[Q] bing 5.1.2010.6280 not working anymore?

Search This thread

hammerjr

Feb 27, 2010
have been running this version of bing since it came out and loved it. now keep getting message "sorry we couldn't find this location" or " we were unable to generate your route. try again?" same thing on wifes phone too. tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same thing. any ideas? if I just use locate me, it shows me on map and tracks me fine. no recent changes to our phones. is microsoft somehow not supporting this anymore?

mods, if this thread is in wrong place can you move it? I don't understand message I get about no questions in this forum? I have posted them in past?

dannybill

Dec 13, 2007
WM 6.5 and Bing 5.1.2010.6280

I have same problem as previous poster - Bing can locate my current position but cannot locate any other position so navigation is unavailable.

Timing of this seems to be about when Microsoft dropped Windows marketplace for WM6.5 devices.

Are there any alternatives that provide turn-by-turn GPS navigation on WM6.5 devices? Any fixes for Bing?

Or is it time to move on to Windows Phone 7? If so I Will have to drop Verizon as they have no hardware selection, AT&T has some good stuff. Or maybe Android or iPhone...

hammerjr

Feb 27, 2010
oK, found this info from a thread on another forum.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc966764.aspx[/url]

this is the problem. was hoping someone could come up with fix? there is topic on migrating from tokens to keys, but it is code. since this is microsoft app, I guess they would have to rewrite the code. considering they turned their back on us win mo 6.5 users (stopped my phone service, stopping marketplace, now switching this bing) I doubt they will do it. Hoping someone else could?

dannybill

Dec 13, 2007
bing wm6.5 gps fail

When I Google "bing wm6.5 gps fail" these posts above are top result, when I Bing it, nada.

Anyway, looking into the Bing config file I see a couple of interesting keys:

<add key="SearchPublicKeyUrl" value="http colon slash slash api.m.bing.net/SearchService/Search.svc/publickey" />

<add key="LocationServiceUrl" value="http colon slash slash api.m.bing.net/locateMeservice/locatemeservice.svc" />

Following the url to the locate me service appears to be an active service.

The url to search service indicates "Metadata publishing for this service is currently disabled."

The foregoing may be why my Bing on my WM 6.5 phone can locate me but find nothing else so navigation is effectively disabled.

911 and the Government/police can still track me tho...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
this totally sucks! bing was a huge reason i am able to stick with a touch pro 2. now? why not just go to a dumbphone? or do i have to spend a good amount of money for something like copilot 8?

either way, major bummer