White G Pad $250 at Newegg again

Search This thread

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
I bought one today too, I think for the price it will be good. I had an N7 2013 and it was nice but just a bit small so I am hoping this will be just right. If not I will sell it on ebay and get something else. It is a great price.

i picked one up as well, although it was technically 279 and then listed a 30 off code on the page making it 249 at final checkout

just hope its one of the 312 or later sn's to avoid alot of the screen issues i've been hearing about

also picked up a black smart cover for it for 13 bucks from newegg (the three segment flap type)
the pad should be here by the weekend so i can try it out on some long flights were taking, unfortunately the case will be here...sometime after that

Shawheim

Jun 15, 2010
The Star City
I ordered one also. Comes in the mail tomorrow. Really looking forward it. Ordered a TPU case as well but it won't be here till Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
mine came in yesterday according to wife, away for work till the weekend
apparently a 310 series serial number...:silly:

and it wasn't wrapped but had this silver sticker on it

Attachments

• 20140219_2100481.jpg
    20140219_2100481.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 279

Panzer500

Nov 2, 2010
mine came in yesterday according to wife, away for work till the weekend
apparently a 310 series serial number...:silly:

and it wasn't wrapped but had this silver sticker on it

Mine came in on Monday with the same sticker, but in a vertical orientation. The sticker makes me think it's new but when I opened it I found a few random strands of 2in long hair and the case close to the charge port seems slightly bent. Other than that mine seems new though with the random hair and slightly bent plastic case I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm if the tablet is supposed to be in a protective bag or not? Mine wasn't it was just sitting on the top tray of the box with the protective screen.

I attached a pic of the bent case.

Attachments

• IMG_20140219_231748.jpg
    IMG_20140219_231748.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
Mine came in on Monday with the same sticker, but in a vertical orientation. The sticker makes me think it's new but when I opened it I found a few random strands of 2in long hair and the case close to the charge port seems slightly bent. Other than that mine seems new though with the random hair and slightly bent plastic case I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm if the tablet is supposed to be in a protective bag or not? Mine wasn't it was just sitting on the top tray of the box with the protective screen.

I attached a pic of the bent case.

sounds like a return, keep an eye on the screen quality...
i hope that silver sticker isn't a 'return-check-resell' thing from newegg, i've always been happy with stuff from them but this would be super shifty...
whats your serial series?

Panzer500

Nov 2, 2010
sounds like a return, keep an eye on the screen quality...
i hope that silver sticker isn't a 'return-check-resell' thing from newegg, i've always been happy with stuff from them but this would be super shifty...
whats your serial series?

My S/N starts with 310, so I'm assuming that is one of the newer runs? Other than the fishiness of it I haven't seen anything about the tablet other then that deformed part that has bothered me about it. I ran a dead pixel app to see if there was anything and no dead pix and no backlight bleed to really notice. I get about 4-5 hrs of screen on time from social media browsing and chromecasting with BT and GPS turned off, wifi on, auto dim on. I don't know if it's an issue but the knock on is sometimes non-responsive requiring 2-3 tries before it wakes up.

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
My S/N starts with 310, so I'm assuming that is one of the newer runs? Other than the fishiness of it I haven't seen anything about the tablet other then that deformed part that has bothered me about it. I ran a dead pixel app to see if there was anything and no dead pix and no backlight bleed to really notice. I get about 4-5 hrs of screen on time from social media browsing and chromecasting with BT and GPS turned off, wifi on, auto dim on. I don't know if it's an issue but the knock on is sometimes non-responsive requiring 2-3 tries before it wakes up.

my understanding is that 310 is the early run, followed by 311 and the slightly less troublesome 312 line
there's a backlight bleed app i've seen mentioned around the forums, try that

Panzer500

Nov 2, 2010
my understanding is that 310 is the early run, followed by 311 and the slightly less troublesome 312 line
there's a backlight bleed app i've seen mentioned around the forums, try that

Oh it is? Yah I guess I didn't do my research well enough. There is a slight bit of bleed/halo, but it's just on the bottom edge of the screen and only really noticeable if I have like max brightness on using a backlight bleed app I found. Wondering if it is worth it to see if Newegg will exchange it and if I'll end up getting charged for a return/shipping. Wished the sale had been for the black version though.

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
Oh it is? Yah I guess I didn't do my research well enough. There is a slight bit of bleed/halo, but it's just on the bottom edge of the screen and only really noticeable if I have like max brightness on using a backlight bleed app I found. Wondering if it is worth it to see if Newegg will exchange it and if I'll end up getting charged for a return/shipping. Wished the sale had been for the black version though.
yeah you'll have to pay for retuurn shipping i'm sure, try the bleed app with brightness down like below 40% thats where the spotting usually shows up

Reactions: Panzer500

Shawheim

Jun 15, 2010
The Star City
Got mine last night from slow UPS. Came in box that looked untouched. No seal sticker but not a finger print in sight. 311 serial number with no light bleed. One thing I did notice tho is that one side has a sharp edge compared to the other. Not a big deal cause my Amzer case comes today. I love this thing so far!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Buta-san

Feb 21, 2014
New York City
Hello all...first post on these boards. I'm glad to find these forums.

I got the white version when Newegg had them on sale recently. Mine came pristine and appears 100% new. I see no issues with dead pixels, backlight bleed or streaking. It is from the S/N 310 run so I guess I am fortunate. I'm very pleased with the tablet.

BTW- Newegg now has both the black and white models on sale for $249-no coupon code needed. When I purchased, only the white one was discounted but honestly the color did not matter much to me. I will say I think the white one looks great and maybe a little more distinctive.

giant22000

Oct 2, 2011
Google Pixel 2
My local best buy price matched the $249.99 price found on newegg, so if you can't wait like me and don't mind paying sales tax there's another option.

BTW I got a 209 series from best buy. Waiting for my titanium backup to finish syncing to test screen for issues.

Update... Doesn't appear to be any bleed through on the screen, but the gamma is off a little bit. Despite that the screen looks excellent!

Last edited:
Reactions: cappa662

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
The black one is on sale for $250, too. I just ordered one to replace my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Should be a substantial upgrade. :)

It has been awhile since my last order with Newegg. They called me to verify my info and to ask why I'm shipping to a different address. Um, I MOVED. I appreciate the caution, though.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah you'll have to pay for retuurn shipping i'm sure, try the bleed app with brightness down like below 40% thats where the spotting usually shows up
    My local best buy price matched the $249.99 price found on newegg, so if you can't wait like me and don't mind paying sales tax there's another option.

BTW I got a 209 series from best buy. Waiting for my titanium backup to finish syncing to test screen for issues.

Update... Doesn't appear to be any bleed through on the screen, but the gamma is off a little bit. Despite that the screen looks excellent!
    How did you get it so cheap?

They had an Open Box sale, and for maybe half a day, it was listed as $212.99. I jumped on it. Just as I was trying to share it on SlickDeals, they upped it by $25...

I had read that the Open Box deals for this item might as well be new, and this was confirmed when I received it with box, original screen protector (laugh all you want, but it is what I am using for a screen protector, since it is transparent and tough. I just used scissors to cut off the excess at the top), all accessories, etc.