[Q] Ext HDD + OTG + NTFS mounting on this tablet - Anyone got it to work?

Search This thread

snake2332

Dec 26, 2010
Montana
Has anyone got NTFS mounting to work, specifically from an OTG adapter and external hard drive? I see an old thread about NTFS mount, but the search function is broken on XDA (when clicking on a search result, it just takes you to the front forums page, not the actual thread you clicked on), so I can't read it.

I tried Paragon NTFS+, which works with my hard drive drive & OTG adapter when using my LG G2, but on my Note it fails to mount. Paragon doesn't give an error message, it just tries to mount for a few seconds then does nothing. I also tried NTFS Mounter, which crashes when trying to mount.

I ended up using Wireless File Transfer Pro to transfer a large file because MTP is broken on my laptop with all devices. I've tried everything under the sun to fix MTP, but it's just broken until I reimage this machine.

FWIW, I'm using CleanROM 1.5.

meks007

Jun 28, 2010
I tried Paragon NTFS+, which works with my hard drive drive & OTG adapter when using my LG G2, but on my Note it fails to mount. Paragon doesn't give an error message, it just tries to mount for a few seconds then does nothing. I also tried NTFS Mounter, which crashes when trying to mount.

There are a couple NTFS Mount apps on the Play Store, none of them are working as of yet though.
When trying to mount using ntfs-3g and fuse.ko by hand, ntfs-3g stops with some sort of permission error.
My guess is it doesn't work with SELinux on Enforcing yet.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
There are a couple NTFS Mount apps on the Play Store, none of them are working as of yet though.
When trying to mount using ntfs-3g and fuse.ko by hand, ntfs-3g stops with some sort of permission error.
My guess is it doesn't work with SELinux on Enforcing yet.

USB Plugin for total commander works.. It's a paid app but it works... Only thing though, you need to Total Commander as the File manager. It will also copy a file, temporarily, to the tablet. But it does read the NTFS 1.5Tb drive I plug in....

Jan 24, 2014
Ext HDD + OTG + NTFS

If you want your SM-P600 to mount and read NTFS formatted Hard drives you will nee to install the kernel shown here

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2615959

After you do that you can install Paragon or USB OTG helper,the hard drive should be mounted and your tablet should be able to show the files on it if you use ES file explorer