Doogee TITANS 2 DG700 Unboxing, Hands on, google play store, GPS, dual camera, batte

Search This thread

cdd3111

Nov 7, 2014
Doogee has released its flagship smartphone, Doogee Titans 2 DG700, which has the main features that it support waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof functions. Therefore, the quality can be superior than other doogee smartphones like Doogee DG800. Of course, there can't be the only highlight that it will attract numerous customers. Fortunately, we have got the real smartphone and make a nice video about the aspects like unboxing, hands on, game test, GPS test, dual camera, battery and so on. In order to let you know more about the difference among them, i will elaborate it by the following factors.
picture.php

Display and Design

When i first get the smartphone, i was deeply absorbed by the elegant and military grade design, it is light-weighing with the dimensions of 225 x 130 x 78mm and 460g. The style is totally suitable with me and due to the tri-proof function, the durability when i travel around the world, especially travel of forest is able to reveal clearly. What's more, the crocodile style with leather back is definitely customize with those travel lovers or out-door sports loves. You will also be amazed by the unique and exquisite design. As you know, tri-proof smartphones have been widely used in our daily life, the compact design with 4.5inch QHD IPS OGS screen with 960*540pixels is very convenient to bring and take. Therefore, why not have a try?

Hardware and Processor

Doogee Titans 2 DG700 has also been powered by MTK6582 Quad core 1.3GHz CPU, many users may think how good it be if it had Octa core processor, i have to mention that for a tri-proof smartphone, quad core chipset is rather highly configuration. Because so many other tri-proof smartphones have just dual core chipset. In theory, the quad core processor will be definitely faster than that of dual core. And it also comes with RAM 1GB ROM 8GB, which can be expanded to 64GB TF card. But due to the normal RAM 1GB, i don't recommend downloading too many apps considering the playing speed. In general, the overall chipset performs well.
picture.php

Dual Camera Quality

About the dual camera, i have to mention that it support 5MP back camera and interpolated to 8.0MP and 2.0MP front camera and interpolated to 5.0MP. For me, the camera is necessary to take picutures with the beautiful landscapes, people, especially keep me in the best mind about the memories i take by the magic smartphone. Moreover, the speed of taking pictures and the quality of screen color are really vivid and clear-cut with iPhone sensor.
picture.php

Tri-proof function, Waterproof IP67, Extremely ruggedized

The Doogee Titans 2 DG700 has tri-proof function with IP67 waterproof, dustproof and shockproof. Meanwhile, it can be anti-vibration, and anti-scratch, resist the low temperature. Therefore, when you travel in the jungle or mountains, it's best partner to bring. Times has changed, we need this kind of smartphone to have a nice out-door sport.

picture.php

Faster and more convenient screenshot making

The Titans2 DG700 is equipped with fast screenshot. Put 3 fingers on the screen and draw them down and you will have a screenshot in just one gesture. As we know, samsung smartphones need to touch and move the screen from right to left or left to right, then you can have the sreenshot, but Doogee DG700 make the unique innovation about the function. Just let your hand be with magic.
picture.php

Powerful Security by Guest Account

Guest account function is also the highlight that i would like to recommend, as we know, data transferring is more transparent and not safer than before, but we need the privacy. Sometimes, our friends or others lend my smartphone to view something that i am not willing to allow. Guest account plays an important role to fix the problem for me. I can save the pictures, files, video, and so on by setting guest account, then this is open for me. And my privacy can be protected well by dg700.
picture.php

Hotknot Data transferring

In general, NFC function has not been widely used, But a more powerful function like NFC is hotknot which released by Mediatek company, it's glad to know DG700 support Hotknot to share the data from one to the other by touching the screen. Therefore, there is great convenience for me to transfer the file.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smart Getures control, Smart Button

As the phone becomes more smart and advanced, we have higher requirements about it. This one has the similar smart gentures function as Galaxy Note 4. I can wave my hands to take the call or refuse the call without touching the screen. I can also draw different kinds of figures to open different kinds of apps to let me operate faster and easier.
What's more, there is a smart button which others doesn't have that can record, open the mail and do whatever i want to do.

picture.php

Fast Charging, power saving mode, durable battery

For me, i would like to use a phone with large-capacity battery, because cellphone has become our nice parnter in my daily life, i like to communicate with my friends by phone, play games by phone, search the Internet by cellphone and do other applications. If the battery is not durable, i would not choose it. Fortunately, Doogee DG700 has 4000mAh battery with long-working time. I don't have to charge it two times a day. It can be a power bank to charge other mobile device, when the power is little, it can be charged fast. More good news is that i can set it in power saving mode to store more power. This feature is the one i like most. I will never afraid of playing games with power off suddenly. It's worthwhile to let you know that it can support OTG function.

