[THINK TANK] HTC Sense 3.0 on Galaxy Tab .Update HTC Flyer Dump is OUT !

Search This thread

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
Update

OK so i have decided to **try** and port sense 3.0 from the htc sensation , until the htc flyer dump appears, it should be easier for resolution as the htc sesnsation res is higher, I have contacted a couple of devs to help out and i'm making this thread an official think tank, meaning this will be a community project , so everyone is welcome to join in.

I will update first post with link to htc sensation dump , and other stuff :D

Reactions: anderin

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Very excited about this now :D Hopefully HTC will be kind enough to leak a HTC Flyer dump for us ;)

Sent from inside a whale.

TheReaperUK

Mar 9, 2008
London
I must say that i do love htc sense but to port an htc rom over to the tab is going to be one of the hardest things to ever do.

What we really need is a very good programmer to build one very good launcher, something that is ment for tablets and not phones, something with style and 3D graphics oh and themeable too, i think you get where i'm going here.

Yes there are lots of launcher out there but all really designed for phones, we need someone to come away from the adw launcher and launcher pro idea and reinvent the launcher just for tabs.

And before someone points it out i know about VTL Launcher and again its just adw launcher, the idea is there but its still missing a lot of features which to be honest might be because of the adw source code its based on.

Just my 2 cents.

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
And other apps (music, browser etc) id waid for the flyer ron dump though. then this only issue will be that the flyer has gingerbread (same Res screen)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
Well basically if we get gingerbread it will be much easier to port over as we will have some sort of kernel source to build upon.

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
Little Update

So i ve contacted a few other people about this project , trying to get a hold of TeamGalaxySense as they seem to be working on gettin a full port on galaxy devices.

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
So i ve contacted a few other people about this project , trying to get a hold of TeamGalaxySense as they seem to be working on gettin a full port on galaxy devices.

There is a sense port for the nexus s [samsung device, same basic hardware as our tabs]

The port is also being transfered to the i900. It would be a great place to start.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Bobboman

May 13, 2010
I'd love to see this for the VZW tab, but i doubt it would happen, much like Odin files for the stock bloated Tab

sys73r

Mar 29, 2011
It is worth to mention that in the meantime you can install a HTCsense theme for LauncherPro that works *pretty* much the same as HTC sense itself. it think the mod is called "LauncherPro.SenseMod.1.4.1"

hope this helps

Bobboman

May 13, 2010
OK so i have decided to **try** and port sense 3.0 from the htc sensation , until the htc flyer dump appears, it should be easier for resolution as the htc sesnsation res is higher, I have contacted a couple of devs to help out and i'm making this thread an official think tank, meaning this will be a community project , so everyone is welcome to join in.

its gonna be a chore and always incomplete, if i recall correctly Jamezelle tried to port sense to the motorola droid, it was a workable port, again if i recall correctly but it was hardly a daily driver, and was fun to play around with(and lead to me "buying" the incredible

edit:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=741123

yea in the end i remember why i never used it, he couldn't get data working...but good luck man

Last edited:

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
^ the port into the nexus s should be possible as most of the hardware is the same as our tabs.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
HTC Flyer Dump is Out !

So the HTC Flyer Dump has been leaked here is a link to download it :

http://911sniper.blog.163.com/blog/static/14290088120113282336926/

I believe its a ruu file, so we must figure out how to get the actual files out of it, but i think its easy to do.

So I have no idea where to start here, but hopefully I can get a few people to help : )

EDIT: Downloaded the RUU took about 2 hours, its 510MB , gonna try and get the core files re-package it , and upload it to a website.

EDIT 2: Got the core files all the files include:

-boot_signed.img
-dzdata_4g.img
-dzdata_16g.img
-dzdata_32g.img
-hboot_1.07.0000_421.img
-microp.img
-radio.img
-rcdata.img
-recovery_signed.img
-splash1.nb0
-system.img

Gonna do some exploring : )

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love sense so I really would love to get a port working :D

So I looked around and found a couple threads that have some sort of Sense working on Galaxy S devices, which are quite similar to our tabs, threads here:

MAIN GOAL

HTC FLYER ROM Port

DOWNLOAD DUMP HERE: http://911sniper.blog.163.com/blog/static/14290088120113282336926/

or here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H3JA41CW

I understand this wont be a walk in the park, but thats why its a think tank so everyone can help! Anyways this is XDA anything is possible : P

Ya so just post your opinions about what you think :D
    If we get a Flyer port, I will happily donate a kidney to whoever ported it.

Sent from inside a whale.
    I can offer Graphic Re-Design Services / As Well as Testing on my Sprint Galaxy Tab. By graphic re-design services, I mean if anything doesn't fit or isnt rendering correctly, I will able to re-do it to correct size or even customize it, Just contact me pm!

Thanks,
    D3luSi0n4L
    Update

The flyer build and other sense builds both do not like the egl screen res of the tab and crash the system on boot before bootanimation etc.

Have you try messing around with the m10 files in sense. I'm pretty sure that's is where you can adjust resolution. There are several tools out there to decompile m10 files as well.