[Q] Exchanging unlocked (bootloader) GPE device... Anything I need to do?

Search This thread

evinkay

Jul 6, 2011
Miami
I'm exchanging my GPE LG G Pad because of some screen light bleeding (I hear this isn't uncommon with LG displays) Thing is, my bootloader is unlocked and my device is rooted...Is there anything I should do before sending it back? If so, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks XDA!

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I'm exchanging my GPE LG G Pad because of some screen light bleeding (I hear this isn't uncommon with LG displays) Thing is, my bootloader is unlocked and my device is rooted...Is there anything I should do before sending it back? If so, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks XDA!

If it is a warranty replacement from LG, and you have a custom recovery, I would start by flashing the stock recovery.img via fastboot. Then I would unroot it (unroot option in SuperSU app). And finally I would relock the bootloader.

evinkay

Jul 6, 2011
Miami
If it is a warranty replacement from LG, and you have a custom recovery, I would start by flashing the stock recovery.img via fastboot. Then I would unroot it (unroot option in SuperSU app). And finally I would relock the bootloader.

Thanks for the advice. I should be able to flash the stock recovery and unroot it but how would I reload the bootloader?

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

evinkay

Jul 6, 2011
Miami
Will definitely try this today or tomorrow. First need to find the stock recovery

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

evinkay

Jul 6, 2011
Miami
So I ended up just using the flashify app (awesome app btw) to flash the recovery and adb command to lock the bootloader. Afterwards I just unrooted it in SuperSU. All in all, super easy.

Reactions: cam30era

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I ended up just using the flashify app (awesome app btw) to flash the recovery and adb command to lock the bootloader. Afterwards I just unrooted it in SuperSU. All in all, super easy.