[Q] apps for Security suite

Search This thread
May 23, 2014
hello!

Just finished rooting and am enjoylng the process of customizing the phone (not considering ROMS yet). Ive done considerable reading regarding permissions apps and firewalls but much of the info seems to be outdated or lacking. Feel free to direct me to any threads I may have missed which might help.

LBE privacy gaurd vs PDroid vs ???? - LBE previously seemed to be the go to for permission setting but seems to have fallen out of favour due to lack of support for newer builds and potential collection of user data. PDroid seems to come in several iterations (open, mamager) and I wasnt sure which would be best as of this point. Thoughts?

Droidwall vs Android Firewall - DW seemed to lose developer support and was again picked up in the form of AF. However, both appear to exist in the Play store. Throughts on firewall apps?

Lastly, any thiughts or guidance on having both a FW and permissions app? Neccesarry.

Thanks

S3i747m 4.3

May 23, 2014
I think this may be in the wrong forum :( sorry. If it is a move to the appropriate forum would be great.

Adding to the discussion I'm having with myself after further reading:

So Pdroid Manager needs a "custom framework". Even after reading that app's thread I don't know what that is so I dont think its for me. I need something more user friendly. So what would be the best option for me (my previous conerns about LBE stand)?

What is the diff between android fw and android fw+? Fw recommendations still appreciated