(PROTODUG) HTC DESIRE X DUAL SIM T329W (ROOT /CUSTOM RECOVERY/MODS/ROMS)-AIO Thread

Search This thread

rocky869

Mar 23, 2010
Kolkata
@Ghost1510 Thanks for generating system dump of our rom which is around 450mb zip.I hope you upload it as soon as possible.
By the way I have posted Lipdroid Toggle Mod for which the credit goes to Lipdroid,xpirit And Ghost1510 for testing it on HTC Desire X Dual Sim:good::good:

rocky869

Mar 23, 2010
Kolkata
Can't you guys just hit thanks button, instead of posing a lengthy post thanking XYZ person (sorry to be nitpicky)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
@Will_Xda Actually the problem is sometimes my Tapatalk not allow me to thanks some threads. And also if we don't highlight the names of developers whose work we are linking here then also there are complaint of not mentioning them. Isn't that confusing :sly::sly::what:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Will_Xda

Sep 29, 2012
Leicester
www.youtube.com
@Will_Xda Actually the problem is sometimes my Tapatalk not allow me to thanks some threads. And also if we don't highlight the names of developers whose work we are linking here then also there are complaint of not mentioning them. Isn't that confusing :sly::sly::what:

Not really. Crediting them in the OP is enough, no need to Clog a thread up and deter people from helping you.

rocky869

Mar 23, 2010
Kolkata
Okay how to do that, since I have not rooted & unlocked my bootloader?:confused:

Sent from my HTC Desire X dual sim using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

arindam4u

Jan 12, 2012
Kolkata
anybody can give original systemui.apk for flashing for t329w??..
my notification bar is not showing... :confused::eek:
Thanks in advance...

Ghost1510

Aug 17, 2013
Mumbai
anybody can give original systemui.apk for flashing for t329w??..
my notification bar is not showing... :confused::eek:
Thanks in advance...

Check in themes section the thread name is battery icon
Download any of the battery style zip that zip contain systemui.apk
Or ask @rocky869
Hey @rocky869 you can copy systemui.apk from es file explorer
I know yor fne is not rooted bt stiil u can copy the system files
It located in system/app

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Okay how to do that, since I have not rooted & unlocked my bootloader?:confused:

Sent from my HTC Desire X dual sim using xda app-developers app

Ask @NexusPrime he can help you
I watched other way by checking whethr recovery partition is present into proc directory
Bt failed to do that so.

Reactions: arindam4u

arindam4u

Jan 12, 2012
Kolkata
Stock Odexed SystemUI.apk of HTC Desire Xds t329w

In case anybody need it in future as I needed, here (Attached) is the original stock Odexed SystemUI.apk in a zip for Desire X dual sim (t329w).
Mount System and Data then Flash it via custom recovery.

Last edited:

rocky869

Mar 23, 2010
Kolkata
In case anybody need it in future as I needed, here (Attached) is the original stock Odexed SystemUI.apk in a zip for Desire X dual sim (t329w).
Mount System and Data then Flash it via custom recovery.
@arindam4u Hey here are some important questions for you -
Can u help us in building mods & Roms for our device? Inform us in this thread what mods works in our dual sim mobile if you have tried any new? Are you able to take nandroid backup & restore it? Can you upload it? :):)

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
@neXus PRIME How to generate stock recovery.img since I have not unlocked my bootloader and not rooted my device :what::what:

"fastboot boot recovery.img" This will boot the TWRP recovery only and there you can backup stock recovery.
Unlocked bootloader required btw.

xpirt

Ghost1510

Aug 17, 2013
Mumbai
"fastboot boot recovery.img" This will boot the TWRP recovery only and there you can backup stock recovery.
Unlocked bootloader required btw.

xpirt

How to do that so @xpirt
We unlockd nd flash twrp bt want to backup a stock recovery..hw to do that
Plzz guide .. buddy
Becuz rocky869 does not rooted his phone thats why he has stock recovery on his phone.
What about mine u js told that boot twrp and there u can backup stock revory
Plzz tell me how to do that stock recpvry is very imp when we want to return back..
Help..

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
For @rocky869, that means he has just to unlock his bootloader first without flashing a custom recovery. You'll find the steps at htcdev.com. After that, as xpirt said, just boot the recovery. Steps are: Connect the phone via USB to computer and make sure you have USB debugging enabled. Then do adb reboot bootloader from command line (make sure you've got adb and fastboot binaries installed somewhere). Wait for your phone to get into fastboot USB mode. When it's there, you can do fastboot boot recovery.img (make sure you've got recovery.img in the same folder as the fastboot binary).

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

EDIT: @Ghost1510, you can't backup stock recovery anymore because you already flashed a custom recovery and erased the partition before...

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
For @rocky869, that means he has just to unlock his bootloader first without flashing a custom recovery. You'll find the steps at htcdev.com. After that, as xpirt said, just boot the recovery. Steps are: Connect the phone via USB to computer and make sure you have USB debugging enabled. Then do adb reboot bootloader from command line (make sure you've got adb and fastboot binaries installed somewhere). Wait for your phone to get into fastboot USB mode. When it's there, you can do fastboot boot recovery.img (make sure you've got recovery.img in the same folder as the fastboot binary).

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

EDIT: @Ghost1510, you can't backup stock recovery anymore because you already flashed a custom recovery and erased the partition before...

I dont understand u guys here.

If he boots into TWRP and backs up recovery, there will not be any *.img file generated. Rather, TWRP will create a .win file of recovery.
Later, if he wants to restore stock recovery, are u sure he can boot into TWRP again and restore recovery that way?
Has anyone tried this method?

I suggest one of us tests this claim by installing CWM in single sim DX. then boot TWRP and take backup of CWM. then change cwm to philz or something. Then boot to TWRP and restore the cwm backup. If it works, only then recommend this to rocky otherwise its dangerous.

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
I dont understand u guys here.

If he boots into TWRP and backs up recovery, there will not be any *.img file generated. Rather, TWRP will create a .win file of recovery.
Later, if he wants to restore stock recovery, are u sure he can boot into TWRP again and restore recovery that way?
Has anyone tried this method?

I suggest one of us tests this claim by installing CWM in single sim DX. then boot TWRP and take backup of CWM. then change cwm to philz or something. Then boot to TWRP and restore the cwm backup. If it works, only then recommend this to rocky otherwise its dangerous.

The .win file can be renamed into .img and flashed through fastboot.

xpirt

Ghost1510

Aug 17, 2013
Mumbai
Oki lets c what rocky says.. if he want to do this.. o not

My question is if he has unrooted phone and stock recovery there is specific location where recovery.img is stored
If yes we can extract from it their directly
E.g like some phones hav mtd partitions so we can directly extract it from by checking wich partition recovery is stored.
Like using terminal commands
See this link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027311

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER-
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING GOES WRONG OR UR DEVICE BRICKS.USING THE RECOVERY MAY CAUSE DEVICE TO SHUTDOWN FOR FEW HOURS DUE TO OVER HEATING ISSUE, SO LEAVE THE DEVICE AFTER REMOVING THE BATTERY TO COOL DOWN FOR FEW HOURS. AND LATER IT WILL TURN ON WHEN YOU TRY IT.

CREDITS-
    All Credit goes to Nexus Prime for Custom Recovery,xpirt & rocky869(Me) for Stock Recovery & Boot Image,Chainfire for Superuser,Ghost1510 for Testing the recovery,rocky869(me) & Doul for uploading System Dump,ckpv5 for Lidroid Toggles & porting lite/full Sense,Will_Xda,nlooooo,vogonpoetlaureate,GtrCraft,dansou901,MameTozhio for Sense 5 porting, atifjay for testing the custom roms and Other Developers.I am just linking their effort in this thread.
    ===================================================================================================
    2mh6esk.jpg

WHATS DONE
    >UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
    >CUSTOM RECOVERY(attached below)
    >ROOTING THE DEVICE
    >MODDING TOGGLES(See 3rd Post)
    >NANDROID BACKUP-->1) http://www.mediafire.com/?1u95lodymgi0dkd
    >STOCK RECOVERY(attached below)
    >BOOT IMAGE(attached below)
    >STOCK ROM by ckpv5(Link below)
    >DEODEXED STOCK ROM by ckpv5(Link below)
    >Full & Lite Sense Roms by ckpv5(Link below)
    >DROID_SENSE 5 ROM by MameTozhio(Link below)
    TO DO
    >DISABLE STOCK KERNEL WRITE PROTECTION
    >CUSTOM KERNEL DEVELOPMENT
    >CM 10.1 ROM DEVELOPMENT
    >PORTING MIUI OS/LEWA OS
    ====================================================================================================
    Following are the steps in brief for unlocking bootloader, adding custom Recovery & Rooting ur device -

1)1st unlock your bootloader from the HTC dev website--http://www.htcdev.com
    2)Then Download Custom Recovery-TWRP 2.5 (thanks to NEXUS PRIME)-ATTACHED BELOW
    Flash the Custom Recovery through entering into fastboot mode and after that make a Nandroid backup with the recovery(for safety)
    3)Then download SUPERUSER for Rooting the Device.Here is the link-http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
    and put on your sd
    4)Then flash SUPERUSER through recovery and Reboot.Check for Superuser in App Drawer.If you find then you are Rooted.
    ====================================================================================================
    HOW TO:confused:
    STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF ROOTING,FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY & MAKING NANDROID BACKUP/RESTORE FOR DESIRE X DUAL SIM

1.UNLOCKING OF BOOTLOADER

Quote:
    Everything starts with this. Unlocking of bootloader will allow you to make changes to some critical partitions of your phone (boot, system and recovery) and will allow you to flash custom recovery that can be used for installing of custom roms, mods and all kind of flashable zips. However, it won't s-off your phone, and other critical partitions (bootloader, radio) remain inaccessible.

So, I won't explain how to do that. Why? Because if you successfully unlock bootloader on your phone it means that you received enough knowledge for the rest of the process and you're qualified to go further.

This process will factory reset your phone (erase data partition) so backup your stuff before you proceed.

Ok, now go to htcdev.com, register your account, go to unlock bootloader section, for the device choose 'All other supported models' and follow the instructions carefully everything is explained in details. Pay attention to 'Required resources' on the first page after confirmation - you need Android SDK platform tools Java Runtime Environment and HTC Sync installed and there are all needed links. Files mentioned in step 5 you will find in Android Bundle zip you downloaded in folder adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform tools.
    Here are some useful links about Android SDK platform tools, you won’t be needing most of it but it won't be bad to read.
    Remark: once unlocked bootloader can be relocked but can never be locked again. This can be done issuing command from fastboot:

fastboot oem lock​

This means that on the top of you bootloader screen you’ll have a sign RELOCKED instead of LOCKED, which is a notice to HTC that you unlocked it once. Plus they have data about all users that requested unlock_code so they can deny your warranty whenever they want.

If you’ve successfully unlocked your phone bootloader we can proceed to the next step.

2. CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTALLING AND ROOTING

-Here you can find custom recoveries attached below.Rename it to recovery.img and put it on the root of c: drive on your PC.
    -Also you can download Super su from

-Connect your phone to PC and put Supersu.zip file somewhere on your phone Sdcard.

- Do not disconnect your phone from PC, reboot phone to fastboot on one of this ways :
    1.Choose restart from power menu and when the screen comes off wait for the buttons to turn off and immediately push volume down, the phone will boot to bootloader, then select fastboot from bootloader menu
    2.Issuing command

adb reboot-bootloader​

from command prompt that will take you directly to fastboot

- Once you’re in fastboot mode open command prompt, lead it to folder where you installed adb and fastboot (remark: unlocking bootloader guide pointed you to make a folder c:\Android for this) and issue commands:

fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot erase cache​

The second and third commands are not quite necessary but they don’t harm and leave your phone with no trails of previous recoveries. Now you can disconnect your phone from your PC.

- From fastboot menu choose bootloader and then recovery to reboot phone to recovery
    - If you successfully boot to recovery choose options:
    Install zip from sd card
    Choose zip from sd card
    Navigate to superuser.zip you stored on sd card and choose it. Once the installation is finished reboot your phone. Now you should see Superuser app in app drawer and your phone is rooted.

