[Q] Google Books Storage Location

Search This thread

StirCwazy

Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone know the location of an eBook once you tell it to make it available offline?

Or

I've got some eBooks that I would like to make available to the Books app on the XOOM, where do I put them?

madpoet

Mar 30, 2010
Vernon
You beat me to it, I was just wondering the same. I have several thousand books I would like to be able to drop in.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
They are In the data/data folder...in the google.books folder...don't have my xoom at work, so can't give you the hole name.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tinpusher

Jan 1, 2007
D.C.
Data/Data/com.google.android.apps.books/

It appears to be a proprietary book format, but I don't know enough about it for sure.

Each book is split up into many different files. I've transfered it to my computer to investigate it further, but I've had no luck.

I went looking when I first got the Xoom because I wanted to put my book collection in there.

Someone smarter than me will have to figure out how to do that!

Last edited:

StirCwazy

Jul 14, 2008
The only alternative I've found so far is using Aldiko (ebook reader from the Market). You store the eBooks on the XOOM and import them into the app. I would prefer to use Google Books however.

madpoet

Mar 30, 2010
Vernon
That's incredibly frustrating. Even iBooks allows you to add your own epub. If Google Book a can't that's a huge setback for me. I read a couple hours a day on my tablet.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

huzz

Apr 1, 2005
AlAin
*BUMP* Anything new discovered? It sucks that we need another application and can't use the built in for reading ebooks. I love how books lets you turn pages.

vidriera

Jul 22, 2010
*BUMP* Anything new discovered? It sucks that we need another application and can't use the built in for reading ebooks. I love how books lets you turn pages.

The nook app has a very similar page turn animation and I think the app in general looks better on honeycomb than both kindle and google books. Maybe give that one a try!

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
Nook is only available to US users (and maybe certain other countries, but I'm not sure). People outside of US can't download nook. You have to find a way to sideload it to your Xoom if you are not in the US.

And Nook has problems displaying book covers from my own epubs. So I'm sticking to Kindle but converting to mobi format may be a hassle to some.

gmacf33

Jan 20, 2011
How did you manage to successfully import your mobi files to Kindle?

I have tried copying the files to the SD card location which makes them appear in the app but the app crashes when I try to open them. I have also tried opening them with the Kindle app from my file manager. Again, this was unsuccessful.

Thanks for your help in advance!

X 0 M0RF

Nov 11, 2012
iReader?

How did you manage to successfully import your mobi files to Kindle?

I have tried copying the files to the SD card location which makes them appear in the app but the app crashes when I try to open them. I have also tried opening them with the Kindle app from my file manager. Again, this was unsuccessful.

Thanks for your help in advance!

have u guys tried iReader?

awesomely free!

MMZ Thumper

Sep 2, 2014
Peoria
I know its been awhile since this was last commented honest and maybe Google has updated Play Books since the last comments, regardless im pretty sure that it now doesnt matter where you get your digital content. Play Books will permit you to upload them and read across multiple devices. I have a fairly decent collection and i go back and forth between my Note III & Note VIII. If the book that you want to read isnt on the particular device that your using, Play Books downloads it. I have been unsuccessful in finding the default directory for the appand it was that very question that brought me to this post. :good: