[Q] Replacing the stock calendar app with default android calendar

Search This thread

Neo Cortex

Aug 10, 2008
I just solved it. I copied the new files into /system/app using Root Explorer and when I installed them from there it worked. I then deleted the files from /system/app. Don't know why they installed from there but not from sd card.

rofled

Nov 2, 2010
Edit: No worries, was working after reboot...

OK, I managed to replace the Calendar with the stock one, thanks also to loger8's detailed insructions, but there's still one problem remaining:

Before I replaced the calendar, Retro Date Widget on my home screen launched the calendar when tapped, this is now broken, nothing happen when I tap it. Did anyone else experience this? Is there a solution to make this work again? I kinda like to be able to quickly access the calendar from home screen...

Bye, rofled!

Last edited:

unions8

Mar 25, 2011
Praha
Please help! I did everything till uninstalling alll three apps. But I can't install the two applications... It says "applications weren't installed! and if I try to copy them to the system/app, it says there's not enough free space. What's wrong. Thanx in advance, guys.
BTW thanx anyway for your effort here,

Stepaan

EDIT: Strange. The second day it worked. Instead of installing the two new applications, I simply copied them to system/app, RESTARTED (it didn't work without restarting the phone) and then installed from the final destination. Et voila...

Last edited:

epoxy404

Feb 14, 2011
Please help! I did everything till uninstalling alll three apps. But I can't install the two applications... It says "applications weren't installed! and if I try to copy them to the system/app, it says there's not enough free space. What's wrong. Thanx in advance, guys.
BTW thanx anyway for your effort here,

Stepaan

EDIT: Strange. The second day it worked. Instead of installing the two new applications, I simply copied them to system/app, RESTARTED (it didn't work without restarting the phone) and then installed from the final destination. Et voila...

----------

Hello!

I tried everything you said, but I still have the "applications weren't installed"-problem.
Did you do anything else that you didnt mention?

Petrus44

Mar 31, 2011
Moto G 5G Plus
Thanks

Thanks guys! This thing has been driving me crazy. I live and die by my calendar and this works PERFECTLY!

No more duplicated notifications. I can now snooze notifications and actually do things that I could on my old Nokia E62.

THANK YOU!

moedjs

Mar 12, 2011
----------

Hello!

I tried everything you said, but I still have the "applications weren't installed"-problem.
Did you do anything else that you didnt mention?

OK, here's what I did, and it worked:
1. Run Titanium Backup
2. Tab to Backup/Restore wait for it to completely load all applications
3. Now filter the list with "calend" (no quotes)
4. You will get 3 apps, now backup those 3 apps, and then uninstall them in TB
5. RESTART your phone, this is important!!!
6. Now go to setting > applications > manage applications
7. Search for apps that has "calendar" in the name, you'll see those apps are 0,0 KB in size (there are 3 or 4 of them, I almost forgot) > click on them and uninstall
8. Now, you install two apps from the attachment on 2nd post of the thread, using root explorer is what I did
9. Done

Reactions: daystocome

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
Anyone tested this with calengoo? the notifications on the experia calendar is driving me nuts...

3 all day notifications events keep popping up again and again.

edit.. just replaced the xperia calendar with this one before i threw the phone out the window. It asked for persmissions and got synced.

Using calengoo, so disabled notifications.

Last edited:

sasa931

Mar 25, 2011
Ok, i'll try to explain how i did it:
1. Put the Calendar.apk and the CalendarProvider.apk in the sd
2. Open root explorer, go into r/w mode and get into /system/app. Here there are 3 apks that yoy are interested in: SemcCalendar, SemcCalendarVanilla (or somthing like that) and CalendarProvider.
3. Use multiselect to move or copy them to /data/app (move always said to be better).
4. Whatever you did, you will see that the 3 apks are still in system/app. DELETE THEM.
5. Restart your phone.
6. Get into some applications manager (not titanium) and uninstall Calendar and Calendar Storage, which are now visible like any other downloaded app.
7. Install the apks in your sd card with astro or whatever. you have to install BOTH apks.
8. Enjoy your new calendar!!! :)

Sent from my E10i using XDA App

Hi I did all of this but i can't install the new calendar... I tried with rootexplorer and with es file browser, the error is "application not installed" what can I do??

Edit: I also tried what is written in the post #68... the sony ericsson stock calendar is uninstalled but i can't install

EDIT: SOLVED! :D (i forgot to uninstall com.sonyericsson.calendar...)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, i'll try to explain how i did it:
    1. Put the Calendar.apk and the CalendarProvider.apk in the sd
    2. Open root explorer, go into r/w mode and get into /system/app. Here there are 3 apks that yoy are interested in: SemcCalendar, SemcCalendarVanilla (or somthing like that) and CalendarProvider.
    3. Use multiselect to move or copy them to /data/app (move always said to be better).
    4. Whatever you did, you will see that the 3 apks are still in system/app. DELETE THEM.
    5. Restart your phone.
    6. Get into some applications manager (not titanium) and uninstall Calendar and Calendar Storage, which are now visible like any other downloaded app.
    7. Install the apks in your sd card with astro or whatever. you have to install BOTH apks.
    8. Enjoy your new calendar!!! :)

Sent from my E10i using XDA App
    I finally figured out how to do this...

You will need a rooted device, adb installed on your computer, and the stock calendar application, attached here.

On your phone uninstall Calendar and CalendarProvider. Using Titanium Backup or some other app makes it easier.

Then go to phone Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications and delete:
    • com.android.calendar
    • com.android.calendarprovider

Connect the phone to you computer in debug mode and launch a terminal.
    • adb install /pathToFile/CalendarProvider.apk
    • adb install /pathToFile/Calendar.apk

You're done
    Now it works

Hi!. Now Sync it's working for me!!. Here is how i did it.

When you install the 2 apps attached in this post, are installed in /data/app. I move these 2 files "calendar.apk" and "calendarprovider.apk" from /data/app to system/app with rootexplorer, Restart the phone, and that's it, now sync it's working great!!
    Sony Ericsson includes a custom calendar application with its' Android phones and it is extremely limited, ugly, and slow.
    I found the default Calendar.apk for Android and ran it on my phone, but all I got was "Installation not successful"

How can I run an apk as root from the phone?

Cheers
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE] on my mini (not pro). Now my calendar is broken :(

Yup. That's exactly what happened with me, too. I copied back the SE calendar apps to /system/app and chmod'd them to 644 and rebooted, and got the SE calendar back. If you didn't back those up first, there's a copy of all the system apps on the forum somewhere.

(I deleted everything with "calendar" in the name from the /system/app folder, along with the corresponding data from /data/data/, rebooted, and tried installing the supplied apks, from adb, via a file manager, and by directly copying to /system/app/ and none worked.

I ran into the same error. i fixed it by rebooting and then going back into the applications manager and I removed the 3 coms that now showed up in the list. Once i removed those, the apks installed without a hitch. So move the apks, uninstall them, reboot and double check to make sure there is nothing in the applications manager that you can uninstall (com.android.calendar etc.) and then install the new apks.

Best of luck!