[ROM] The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Grouper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010
I must say this ROM deserves more positive press. I have tried pretty much all the ROMs and everything just works, smooth and fast. In fact I keep trying to put another ROM on my N7 and after a few hours seem to just go back to flashing the nandroid of this one. Thanks and nice work.

Agreed that the Rom works well, however, I tend to install those Roms that not only run well but also have regular input from the Developer in the thread that they created. At the moment this doesn't appear to be the case in this thread. In fairness to him, I can see that he has released a number of roms for a variety of different devices which may well mean that he simply doesn't have the time to be able to reply to questions etc... in each thread but at the moment, it feels like just another one of those roms where the Dev has created the thread and wants nothing more to do with it. Hopefully I will be proved wrong!

Reactions: emd2009 and Vysin

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Agreed that the Rom works well, however, I tend to install those Roms that not only run well but also have regular input from the Developer in the thread that they created. At the moment this doesn't appear to be the case in this thread. In fairness to him, I can see that he has released a number of roms for a variety of different devices which may well mean that he simply doesn't have the time to be able to reply to questions etc... in each thread but at the moment, it feels like just another one of those roms where the Dev has created the thread and wants nothing more to do with it. Hopefully I will be proved wrong!

ROM works fine. Why would the dev wanna hang out in this thread? To answer the same question twice on every page?
If you wanna chit chat with the dev find him on twitter. Xda isn't a social media
If you have ROM issues there are many ways to contact the developer outside of this thread.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dparrothead1

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
@drewgaren

While Flashing is commonplace to many, wouldn't it be prudent to include flashing instructions for your rom? I will also mention that the dl is painfully slow. A second link would be appreciated.

Thank you for your work.

Reactions: Vysin

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361987473606.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361987473606.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 456

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010
ROM works fine. Why would the dev wanna hang out in this thread? To answer the same question twice on every page?
If you wanna chit chat with the dev find him on twitter. Xda isn't a social media
If you have ROM issues there are many ways to contact the developer outside of this thread.

I'm not interested in chit chat, however, I don't think its much to ask that the OP is updated with details of any new updates and changelogs. Personally I use Google+ to keep up to date with the comings and goings of whats new, but I would imagine a lot of people rely on XDA.

jsauder2

@drewgaren

While Flashing is commonplace to many, wouldn't it be prudent to include flashing instructions for your rom? I will also mention that the dl is painfully slow. A second link would be appreciated.

Thank you for your work.
there are 2 places to download it...from his website or through goo.im

I've dl'ed through goo multiple times and it's not bad at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong
there are 2 places to download it...from his website or through goo.im

I've dl'ed through goo multiple times and it's not bad at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4

More so when you spend a little for a sponsor login. Full speed no wait queues. I spent $10 to have hundreds of files come down faster. Great value pus helping out a site that helps out countless amount of people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Triscuit

sTl2yk3l2

Feb 20, 2011
robinson
This ROM has the fastest boot up time out of any ROM I have run. Plus this thing is so smooth and fast with a ton of options. Rootbox has been my go to ROM, this is just as good if not better. Awesome job!!!

-=[.stryker.originals.]=-

amf100

Jan 30, 2011

This makes no sense. The thread is like a week old. No actual dev type questions until the past 24 - 48 hours (which may be user error). The vast majority of posts are praises for the ROM.

You come in, SEE all this, and this is what you offer? A complaint about dev participation in a 2 or 3 page NEW thread? What a contribution. XDA thanks you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: tdizzle404

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
I can't seem to get a wallpaper to apply from my gallery without doing a reboot. It's no biggie, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
Thanks to the dev for an awesome ROM, I'd like some input from other users about a memory consumption issue I'm having, I haven't looked into it much yet so for all I know it could be a misbehaving app. With other ROMs I always have plenty of available ram. But with this ROM I'm literally running out of memory.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Souron29

Jan 18, 2011
Bbsr
an orca tilapia thread hasn't been opened so I would post my problem here. I downloaded the latest 1.0.3 tilapia version and flashed but there z no GSM network and also no settings for that as if it was a grouper rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
    * ORCASettings
    * DPI Settings (Xposed)
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * ORCA Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * Chronus
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA GROUPER DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_grouper.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/grouper
    GAPPS
    Github

CLOSED FOR NEW VERSION ORCA BIGFOOT 2+ post coming soon.
    Quoting DrewGaren:

"Finally working on new ORCA BIGFOOT builds. Major Renovation to Orca coming shortly now that im getting better. Hospital check up Monday."

:victory:
    I would just wait for the second milestone. DrewGaren said that it's coming soon.

And he was in the hospital for a few days so first we wish him to get well soon. :)

Why?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Different strokes for different folks. Have never liked PA. And, yes..I have tried them.....would much rather just have xposed.

Re: The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Grouper

This is such a nice ROM, I really don't understand why there is not more activity in this thread.