Cross Bow for hermes sighted and live pictures

Search This thread

Sleuth255

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 3, 2006
Milwaukee
blog.kwilcox.org
I'll be at CES the week of Jan 7. If there's a crossbow for Hermes, I'll see it and touch it there.

I'll bring Buzz's ROM dumper too & if I come back with something then we'll have some real incentive to get the nbf flash issue solved :)

saq

Oct 26, 2005
This is a hardware issue and not a hermes issue. Contact the manufacturer of the device and get a replacement.

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
I seriously believe that we will never see an official Crossbow update for the Hermes.
I remember back in my Blue Angel days they had a Blue Angel device at one of these shows running WM5. There was never an official release for it however someone did managed to dump the ROM onto SD and released here on XDA Dev :)

Here's hoping.....

S.K.

ScottC

May 6, 2005
Don't mean to poop on everyone's parade, but I can take pictures of my PDA running Crossbow, too. There are screenshots of Crossbow available on the web. All I would have to do is download one to my PDA, open the image in Resco Photo viewer, and make the image full screen...
I hope this isn't a fake.

The dates on his screenshots are yesterdays, I too suspected a hoax, but now I am confident they are real.

PPCNUT

Jul 27, 2006
I think they will release a update for the Hermes but it will cost between $29.99 - $99.99 and it will be locked to the IMEI number of one phone.

Nov 21, 2006
I think you guys are getting your hopes up. As someone pointed out earlier HTC isnt an upgrade kind of company. And to be honest I've seen this before with the Moto MPX220. They where floor models of it running wm5 after its release. Sure enough the wm5 mpx220 never saw the light of day. The MPX220 was simplely being used as a test platform for wm5 since it was one of the latest smartphone hardwares available. HTC Hermes is probably the same thing. Latest piece of hardware to show off crossbow, its not ment to test crossbow on the hermes.

raymondu999

Feb 27, 2006
Indonesia
I think this is probably just like when WinMob's engineers were using the BlueAngel as the testbed for the WM5 platform, and they chose the Hermes. If we could get the WM5 BA ROM up and running, I'm sure we'll get the WM6 (Crossbow) ROM for Hermes up and running as well. 'Qapla!!!

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
This is a hardware issue and not a hermes issue. Contact the manufacturer of the device and get a replacement.

This is an HERMES HARDWARE ISSUE, right?. Hermes is at risk of SA now, Crossbow or not. Only if you discover the Hermes screen alignment problem (SA) in the first 15 days theu will replace. Otherwise they patch your phone, and you will have more or less 50% probability to have the SA problem again!

Last edited:

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
I think you guys are getting your hopes up. As someone pointed out earlier HTC isnt an upgrade kind of company. And to be honest I've seen this before with the Moto MPX220. They where floor models of it running wm5 after its release. Sure enough the wm5 mpx220 never saw the light of day. The MPX220 was simplely being used as a test platform for wm5 since it was one of the latest smartphone hardwares available. HTC Hermes is probably the same thing. Latest piece of hardware to show off crossbow, its not ment to test crossbow on the hermes.

I heard from MS rumors about Crossbow... someone says it is something "cosmetic" just to accomplish some VISTA features and style, may be it will be available as upgrade for "high end" Phones...

lacroixdp

Aug 12, 2005
Nashville
From what I read, Crossbow has some significant upgrades, such as increasing the amount of memory an application can use, as well as the amount of simultaneous processes that can be running. It is supposedly going to be a huge leap forward for the Pocket PC platform.