Guide - Installing Firmware, CWM recovery & Rooting

Search This thread

VieledStone

Sep 1, 2012
Osnabrück
Triangle Away on Note 10.1 wifi

Hi
I have a Galaxy note 10.1 Wifi on lastet OTA Update (XXMA8) German Stockrom.
Today I rooted it through CF Auto Root method.. Works good!
Now i want to have root and also use Allshare cast..
i searched for it and one solution is the Triangle Away to get the flashcounter back to zero and the official status back.
or have anybody an other solution?

My question is : works the Triangle Away on lastet firmware or does it brick my tablet?
Have anyone also a note 10.1 wifi on lastet update and used succesfully the Triangle Away after root ?

Sorry for bad english..

VieledStone

Sep 1, 2012
Osnabrück
Now after two day ..
I checked now every day the status of my note
Yesterday : odin mode :binary no and official status systemstatus:eek:fficial
Today: odin mode : binary no and official status systemstatus : custom

I flashed cf auto root via odin after that flashcounter show not an increase it stay s on : no und official
So i didn t need the triangleway ;)

saharhakal

Feb 12, 2013
Freedom prog is not working after root and omega rom any help?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

brujitosinc

Mar 3, 2013
Hello
- First, thank you for this thread
- Second, my English is very bad, so I will try to make understand the possible best thing

I have a Tablet with the following characteristics:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Model Nº: GT-8013
Android: 4.1.2
Kernel: 3.0.31-813049
se.infra@SEP-80 #1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 9 23:01:59 KST 2013
Compilation: JZO54K.N8013UEUCMA3

I want to know what is the best way of doing only root to the tablet

And I want to do only root to be able uninstall certain applications that I do not like and to be able to install or to move applications to the external card

Thanks
:good::good:

Last edited:

Andy847

Oct 5, 2012
Hello
- First, thank you for this thread
- Second, my English is very bad, so I will try to make understand the possible best thing

I have a Tablet with the following characteristics:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Model Nº: GT-8013
Android: 4.1.2
Kernel: 3.0.31-813049
se.infra@SEP-80 #1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 9 23:01:59 KST 2013
Compilation: JZO54K.N8013UEUCMA3

I want to know what is the best way of doing only root to the tablet

And I want to do only root to be able uninstall certain applications that I do not like and to be able to install or to move applications to the external card

Thanks
:good::good:

I used CF Auto Root and flashed it using Odin. I'm a newb to rooting and did it twice and was very easy. I have the same Model as you, the GT-8013 with Jelly Bean.
Here is the thread on how to do it. Just make sure you get the correct file for your device.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957002

Reactions: brujitosinc

brujitosinc

Mar 3, 2013
I used CF Auto Root and flashed it using Odin. I'm a newb to rooting and did it twice and was very easy. I have the same Model as you, the GT-8013 with Jelly Bean.
Here is the thread on how to do it. Just make sure you get the correct file for your device.
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1957002

Andy847 :p:p:p

And how I do the support of the tablet and his installed programs ??? because I didn't internet conection

Andy847

Oct 5, 2012
I've never done a the root without my Computer at home and connecting the tablet to the computer to run Odin and flash the CF-Auto Root to my Galaxy Note Tablet. I know there is a Mobile Odin app you can get from the Google Play Store, but I think it costs some money for that app. When you have an Internet connection, try downloading the files you need and go from there.You should still be able to Root just using your Tablet.
1. CF-Auto Root
2. Mobile Odin App

brujitosinc

Mar 3, 2013
I've never done a the root without my Computer at home and connecting the tablet to the computer to run Odin and flash the CF-Auto Root to my Galaxy Note Tablet. I know there is a Mobile Odin app you can get from the Google Play Store, but I think it costs some money for that app. When you have an Internet connection, try downloading the files you need and go from there.You should still be able to Root just using your Tablet.
1. CF-Auto Root
2. Mobile Odin App

Andy847, I think that you did not understand me. I did the download of all the necessary files to do the 'root' found in the different forums and threads (Odin, Superuser, autoroot, etc). Also that the changes must do to themselves connecting the tablet to the PC.
The problem is that I cannot, or I do not know, to do the support of the installed programs, files and configurations of the tablet, as precaution before realizing some change in the same one.
And this is my question, How I can do the support of the tablet?

Andy847

Oct 5, 2012
Andy847, I think that you did not understand me. I did the download of all the necessary files to do the 'root' found in the different forums and threads (Odin, Superuser, autoroot, etc). Also that the changes must do to themselves connecting the tablet to the PC.
The problem is that I cannot, or I do not know, to do the support of the installed programs, files and configurations of the tablet, as precaution before realizing some change in the same one.
And this is my question, How I can do the support of the tablet?

