Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Coming!

Search This thread

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
I really hope they have a t-Mobile variant right off the bat!

I hope it has more power and a lot more memory. 1.5gb memory blows!
Same size is fine. Maybe a lil less bezel and better back cover.

A handful more features would be nice too.

End of year though :(
Kit Kat should help with speed boost until then. Hurry MetroPCS!

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/03/26/sammobile-confirms-second-generation-samsung-galaxy-mega-lineup/

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...ce-new-galaxy-mega-smartphones-this-year.html

EDIT:
Pathetic device
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsungs-6-inch-Galaxy-Mega-2-launches-on-AT-T-this-week_id61961

Last edited:

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
I really hope they have a t-Mobile variant right off the bat!

I hope it has more power and a lot more memory. 1.5gb memory blows!
Same size is fine. Maybe a lil less bezel and better back cover.

A handful more features would be nice too.

End of year though :(
Kit Kat should help with speed boost until then. Hurry MetroPCS!

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/03/26/sammobile-confirms-second-generation-samsung-galaxy-mega-lineup/

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...ce-new-galaxy-mega-smartphones-this-year.html

What would really be nice is if Samsung would stop giving us here in the U.S. the crap processors in the Galaxy S, Note and Mega series phones.

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
when you look at the frame of the current 6.3 Mega you see theres a lit of bezel..

Im hoping on 6.5"-6.6" 1080p screen on the same frame with hopefully 3GB of RAM...

otherwise they say 6 core Exynos processor in those rummors, i dont think it mayters that much at this point.. im doing absolutely fine with the dual core on the current model..

Getting 7+hrs and a whole day of standby on mine, so if they throw in 200-300 extra mAh on top of the battery would ve awesome... if they round it up to 4,000mAh even better...

Nothing more to ask than that... and yes, if possibly availiable in T-Mobile directly... that be great, need those updates, radio and kernel updates make phone signal download speeds and lag improvements most of the time.. forget about the OS.. as long is 4.4 doesnt matter.

And mybe.. just mybe a Play Store Edition? woud grab one..

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
when you look at the frame of the current 6.3 Mega you see theres a lit of bezel..

Im hoping on 6.5"-6.6" 1080p screen on the same frame with hopefully 3GB of RAM...

otherwise they say 6 core Exynos processor in those rummors, i dont think it mayters that much at this point.. im doing absolutely fine with the dual core on the current model..

Getting 7+hrs and a whole day of standby on mine, so if they throw in 200-300 extra mAh on top of the battery would ve awesome... if they round it up to 4,000mAh even better...

Nothing more to ask than that... and yes, if possibly availiable in T-Mobile directly... that be great, need those updates, radio and kernel updates make phone signal download speeds and lag improvements most of the time.. forget about the OS.. as long is 4.4 doesnt matter.

And mybe.. just mybe a Play Store Edition? woud grab one..

I like the current size of the phone. I wouldn't mind an increase in screen size but if they keep the phone same size or keep same screen size and make phone lil smaller. Either or for me is great.

Memory kills this thing. Minimum 2 - 2.5gb. 3gb would be great and make it into a multi task monster.

1080p would be awesome too.

A dual core is ok but needs to be much stronger than what is one now. Especially if higher reso.

I need lte so had to be Qualcomm chip.

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
Speaker placement! Ugh, how I hate it. I like the speaker placement on the nOte 3.

I am not impressed with the voice recognition on this device either. I will play around with it to see which is better... I am using swype and installed an xposed app to force google voice recognition. Hope it works

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
Last edited:

Beurtmans

Oct 6, 2013
Kamerik
1.5 gb is too small camera is ok but storage is also too small.
If i have an update for an app it is always complainig it has nog space anymore that sucks big time.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
Why it is disappointed you ?

If i have an update for an app it is always complainig it has nog space anymore that sucks big time.

I hope this is just something for overseas. From the first links it seemed as if it was a decent upgrade from the current Mega. The current MEga has 1.5Gb of memory. With the MegaFire Rom 1.5 is very useable. However, with all the bloat from samsung and carriers makes it unusable. At the very least have 2GB

Camera is currently the same. It is not great to begin with and not even some sort of upgrade!??!?!? Need a bump in quality.

Storage is currently at 16GB. Why do I want less?!?!?!?

I'd rather they stay at 6.3 and upgrade everything else if that is the case. I can accept a larger screen with less bezel but not inferior components.

aniym

Jul 13, 2009
I'm happy with the specs on the Mega 6.3, but the Mega 2 doesn't look appealing at all:

- 720P Display on a 7 inch screen? 720P on 6.3 was OK, but on a 7 inch screen it will be like using the 2010 Galaxy Tab. Unacceptable.
- Same camera as before
- likely same RAM as before too.

Even the Huawei Mediapad X1 has a 1920x1200 display on its 7 inch panel (yes, it's a phone).

Plus, here in North America we got the Mega i527 model which can't be rooted. The same will probably be true of its successor.

Even though I like the Mega 6.3, my next phone will probably be the HTC M8 or OnePlusOne.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
I'm happy with the specs on the Mega 6.3, but the Mega 2 doesn't look appealing at all:

- 720P Display on a 7 inch screen? 720P on 6.3 was OK, but on a 7 inch screen it will be like using the 2010 Galaxy Tab. Unacceptable.
- Same camera as before
- likely same RAM as before too.

Even the Huawei Mediapad X1 has a 1920x1200 display on its 7 inch panel (yes, it's a phone).

Plus, here in North America we got the Mega i527 model which can't be rooted. The same will probably be true of its successor.

Even though I like the Mega 6.3, my next phone will probably be the HTC M8 or OnePlusOne.

I and many others have had no problem getting rooted on the i527

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

FILIP S.

May 12, 2014
Warsaw
Looks like something similar to Mega 2 is already released. Look at this pic. It says that new phone will have 7in display, 1280 x 720 (210 ppi) and 1,2 GHz Snapdragon 400 Cortex-A7. It's Samsung Galaxy W. Is that new Mega 2???

Attachments

• 00039C2AFG0N89JX-C116-F4.jpg
    00039C2AFG0N89JX-C116-F4.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 172

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
Looks like something similar to Mega 2 is already released. Look at this pic. It says that new phone will have 7in display, 1280 x 720 (210 ppi) and 1,2 GHz Snapdragon 400 Cortex-A7. It's Samsung Galaxy W. Is that new Mega 2???

It's much lower end. Not real mega 2. you even have to put the Samsung sticker on yourself lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok fine. If it is updated then will it's increased storage ?
    Your all just doing everything you can to get 7 inches in your pants.

Your all just doing everything you can to get 7 inches in your pants.

rofl

7 is a tad "hard", no pun intended, to design to fit on pocket. perhaps a slightly bigger screen with less bezels is ok but no one has that yet. Samsung is losing ground in various areas and I think it is their own fault to a degree.

i need 6" + and less bezels with decent specs. Without the megafire rom this phone SUCKS.
    If you've never had the old version, perhaps it is ok. Honestly, outside the Note 4 Samsung has really been dropping the ball...

Says right on the bottom sent from my i527. You must have missed that lol
    I enjoy the larger phones. Im pretty happy with my mega. It's the longest I've owned a phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    One of the reason I want the Mega2 instead of the the original Mega 6.3 is the new version offers resizable screen. The one handed operation on the Mega6.3 is a freaking joke. One handed dialer and keyboard are useless. If Mega6.3 has the same one handed operation like the mega2, Note 3, Note 4 and the S5, then I'll buy the Mega 6.3.