3.HOW TO MAKE NANDROID BACKUP[Step1-2] & RESTORE[Steps 3-6](Generating System Dump)

From @NexusPrime experience of building recoveries, if backup works, there is 99% chance that restore will also work....

1. Boot to recovery
    2. Select Backup, and COMPLETE backup of each partition(Remember to select Sdcard as storage option for backup before swiping the Backup button)
    3. Now, Wipe ONLY DATA, DALVIK, and CACHE (It is essentially a factory reset, so dont wory, you'll just lose contacts, sms n apps)
    4. Now reboot, check whether factory reset was successful.
    5. Boot to recovery again
    6. Restore the data partition ONLY.
    7. If it is Successful, Reboot, and check all apps are back or not...
    8. If they are back, then celebrate, You can safely take nandroid backups and restore them.
    It is the safest path i can suggest. and negligible risk if at all.

OR

If possible get the whole complete SYSTEM by following below method -

If you copy them with ES File explorer, it's going to be a bit tedious as you need to copy folder by folder. If you just simply select system and copy to sdcard you will have missing files.And the easiest way to get the full system dump is :

The device usb debugging is enabled & make sure the device is connected to PC. Then from your adb/fastboot folder then run this command :
    adb devices
    adb pull /system/​

The full system dump will be in your adb/fastboot folder
    then zip the whole folders and keep it safely.

ROMS
    Please take Nandroid Backup & do a Full wipe Before Flashing any Roms

1)STOCK ROM by ckpv5

Rom Info-Check the link

2)DEODEXED STOCK ROM by ckpv5

Rom Info-Check the link

3)myONEdsx RC1.0 ROM by ckpv5

Rom Info-Check the link

4)mySENSEdsx RC1.0 ROM by ckpv5

Rom Info-Check the link

5)DROID_SENSE 5 ROM by MameTozhio

Rom Info-Rom is in very Initial Stage of build & SENSE 5 is ported from HTC DESIRE 500 but running very smooth on our device and have following things not working-Camera,RIL & Wifi, Bluetooth, Audio Distortion. If u find more bugs then tell me.

Viper4android
    Installation flash method for s-on HTC DESIRE X DUAL SIM T329W PROTODUG
    If anyone Got viper4android fx or hifi (audio mod) by @zhuhang @viper520
    But it won't work on your HTC phones due s-ON (/SYSTEM WRITE PROTECTION)
    even if you are rooted.
    For over nearly 2 months I have been trying various things 2 get viper audio fx to work on
    HTC DESIRE x dual sim t329w protodug, ,,,,,,,,,
    So, here I got it working after many searching$

Recommendations :​

1. TWRP for htc protodug by @neXus PRIME
    2. Download this below :
    (necessary mod only for htc desire x dual sim t329w protodug)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/egx2gpjxyl7a6bh/mda8Rr8jza
    now you got the folder viPer audio for htc protodug, ,,

Note :- don't try on any other device
    As the files are edited to work only on
    htc desire x dual sim t329w protodug
    Commands are edited under original/stock
    build.prop and audio_effects.conf extracted from [[protodug]]

And only for those who are currently on
    stock rooted HTC PROTODUG (T329W)
    and/or running roms built by @ckpv5 for
    Htc desire x dual sim t329w protodug

Follow these steps, ,,​

1. Put the folder in sdcard where you can locate it easily, open the folder
    INSTALL the viperfx.apk and viperhifi.apk both as a regular app.
    2. Now boot into recovery,
    3. First thing to do is --- creating a "NANDROID BACKUP"
    (skip, if you already got NAND backup)
    4. Now under MOUNT tab Ensure sdcard and system are mounted.
    5. Get into ADVANCED tab
    Click on FILE MANAGER --- scroll to sdcard and locate the folder viper audio for htc protodug.
    open it and, (execute carefully !)

Click on build.prop and
    copy the file and browse to /system and
    click the select button on bottom right corner and then you will be asked 'swipe to confirm' then, swipe.
    go back to viper folder on sdcard and now
    click on audio_effects.conf
    and copy the file and browse to /system/etc
    and repeat the same swiping procedure for confirming copy,,,,
    AND back 2 viper folder you will find these soundfx libs for viper audio,,,,

libv4a_fx_gb.so
    libv4a_fx_ics.so
    libv4a_xhifi_ics.so

You have to copy these each to /system/lib/soundfx

Done, ,,,,,,,

copying summary to confirm :-
    -- build.prop to /system
    -- audio_effects.conf to /system/etc
    -- (libv4a_fx_gb.so , libv4a_fx_ics.so , libv4a_xhifi_ics.so) to /system/lib/soundfx

6. Now fixing permissions..........
    Recheck whether system and sdcard are mounted,,,

get into advanced/file manager Select /system and click on build.prop ,,,,
    you have to click on chmod(never click on chmod 755)!,,
    There you will see default value 0000 ,,,
    edit the value to 0644 and
    press enter button on keyboard(qwerty).
    And slide to confirm.
    Now head to /system/etc ,,,
    click on audio_effects.conf and select chmod ...
    Enter the value 0644 Confirm by swiping.
    After, go to /system/lib/soundfx
    And fix permission via chmod entering value 0644
    For each of the below, ,,,,,,,,
    libv4a_fx_gb.so
    libv4a_fx_ics.so
    libv4a_xhifi_ics.so

Now reboot the system under REBOOT tab
    Open, viper audio fx and hifi simultaneously, ,,,,,,,,,,,
    Check the options tab for "driver status"
    You will get :-

For viper4android/viper audio fx

Driver version - 2.3.2.2

Neon - enabled

For viper4android hifi

Driver version - 2.1.0.2

Then 100 % success.............
    Congratulations

Turn off DVC under settings/audio/advanced tweaks if you want to use it
    with poweramp

And try not to merge any other equalizer/mod wit these two (fx and hifi)
    It will distort the quality.........

Guys,, @rocky869 @GtrCraft @MameTozhio @dansou901 @nor-ric
    @Sanviz @Ghost1510 @djinn0
    Give your ears a bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adjustments I prefer .....

Viper4android hifi ---
    Headset
    Master power - on
    Audio reconstruct - enable
    Hi clarity - 60/70
    Lo contour - 30/45

Viper4android fx
    NOTE !!!first,,, change ui setting to expert under
    viper4android fx options
    Headset
    Master power - on
    Convolver - enabled
    Impulse response - sony xperia rev2 clearaudio+.irs
    Cross channel - 50/80
    Differential sound - enabled
    Delay time - 5ms/8ms/16ms/20ms
    Dynamic system - enabled
    Listening device - common earphone(v2)
    Dynamic bass - 6 %
    Tube simulator - enabled
    Fidelity control
    Enable viper bass
    Bass mode - subwoofer
    Bass frequency - 60/66 hz
    Bass boost - 14.8 db
    Enable viper clarity
    Clarity mode - xhifi/ozone+
    Clarity - default or 6.0/8.0 db
    Auditory system protection
    Cure tech+ enabled
    Binaural level - slight

Enjoy and don't forget to mention THANKS to
    @viper520 And. @zhuhang
    =======================================================================================================
    MODS==>Check Post -3
    DX dual SIM - WIP

Work In Progress .....

myONEdsx RC1.0 - preview on what you're going to have on Sense Lite with lockscreen style

Here I made a flashable zip for the system dump uploaded by @rocky869.
    Hopefully it will work and help you guys.

The boot.img inside the zip, if necessary extract it and do the "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Download : http://sourceforge.net/projects/others/files/DX/Dual SIM/T329w_2.21.707.3.zip/download
    I got that one

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

Ok.. let us know the outcome.
    If it works then I can upload a deodexed stock ROM version then later on, maybe a simple custom ROM with lockscreen animation then later a full sense ROM.
    And I'm neXus PR.... Oh whatever .....

Glad you guys got recovery to work.

Take 2 full backups.
    Keep on pc. Upload on cloud keep them handy.
    They are your lifeline