shouldn't erase anything (unless you do something dumb).

New firmware (if you mean bootloader) really doesn't do much but some ROMs (mostly stock ones) make sure your bootloader is a certain version. We're on T-Mobile so there isn't much to worry about since their bootloaders are unlocked to begin with so far.

New modems usually incorporate fixes and what not, but it's really YMMV. I usually go with the latest and if it seems worse I would just go back. I've never had to do this before though. I either don't notice much change at all, or at least know it's not going backwards. As far as my experiences with T-Mo HTC HD2 on AT&T, AT&T S3, and T-Mo S5. =)

BTW, I'm on AT&T LTE with G900T.

And thanks OP. =)

Reactions: DarkMeister

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
Any plans to make this a rooted flashable zip? I was thinking about it, but haven't had the time yet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area
Shouldn't erase any data. If you flash the full tar file, it'll wipe you. That's for flashing to stock. Just updating bootloader and modem shouldn't erase anything (unless you do something dumb).

New firmware (if you mean bootloader) really doesn't do much but some ROMs (mostly stock ones) make sure your bootloader is a certain version. We're on T-Mobile so there isn't much to worry about since their bootloaders are unlocked to begin with so far.

New modems usually incorporate fixes and what not, but it's really YMMV. I usually go with the latest and if it seems worse I would just go back. I've never had to do this before though. I either don't notice much change at all, or at least know it's not going backwards. As far as my experiences with T-Mo HTC HD2 on AT&T, AT&T S3, and T-Mo S5. =)

And thanks OP. =)

For all you stock rooted peeps that could not OTA:

Flashing the full tar will not wipe phone IF coming from the stock rom. All data and apps in tact. But it will remove root (superuser still present but does not work) and it will replace your custom recovery with the stock recovery. Simple to get back root with CF Auto root, and you can either Odin a custom recovery or use something like TWRP Manager (root) to get back recovery.

Reactions: justjager

middleearth1010

Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix
Does anybody know what the improvements are over the NH5 Modem? I flashed, and everything is running great. The radio seems more "responsive" to tower hops, and latches faster. Seems more stable. Will update in a few days.

Reactions: verngator

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
Does anybody know what the improvements are over the NH5 Modem? I flashed, and everything is running great. The radio seems more "responsive" to tower hops, and latches faster. Seems more stable. Will update in a few days.

From what I read, it's more focused on improvements to sms/mms over wifi. Possibly some VoLTE improvements as well.

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Service reception is tied to the bootloader. Least was on the S4 , especially for data.

As far as change logs, Samsung never provides them.

But I can tell you it's probably a waste of bandwidth to download the entire firmware for this update and would just tar up the bootloaders and modems and supply those. There's zero changes to the kernel and most likely none to system

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
Service reception is tied to the bootloader. Least was on the S4 , especially for data.

But I can tell you it's probably a waste of bandwidth to download the entire firmware for this update and would just tar up the bootloaders and modems and supply those. There's zero changes to the kernel and most likely none to system

Your right. Done looked at it. I'm running the modem. Zero changes....

Nice to see ya here bro :eek:

sindawe

Jan 27, 2008
Hollywood
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi Guys,
I'm on NG3 still and would like to do some updates. Can I go directly to NK2, or do I need to do updates in sequence? Also, using Odin with the two files in the thread doesn't take away root, does it; I just want to make sure?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Firmware/bootloader and Modem for the new G900T-UVU1CNK2 build.

Use Odin (download link included) to flash.
    Power your phone completely off, hold down home and volume down, boot phone while holding volume down and home.
    Run Odin with admin rights
    Uncheck all boxes except "auto reboot" in Odin
    Modem goes on the "CP' button in Odin
    Bootloader goes on the "BL" button in Odin
    Flash

Bootloader
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616656

Modem
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616657

Odin
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616660

In this thread is the link to the full G900TUVU1CNK2 tar
    http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-galaxy-s5/general/g900tuvu1cnk2-mega-link-t2952323
    Any plans to make this a rooted flashable zip? I was thinking about it, but haven't had the time yet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Uploading now ;)

Your right. Done looked at it. I'm running the modem. Zero changes....

Nice to see ya here bro :eek:

And thanks OP. =)
    Just figured I'll chime in, i had to flash at least twice before it stuck.

make sure you totally power it off then use the volume down and home then power button to go into download mode, don't use the power menu restart from it.

I know that from past experience.

hope this help.