kexec bootloader bypass

Search This thread

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
User Kholk says he has a working bootloader bypass for the GSM razr, which basically allows him to run a unsigned kernel on the razr, which has a locked bootloader, it works, but still loading the motorola bootloader and kernel, but after booting the stock bl and kernel, it bypasses them and boots again in a unsigned custom kernel. here is the razr thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1519448 and here is a thread about talks of porting it to the droid 3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594406&page=3 . if they port it to the droid 3 id say there is a good chance it could be ported to the atrix 2 and other similar moto devices.

This basically wont be much different that having a fully unlocked bootloader XD and will lead to easier AOSP based rom development, and of course allow for custom kernels to be loaded :D!!!

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
We already have e memebr here that is working on the port and as soon as he gets permission will get it to us :D

Reactions: bpear96

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
We already have e memebr here that is working on the port and as soon as he gets permission will get it to us :D

Sweetness, finally stupid moto locked bootloaders D: . maybe we will see fully working CM9 soon or atleast cm7 :D.

Oh and btw is there anyone with a working safestrap setup on the atrix 2 who would be willing to test my cm9 build? I dont have access to a atrix 2 atm to test my self.

Reactions: daavvis

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012

I'm not being rude I swear I'm just wondering why only one person can can work this port at a time, isn't it kinda the more minds the faster it goes? I'm sure there is some red tape or a good decent reason I'm just curious...

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
I wasn't saying you couldnt work on it, I was just stating that we have a memeber here who has been working on it and probably has it ready to release, he is just waiting for Kholk to release it and word that he can relaease it.
Just trying to save some of you some time, thats all

Reactions: mlts22 and daavvis

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
I wasn't saying you couldnt work on it, I was just stating that we have a memeber here who has been working on it and probably has it ready to release, he is just waiting for Kholk to release it and word that he can relaease it.

Kholk released it today, for razr, but cpu1 (2nd core) still isnt working, but its something XD

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012

Oh OK I see I was just making sure it wasn't rude to try on my own... thank u :)

sugwacee

Dec 23, 2010
does it mean:
compile a kexec module and install it after booted, and change kernel while system running. is this right?

eviljonny1

Apr 15, 2011
How long???

I have 15 days left before I can return my Atrix 2. I truly despise this POS device because of the lack of an open bootloader. That is my fault for not checking on here before I bought it. My questions is, should I just return it or is an unlocked bootloader on the horizon, (3 weeks or so. Heh heh). Thanks. :confused:

I have 15 days left before I can return my Atrix 2. I truly despise this POS device because of the lack of an open bootloader. That is my fault for not checking on here before I bought it. My questions is, should I just return it or is an unlocked bootloader on the horizon, (3 weeks or so. Heh heh). Thanks. :confused:

As far as the bootloader goes we'll call it even odds on being unlocked eventually. However I have spoken with the developer working on kexec for the A2 and it is nearly ready. He's just got a couple of issues to work out before releasing it to everyone. Don't give up a2 owners,hope is on the horizon!

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
As far as the bootloader goes we'll call it even odds on being unlocked eventually. However I have spoken with the developer working on kexec for the A2 and it is nearly ready. He's just got a couple of issues to work out before releasing it to everyone. Don't give up a2 owners,hope is on the horizon!

Yeah don't give up hope!! We will have a bootloader bypass, and ICS/CM9 soon enough!

Reactions: mlts22

eviljonny1

Apr 15, 2011
Ok, ok, you guys convinced me. :) I want so badly to have my A2 working like my A1 was. So bummed I dropped it. Don't drink and text, kids!

hankbizzo5

Nov 13, 2008
Ct,Eastern
Am I beating a dead horse..... This seems to be the answer same bootloader as raz should be able to get something going.....

nolena2

May 3, 2012
WICHITA
Hey bpear what do you mean safestrap system? And great job on rebal rom.I flashed it on my Atrix 2 and my gf,brother, and friends exhibit 2

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
Hey bpear what do you mean safestrap system? And great job on rebal rom.I flashed it on my Atrix 2 and my gf,brother, and friends exhibit 2

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Im pretty sure bpear's mom indefinitely restricted him from her A2 lol ;)

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
If you take a look in the bootloader unlock thread, I posted a link to grab the one Kholk released. I worked on this for months, and tested it and compiled and worked with these guys and on my own.... But Kholk has released it, and it has been tested and it is working, but we now need a kernel. I am working on releasing my CM7 kernel and build here very soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you take a look in the bootloader unlock thread, I posted a link to grab the one Kholk released. I worked on this for months, and tested it and compiled and worked with these guys and on my own.... But Kholk has released it, and it has been tested and it is working, but we now need a kernel. I am working on releasing my CM7 kernel and build here very soon.
    User Kholk says he has a working bootloader bypass for the GSM razr, which basically allows him to run a unsigned kernel on the razr, which has a locked bootloader, it works, but still loading the motorola bootloader and kernel, but after booting the stock bl and kernel, it bypasses them and boots again in a unsigned custom kernel. here is the razr thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1519448 and here is a thread about talks of porting it to the droid 3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594406&page=3 . if they port it to the droid 3 id say there is a good chance it could be ported to the atrix 2 and other similar moto devices.

This basically wont be much different that having a fully unlocked bootloader XD and will lead to easier AOSP based rom development, and of course allow for custom kernels to be loaded :D!!!