Arabic Gingerbread Keyboard

Search This thread

Arabia

Feb 5, 2010
Update: I've added to the attachments Moo-gbkb-ar.apk . It is an Arabized version with dictionary for the "Keyboard from Android 2.3" version 1.0.11 by Steven Lin so the credit goes to him for the original application (here is a link to the original application in the Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free)

Moo-gbkb-ar.apk resolves a FC issue on Desire HD...

This is an Arabic/English Keyboard based on hotaru's post here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=875202

The keyboard has a big Arabic dictionary.

The first file has the source files for the xml keyboard layouts and binary dictionary and Arabized strings. It is only for developers and you don't need it if you just want to run the app.

The second file is the APK file that can be installed directly.

Attachments

• ar-files.zip
    334.6 KB · Views: 24,313
  • gbkb-ar.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 26,363
  • gbkb-ar-screenshot.jpg
    gbkb-ar-screenshot.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,420
  • Moo-gbkb-ar.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 31,130
  • gbkb-ar-screenshot2.jpg
    gbkb-ar-screenshot2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,534
Last edited:

kled54

Oct 6, 2010
beirut
If i install this on my nexus 1, will i get correct arabic letters, right now they are disconnected. if yes how to install them???
i know how to install the .apk but i have no idea what to do with the .zip file.

if this would enable me to read arabic on my nexus1, i will be so thankfull for you.

Arabia

Feb 5, 2010
If your phone is not already Arabized this will not Arabize it. It only makes it possible to enter Arabic characters.

Is your N1 rooted? and what is your Android version (look it up in Settings=> About phone)

The attached zip file is for developers who would like to use the xml source or the dictionary in other apps. It is not for end users.

Last edited:
Reactions: kled54

kled54

Oct 6, 2010
beirut
no my phone is not rooted...my android version is the latest 2.2.2
i can write arabic letters using "ibrahim keyboard" i downloaded it from the market, but can't read arabic from browser or other apps like twitter or facebook, as i said the letters appear disconnected.

i guess i still have to wait for the gingerbread release.

Last edited:

Arabia

Feb 5, 2010

hasan1969

Feb 7, 2011
I always interested to have an Arabic keyboard in my device. I am using HTC Desire Z with Android Froyo. Is this keyboard compatible with this device as someone has reported that this keyboard is not compatible with HTC Desire HD? Please Android Expert, help!

Arabia

Feb 5, 2010
I use it on a Nexus One with no issues. I would appreciate if you download it and let us know if you had any problems.

To activate the keyboard you will need first to go to "Settings"=> "Language & keyboard" check on "Gingerbread keyboard". Then go to any text box (for example create a new message) and long press on the text area until you get a list of options. Choose "Input methods" and then select "Gingerbread keyboard".

HD HTC HD

Jan 4, 2011
Dear Arabia,

The problem i am getting the: Force Close Issue>>>>

Any help?

Yesterday, i downloaded the one which is in the Market, worked perfectly, BUT cant write Arabic although the Arabic is there & the space bar has the Arabic swipe method???!!

<<I have the latest Arabic software & My device is not Rooted>>

Last edited:

Arabia

Feb 5, 2010
HD HTC HD

Can you attach the apk file that you got from the market (or a link to it) and I'll check it out for you.

For the force close issue, can you help me troubleshooting it by uninstaling my apk and installing the one in this thread:
test this apk, if it's force closing, then we'll need to report that to hotaru. If not then please let me know and we'll try to take it from there.

Regards,
Yahya

HD HTC HD

Jan 4, 2011
HD HTC HD

Can you attach the apk file that you got from the market (or a link to it) and I'll check it out for you.

For the force close issue, can you help me troubleshooting it by uninstaling my apk and installing the one in this thread:
test this apk, if it's force closing, then we'll need to report that to hotaru. If not then please let me know and we'll try to take it from there.

Regards,
Yahya

Dear Yahya,

First of all, i would like to thank you for your kind reply,,
Here you go, the link of the Gingerbread Keyboard from the Market which works with me ( No Arabic ):

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin

Inshalla, i will install the one you advised me & will let you know by today it self. ;)

Warm Regards
Salmin

HD HTC HD

Jan 4, 2011
Dear Yahya,

Just tested the one you advised me , and the same (Force Close Issue) i am having..???

Hope to hearing from you Soon.

Salam
Salmin

Arabia

Feb 5, 2010
I'm sorry Salmin this means that the original apk has the issue. Only hotaru would be able to fix it. I only added the Arabic keyboard and I don't know that much in programming.

Regarding the Market keyboard, I thought it was a free app. This is a paid app and paid apps are disabled where I live.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: I've added to the attachments Moo-gbkb-ar.apk . It is an Arabized version with dictionary for the "Keyboard from Android 2.3" version 1.0.11 by Steven Lin so the credit goes to him for the original application (here is a link to the original application in the Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free)

Moo-gbkb-ar.apk resolves a FC issue on Desire HD...

This is an Arabic/English Keyboard based on hotaru's post here:

The keyboard has a big Arabic dictionary.

The first file has the source files for the xml keyboard layouts and binary dictionary and Arabized strings. It is only for developers and you don't need it if you just want to run the app.

The second file is the APK file that can be installed directly.
    If your phone is not already Arabized this will not Arabize it. It only makes it possible to enter Arabic characters.

Is your N1 rooted? and what is your Android version (look it up in Settings=> About phone)

The attached zip file is for developers who would like to use the xml source or the dictionary in other apps. It is not for end users.
    OK I'll add Arabic to it and post here...
    Please try this and let me know if it works...

Update: Moved the application to the first post (Name: Moo-gbkb-ar.apk)
    Hello Salmin I meant aahhww when I asked for the screenshot.

Your problem, I think, is not from the Arabic language. I think it is from the original application.

Best