Useful LED flashlight as a torch light

In conclusion, Doogee DG700 is able to be the flagship one due to the military style, fine appearance, powerful processor and effective and convenient functions. All of them have brought practice in our daily life. This tri-proof smartphone is the really ideal one that i want most. More videos and news about the smartphone will be shared later.

Last edited:

Andrey_koftun

Nov 25, 2014
First video with test waterproof this phone

Doogee has released its flagship smartphone, Doogee Titans 2 DG700, which has the main features that it support waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof functions. Therefore, the quality can be superior than other doogee smartphones like Doogee DG800. Of course, there can't be the only highlight that it will attract numerous customers. Fortunately, we have got the real smartphone and make a nice video about the aspects like unboxing, hands on, game test, GPS test, dual camera, battery and so on. In order to let you know more about the difference among them, i will elaborate it by the following factors.
picture.php

Display and Design

When i first get the smartphone, i was deeply absorbed by the elegant and military grade design, it is light-weighing with the dimensions of 225 x 130 x 78mm and 460g. The style is totally suitable with me and due to the tri-proof function, the durability when i travel around the world, especially travel of forest is able to reveal clearly. What's more, the crocodile style with leather back is definitely customize with those travel lovers or out-door sports loves. You will also be amazed by the unique and exquisite design. As you know, tri-proof smartphones have been widely used in our daily life, the compact design with 4.5inch QHD IPS OGS screen with 960*540pixels is very convenient to bring and take. Therefore, why not have a try?

Hardware and Processor

Doogee Titans 2 DG700 has also been powered by MTK6582 Quad core 1.3GHz CPU, many users may think how good it be if it had Octa core processor, i have to mention that for a tri-proof smartphone, quad core chipset is rather highly configuration. Because so many other tri-proof smartphones have just dual core chipset. In theory, the quad core processor will be definitely faster than that of dual core. And it also comes with RAM 1GB ROM 8GB, which can be expanded to 64GB TF card. But due to the normal RAM 1GB, i don't recommend downloading too many apps considering the playing speed. In general, the overall chipset performs well.
picture.php

Dual Camera Quality

About the dual camera, i have to mention that it support 5MP back camera and interpolated to 8.0MP and 2.0MP front camera and interpolated to 5.0MP. For me, the camera is necessary to take picutures with the beautiful landscapes, people, especially keep me in the best mind about the memories i take by the magic smartphone. Moreover, the speed of taking pictures and the quality of screen color are really vivid and clear-cut with iPhone sensor.
picture.php

The Doogee Titans 2 DG700 has tri-proof function with IP67 waterproof, dustproof and shockproof. Meanwhile, it can be anti-vibration, and anti-scratch, resist the low temperature. Therefore, when you travel in the jungle or mountains, it's best partner to bring. Times has changed, we need this kind of smartphone to have a nice out-door sport.

picture.php

The Titans2 DG700 is equipped with fast screenshot. Put 3 fingers on the screen and draw them down and you will have a screenshot in just one gesture. As we know, samsung smartphones need to touch and move the screen from right to left or left to right, then you can have the sreenshot, but Doogee DG700 make the unique innovation about the function. Just let your hand be with magic.
picture.php

Guest account function is also the highlight that i would like to recommend, as we know, data transferring is more transparent and not safer than before, but we need the privacy. Sometimes, our friends or others lend my smartphone to view something that i am not willing to allow. Guest account plays an important role to fix the problem for me. I can save the pictures, files, video, and so on by setting guest account, then this is open for me. And my privacy can be protected well by dg700.
picture.php

In general, NFC function has not been widely used, But a more powerful function like NFC is hotknot which released by Mediatek company, it's glad to know DG700 support Hotknot to share the data from one to the other by touching the screen. Therefore, there is great convenience for me to transfer the file.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As the phone becomes more smart and advanced, we have higher requirements about it. This one has the similar smart gentures function as Galaxy Note 4. I can wave my hands to take the call or refuse the call without touching the screen. I can also draw different kinds of figures to open different kinds of apps to let me operate faster and easier.
What's more, there is a smart button which others doesn't have that can record, open the mail and do whatever i want to do.

picture.php

For me, i would like to use a phone with large-capacity battery, because cellphone has become our nice parnter in my daily life, i like to communicate with my friends by phone, play games by phone, search the Internet by cellphone and do other applications. If the battery is not durable, i would not choose it. Fortunately, Doogee DG700 has 4000mAh battery with long-working time. I don't have to charge it two times a day. It can be a power bank to charge other mobile device, when the power is little, it can be charged fast. More good news is that i can set it in power saving mode to store more power. This feature is the one i like most. I will never afraid of playing games with power off suddenly. It's worthwhile to let you know that it can support OTG function.

