Video camera performance/dashcam apps

Search This thread
M

milesbennetdyson

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem using my phone as a dashcam when driving. I've tried a couple of apps thoroughly which makes me think the problem is a hardware issue, not the apps.

Basically, I want to use a fairly high resolution with the sound off (both apps have this feature) but that causes the camera to pause for 1-2 seconds every few seconds. Turning the sound on fixes it, but that's not ideal. At really low resolutions it works okay, but the quality is quite poor.

Are there any apps/tweaks etc that can improve this do you think? Has anyone got the Ace working well as a dashcam? THanks for any help, I've spent ages trying different settings etc.

artur1131

Dec 3, 2013
Warsaw
U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)

M

milesbennetdyson

U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?