I think what you are asking is how to Backup your files, data, and configuration of the tablet. If that is what you're asking, I'm not quite sure how to do it, as I never stayed rooted. I know there is an App called Titanium Backup which you have to be Rooted to use. That should be able to backup your apps, data, and not sure about the configuration of the tablet. I've never used it, but have read a lot of people use it and like it. After I unrooted, I always had to do a factory reset and wipe my data, which took awhile each time to get everything back to normal and set up my tablet the way I had it again. Titanium Backup is suppose to make it so you don't have to do that.
I did use an app called My Backup Pro, which backed up some, not all, but some of my apps and data. Titanium Backup I think is your best bet though. It's in the Play Store and you have to be rooted to use it. Hope that helps.

edmund5

Mar 5, 2013
Guys I need you help. I cant be bothered after 3h of doing this...
So trying to downgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.0.4, got odin, firmware, kies.
1. when tab connected it is not recognised by kies.
2. it is not recognised by odin

Installed drivers by troubleshooting in kies, restarted pc, read forums and stuff.. no answer.
kies - newest version, it connects fine with wireless connection.
It does charge when plugged in

I am stuck in downloading,do not turn off target, im not sure if this is the place im supposed to be
help..

Last edited:

basilberi

Mar 8, 2013
samsung galaxy note10.1

"not enough space on the partition/system. free up 6 MB of disk space in/ system and try again" what this mean, and how can free up 6 MB of disc, please someone explain, thanks

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
need help/ideas/assistance

"not enough space on the partition/system. free up 6 MB of disk space in/ system and try again" what this mean, and how can free up 6 MB of disc, please someone explain, thanks

im reflashing 4.1.2 for the 8013 model because it froze and crashed for some reason when peel remote app was updating. the tablet performance has been flawless up until this point., so i followed your instructions on downloading Odin and proper firmware. made sure to unzip file with proper extension. my Odin recognized the tablet. i loaded the OS like in your OP. then it started doing its thing in the message box.

im all the way at the "NAND Write Start" now. it seems like its been hanging there for the longest time now. nowhere near 10mins. like you said in op..lol its been on this for over an hour. im not getting any error messages or anything. oh n yes my tablet is in the recovery mode for downloading. im not sure if its this laptop thats not that powerful and therefore it takes alot longer. but im wondering if it hangs for too much longer can i just unplug it and retry.

its just so weird how a simple app update of peel remote app has caused my tab to not boot past Galaxy Note 10.1 screen. my tab is purely stock. Never been unlocked or rooted. Any ideas on what might have happened? i did nothing out the ordinary. had browser open with a few tabs and then i saw peel remote app updating(which was strange because it just updated previously a few days before). next thing i know, tablet freezes up and reboots. then never gets past first boot screen.

Kies wont even recognize it in regular mode. if i put it in download mode, kies tries to recognize it but hangs on connecting. so thats where i came to try this ODIN method. i really hope this method works. if not, ill be giving samsung a call since im still under my 1yr. manufacturer warranty.

update: i ended up unplugging it. it told me failed on ODIN once i did that. so i guess it was actually doing something..lol but damn, over 2 hrs. and it didnt write the Nand yet. when i tried to reboot device, it tells me firmware upgrade failed and to go back into Kies and put into recovery mode. so i just put tablet back into Download recovery mode. then i restarted the ODIN process. its back at Writing NAND again. hopefully it wont take as long. ill just leave it on. i guess this laptop or whatever writes slow as a mofo to the tablet as the file is like 1.4-1.5gb. if its not done by midnight or the morning, im calling warranty service. hopefully the tablet wont go dead during this long process.

Last edited:

m11ggas

Oct 12, 2011
Hello guys i need some advise regarding installing apk files on a sd card.
I have a galaxy note 10.1 running jellybean. I bought a sandisk 32GB sd card formated it in the note 10.1 and made an android folder,within the android folder a data folder and also a obb folder. When i load the files in the correct folder and then instal and run the apk file why does the game not work? The tablet is not rooted. I set the tablet to read from the ext sd card but for some reason it wong work. Please help many regards in advance.

NickLuff

Jan 3, 2013
Note 10.1 GT-N8010

Hi, I'm running the Perseus Kernel on my Note 2 GT-7100 with a stock ROM so I can use the InternaSD2ExternalSD workaround to spoof the phone into thinking my 32 gig SD card is internal memory. It's working really well but I'm now running out of space on my Note 10.1 GT-N8010 and I was wondering if it's either possible to use the Note 2 kernel on the Note 10.1 or if there is a 10.1 specific version of the kernel? If not, is there an alternative kernel that I could install to let me use the workaround?

Many thanks.

notexactly

Mar 22, 2013
Hi,
I have a GT-N8010, stock 4.1.2 and I've been trying in vain to root it or otherwise install CWM with the intention of installing a custom ROM. I must have tried nearly every method on the internet, but they all have failed.
In particular, any one involving ODIN always fails in the same way: by stopping at the "Get PIT for mapping.." stage and never advancing from there. ODIN does not crash, the progress just stops. Leaving it like this achieves nothing. My attempts with heimdall, by following the instructions on the wiki to the letter, were no better - the error there being "claiming interface failed" after entering exactly the command into the terminal.
Is there any help for me here?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting & Installing CWM Recovery

Rooting

Method 1

The easiest way of rooting is by downloading and installing the exynos from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

Install the APK on your device

Run the APK

2013_01_04_00_37_03.jpg

Click on Root Device

Your device is Rooted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method Two

You will need the following things before you install the firmware

CWM for Note - Attached DO NOT EXTRACT(Have not tried this particular one on any other version except N8000)

Odin - Download for here http://androidfirms.in/tools.html

SuperSU - Attached
    Copy SuperSU to SD Card (Internal or External)

Note drivers - Should be installed with Kies (Make sure you exit kies before proceeding further)

notevolpow.jpg

Please enter Download mode on your tablet by pressing Power+Volume down button until you get the download mode screen as show below

howto_root_galaxynote101_3_690x361.jpg

Once you enter download mode this what you should see on the tablet please press volume up and ignore the warning

Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable
    Make Sure your device is sufficiently charged
    Make sure all drivers are install correctly
    Exit Kies

Extract all the file in the Odin archive if they are zipped

Run_Odin.jpg

Run Odin by clicking on the exe file as show above

odin.jpg

If all drivers are correctly install it should be detected by Odin in ID Com

Click on PDA it will open file select menu and select the .tar file (CWM file attached should have extention .tar) by going to the location from where you saved it.

cwm.jpg

Make Sure you un-check Auto Reboot button in Odin

Once the file is loaded, press the start button.

Once the process in completed it show PASS but device will not restart.

Do not restart the device in normal mode but in recovery Mode

Press Power+Volume UP button till you see the GT-N8000 logo then leave power button but do not release the volume up button until it boots into recovery mode thats CWM

Scroll down to Install zip from SDcard

Select SD card if supersu is stored on the internal SD card or external SD if supersu is stored on external card

Once you select it will give a warning message, select yes to proceed installing super su

Once you are done you can go back to main menu and reboot (It may give you message which will disable device from installing stock recovery after you reboot select yes)

Reboot device.

Run SuperSu from applications

Congratulations you have done installing CWM recovery and rooting your device!!!!!!

Warning - Installing CWM will increase your binary count (Next tutorial will teach you how to reset it)

Method 3

Download CF Autroot from the following links

N8000 - http://download.chainfire.eu/236/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.zip
    N8010 - http://download.chainfire.eu/247/CF...to-Root-p4notewifiww-p4notewifixx-gtn8010.zip

Extract the files
    Run ODIN
    Put your device in download mode
    Load the .tar.md5 in PDF
    and follow the rest of the process you would follow for installing a rom
    Odin

WARNING - When you downgrade from JB to ICS most probably you will get stuck at the Samsung Logo and your device will not boot, You will need to go into recovery and do a complete wipe & reset to boot
    So always backup your data before flashing a Rom

You will need the following things before you install the firmware

Firmware - you can download either from Samfirmware or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016792

Once you download the files you will need to extract, the extracted file should have the following extention .tar.md5 remember the path where you extract the file

Odin - you can download again from the above link

Note drivers - Should be installed with Kies (Make sure you exit kies before proceeding further)

notevolpow.jpg

Please enter Download mode on your tablet by pressing Power+Volume down button until you get the download mode screen as show below

howto_root_galaxynote101_3_690x361.jpg

Once you enter download mode this what you should see on the tablet please press volume up and ignore the warning

Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable
    Make Sure your device is sufficiently charged
    Make sure all drivers are install correctly
    Exit Kies

Extract all the file in the Odin archive if they are zipped

Run_Odin.jpg

Run Odin by clicking on the exe file as show above

odin.jpg

If all drivers are correctly install it should be detected by Odin in ID Com

Click on PDA it will open file select menu and select the .tar.md5 file by going to the location from where you extracted it.

Once the file is loaded, press the start button.

Odin will start the process of flashing the firmware and will take around ten minutes to complete it once it is successful it will show a pass message and reboot the device.

You are done installing the new rom Congratulations !!!!!!!!
    This is the most common question asked on this forum how to install firmware using ODIN, I know there are many post in which this has been shown but I have decided to include this as a sticky thread so its up there for everyone to make use of.

Initially this will only show installing firmware using Odin, other things will be added

Post 1 - Introduction
    Post 2 - Installing Firmware using ODIN
    Post 4 - Rooting & Installing CWM

The process of Installing the Firmware is the same for all variants of Note i.e 8000, 8005, 8010, 8013, 8020 BUT MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ROM FOR THE VERSION OF NOTE YOU HAVE

You can also flash Rom by copying the Rom on your device and using Mobile Odin Pro App
    The same is a paid app and is available of play store
    You need to be Rooted to use this app

Link to Mobile Odin - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImV1LmNoYWluZmlyZS5tb2JpbGVvZGluLnBybyJd
    Everything except Method 1
    Please do not missguide them please tell me how can you flash a stock firmware using CWM recovery.

IF YOU ARE FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE WHICH IS UNTOUCHED IT CAN ONLY BE FLASHED USING ODIN OR MOBILE ODIN CANNOT AND I REPEAT CANNOT BE FLASHED USING CWM