In conclusion, Doogee DG700 is able to be the flagship one due to the military style, fine appearance, powerful processor and effective and convenient functions. All of them have brought practice in our daily life. This tri-proof smartphone is the really ideal one that i want most. More videos and news about the smartphone will be shared later.

See first video with real test waterproof this phone

mitklaus

Sep 10, 2013
This one really sounds great for i am actually searching a replacement for my xperia active.
I just have two questions:
Have you tried to root it?
Is it possible to open the case and exchange the battery?

Warrenchild

May 26, 2011
Not water proof

I have had a phone I used for about a week and a half before I water tested it.

This phone is NOT water proof, however, it is a beautiful phone and is very sturdy that can hold up to almost all conditioning it is put through.

I recommend this phone!

Edit, I have used it in the shower (selfies haha) and ran it under the sink for some time. Not fully water proof, it s definitely water resistant.

Edit after edit: I have NOT been able to root this phone using following apps.
Kingroot
Kingo root
iroot

Last edited:

Annie Y

Oct 7, 2014
When does the Doogee DG700 released and where can i find a detailed review for it, please?

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Has anyone managed to root it? I have tried everything (framaroot, towelroot, iroot, vroot, kingroot, kingoroot, root genius) but nothing works.

giannis1986

Oct 31, 2010
root

hi i have the same phone and finally i root with mtk root . try it

Attachments

• Mtk-root.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,079

slakam

Jun 2, 2014
has anyone managed to get root after installing the lollipop update? I've tried many tools and no joy so far. thanks.

slakam

Jun 2, 2014
The lollipop update is great and and works flawlessly, however I can't seem to get root after updating. Has anyone done it? If root is really important for you then maybe don't upgrade for now until a rooting tool comes along for lollipop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

Display and Design

Hardware and Processor

picture.php

Dual Camera Quality

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

How is the batterytime on this advice? Screen-on time? battery with gps on?

I find it very bad. I don't know if it's the new Android Lollipop or how Doogee adapted Android, but with my old Cubot P5 and a 2200mAH battery, a 2 hours movie took 20% of charge in airplane mode while with this one, it takes around 25-30% with a 4000mAH battery.

It might just be because we cannot root this phone and cannot have DS battery saver, Greenify, XPosed to remove booting applications
    Is possible to install custom recovery on this phone?

So far if it's possible, nobody here knows how to..

I tried recoveries from other phones, or generic MTK6582 but nothing worked for anyone. Believe me we all desperatly want it because it would make it possible to install xposed and all the precious modules. Nothing so far however. If you find a way, please do tell us.
    i got a dg700 and want to connect to TV via HDMI or any other method except chromecast. which cables are suitable for this action? MHL cable that i bought didnt work because i found out later that MHL is not supported on dg700. what is the OFFICIAL method for connecting dg700 to a HDTV? and if there is one plz give me the link or specifications to buy this cable/adapter or whatever is emoticon grin necessary for it...thank you
    Use adapter Miracast.
    Hi there, i've tried about anithing, all kind of drivers, os SPM versions, there is no way that my win7 x86 laptop can fully detect my dg700 that i received a week ago! Can anyone please help me, i dont know what else to do in order to sucefully make my phone detectable and upgrade to lollipop!

Best regards

Don't know if it helps but here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61917308&postcount=70 we have the latest build from Doogee with Lollipop.
    I've flashed it with the SP Flash Tool from Doogee (although one can find newer versions of this program on the internet) which you can find on their website http://www.doogee.cc/servicexiazai_detail/newsId=184.html - direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-eEVUUoOlT4QzZwZE54LTVFWms/edit

Instructions on how to flash your phone are found in the mentioned thread as well, its really simple. Fire up the SP Flash Tool, load the scatter file from the latest build, select Download only from the dropdown field and hit the Download button with the green arrow.
    Only then insert your turned off phone (better make sure its really turned of by removing the battery). If the phone goes to USB charge mode, remove the battery and try it again. SP Flash Tools should find your phone and start flashing the new firmware. When its done, plug out the cable and turn on the phone. First start takes a good while before you can use the phone.
    But as always - please read thoroughly through the complete thread first and and remember you're doing this at your own risk! :)