[Q] Capacitive buttons are not working ?

Search This thread

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
:crying: I have HTC One X+ 64gb Telus which is rooted,s-off and boot loader unlocked. I am using Elegancia 6.2.0. I don't know what happened to it. Suddenly Capacitive buttons are not working as light are working. In past it never dropped and I Nevar sit on it. I don't know why it happened. Now i am using LMT launcher from which I am not satisfied and thinking about repairing it. In my city there are no HTC service center but there is a collection point(I don't know what it is??? :rolleyes: ) . I searched about this on Internet and found that it may be problem of Digitizer. So, My questions are:

1. By replacing LCD+Digitizer would solve this problem? If yes, then which variant should I buy SHARP or SONY version? As mine is Telus version.
2. Should I go to Collection Point in my city ?
3. Or should I take risk of doing dis-assembly of it ?
4. Or Should I buy a LCD+Digitizer from internet and do replacement by local mobile repairs?

PS: I bought it 2 months ago from ebay and it doesn't have manufacturer warranty. And sorry for my bad english :(

Orvandi

Jan 24, 2014
Zürich
Bring it to an authorized repair shop or contact HTC and ship it in. Make sure that it is actually a hardware problem, and then have them replace it.
Try not to replace it yourself, there is a ton of adhesive and you might damage the phone as you need to use a suction device to remove the screen.

(I do believe the buttons are part of the lcd/digitizer assembly, but you might want to check with HTC support)

If you want to save money, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fatedevgroup.softkeyenabler&hl=en will get you on screen buttons

Last edited: