[MOD][HOWTO][MK4][JB4.3] Add Additional Toggles to Quick Settings ( Root Required )

Search This thread

lorjay589

Oct 25, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Wait where? I've been looking for a way to do that but no luck so far

Mind sharing? Thanks! :thumbup::thumbup:

In features in the settings section lol i was like f it i want to be the first to do it in my section so i been trying everything and editing the csc to do it at boot works

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

awillis111

May 10, 2012
Waxahachie, TX
Maybe it is on mobile browsers uploadfromtaptalk1389612314612.jpg

Arjohns

Nov 12, 2011
I've added toggles to STS rom. So try doing it manually. I did it before there was a zip to flash so I know it does work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

smaw51

Nov 22, 2010
Tempe
Fantastic guide! I've been messing around with some of the different settings to see how they all work.
I changed notification_panel_active_number_of_apps to 15 and it set that in the drop down after reboot, but then I went to the notification panel in the settings I got a fc from it.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
These are all the toggles possible for the S3 and N2 (n2 has air view as well)

The mod control toggle was added by me, the rest are stock

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390155261635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390155261635.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 161

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Just "Flashlight"

But it needs the smali in SystemUI and the icons in SecSettings and SystemUI

FlashlightQuickToggle.smali
tw_quick_toggle_flashlight_[on,off].png
notification_panel_flashlight

I'll be making a guide soon that shows how to add it

When you do would you mind if we ( team smooth) include it in our ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit for the modification as I have only gathered the information for the mod from the write ups on the Galaxy S4 here and another from a blog post on the Sprint Galaxy Note 3 here. I am posting this for all members using Sprint phones, specifically the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ( SPH-L900 ).

Warning/Disclaimer:

This modification was done using my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 currently on the "modified" Stock MK4 Update with no Knox/Bootloader & Rooted.
    As always PLEASE make a Nandroid backup of your phone before attempting to modify any system settings. Although this worked for me, others may have different outcomes. It appears that other carrier phone models running on JB 4.3 have had the same success using similar methods as these but it is not guaranteed for it to work for you.

We all know the drill.......

=============================================================================================================================================

ADVISORY/WARNING FROM THIS POINT FORWARD........

MODIFYING OR HAVING ATTEMPTED TO MODIFY ANYTHING ON YOUR DEVICE IS DONE "AT YOUR OWN RISK". I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR YOU BRICKING, DAMAGING AND/OR MAKING YOUR DEVICE FAIL OR FUNCTION PROPERLY. YOU COMPREHEND AND AGREE (EVEN THOUGH MANY HAVE SUCCESSFULLY MODIFIED THEIR DEVICES) THAT "YOU" AS THE PERSON IF USING ANY SOFTWARE, CUSTOM OR STOCK BEING FOR YOUR COMPUTER OR DEVICE, TO MODIFY YOUR DEVICE WILL IN NO WAY BLAME ANYONE BUT YOURSELF AND TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.
    IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE ATTEMPTING ANY MODIFICATIONS AND TAKING THE RISKS INVOLVED THEN PLEASE DON'T DO THEM.

=============================================================================================================================================

Now A Flashable Zip!

Although some of the newer MK4 roms are coming out with the extra toggles built in, this flashable zip will do it for you thanks to @CNexus

I adapted the zip I made for enabling extra toggles on the Sprint S3 for the toggles listed above.

Flash in recovery after booting into the rom at least once!

Enjoy!

Download:

==============================================================

Flash Light Toggle Mod

Credits go to:

@CNexus for the How to

@smaw51 for the Flashable zip

Newer Version:

By CNexus: Flashable ZIP that will read your current toggles list and add ";Flashlight" to the end of it.
    Will work on all devices since it uses busybox to mount the partitions.

Download:

Flashable ZIP

Later Version:

Add the Flash Light Toggle by flashing in recovery. Once flashed just follow the steps below to add " Flashlight; " at the end of the value for "notification_panel_active_app_list" and your set.

Incase one wanted to know, the flashable zip flashes the modified System apk's into one's System/app folder ( including the Torch.apk ) for the toggle to work.

Download:

Manual Version

Now to the modding.......

I have successfully added 13 Additional Toggles to my Quick Settings (of which have all activated and deactivated) on my phone when pressed.

As of 01/19/14 one is able to add one more that was manually added in by member CNexus as mentioned above.

They are:

1. Mobile Data
    2. Airplane Mode
    3. Smart Pause
    4. Brightness
    5. Wi-Fi Hotspot
    6. Smart Scroll
    7. Smart Stay
    8. S Beam
    9. NFC
    10. Air Gesture
    11. Blocking Mode
    12. Air View
    13. Smart Network
    14. Personal Page
    15. Reading Mode
    16. Network Restriction
    17. Flashlight ( Manually Added )

Credit:

The "How Too" will be very similar to the two link at the top. Again I take no credit and thank Gam3r 4 Life, the blog post author Korey Wong, Black Moon, levi727 and mrlamo for their information gathered for this How To. I know there are others out there I may be missing and please forgive but the trail will go one forever and I will say thank you all for the findings to get this done.

These are the steps I took to add all 13 toggles:

Things Needed:

Root Access

Your File Manager of choice with root access. ( ex. ES File Explorer, Root Explorer, etc.)

SQLite Editor <------- Got it from Here

TB Restore Fixer <---------- Got it from the Play Store You May Not Need This.

How Too:

1. Open your File Manager of choice ( w/ root access ) and from your HOME directory navigate to data /data /com.android.providers.settings /databases.
    2. Once there, backup all three files; settings.db, settings.db-shm & settings.db-wal for safe keeping before any modification are done. ( settings.db is the file in question to be modified ).
    3. After backing up your files, and after having downloaded and installed SQLite Editor on your Note 2, open SQLite Editor and allow it root permissions when prompted if necessary. It will begin to search for databases and generate a list.
    4. If for some reason you get the Error Code 14 message when trying to run SQLite Editor, you will need to download and install TB Restore Fixer from the Play Store. Once downloaded, run the app, allow root and apply the fix. Worked for me after I did this.
    5. Once it's done searching and having generated the list, scroll down and tap the "Settings Storage" file.
    6. Tap the "settings.db" file.
    7. Tap the "system" file.
    8. Once in the system file, scroll down until you find "notification_panel_active_app_list", tap to highlight it. (It was #432 for me). You may notice that you may have to tap the one right above it to get it to highlight. Also make sure it's the notification_panel_active_app_list, and NOT the notification_panel_default_active_app_list. If you pick the wrong one, it will not work.
    9. Once you have highlighted it, tap your phones menu button and tap on "Edit Record".
    10. You'll see three boxed sections with information. The one to be modified will be the one labeled "values". You'll notice a list of all the toggles that are currently enabled which show up in the notification area.
    11. At the end of the list you will add a semicolon " ; " directly followed by the Quick Settings Tab name alternating both and so forth. Leave no spaces between them or the toggles will not show up. example: ;AirplaneMode;MobileData;Once you are done adding the names, Save what you have modified.
    12. Now reboot your device. Once booted up you should have and be able to see all the extra toggles you added.

Here is a list of the values one must enter to get all the extra toggles: Got them from here

Code:
    ;MobileData;AirplaneMode;SmartPause;Brightness;WiFiHotspot;SmartScroll;SmartStay;SBeam;Nfc;AirGesture;DormantMode;AirView;SmartNetwork;ReadingMode;PersonalMode;ToddlerMode;
    Flashlight; if you have done the mod.

Toggles Not Working When Pressed:

Personal Page - Not Working

Tested Roms So Far:

MK4 Knox Free Full Rom Odex/Deodex Updated -- SPH-L900

[ROM MK4]Smoothest Note 2/3 Rom (imho) -- SPH-L900

[ROM MK4][ROM][MK4] SynergyROM | WiFi Tether | 11-28-13 r2 -- SPH-L900​

If there are any Toggles I may be missing or you have found to be working for the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 ( SPH-L900 ), please post them up. If I have missed someone on giving credit, I am sorry and please PM me so that I may give credit where credit is due. Hope this helps some on toggles.

Looking forward to the guide thanks.

Thanks. Oh and the check is in the mail. Lol!

Guide is up guys, enjoy :cool:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617552
    yep, still got to go add script " Flashlight; " for the toggle to work. I'm sure there's a way to get it into a flashable zip, but it's not worth the effort for me right now. I saw some people talking about it on one of the threads around here though.

I see what you mean and I agree. Keeping it simple the way it is now does the job, no other bells or whistles is perfect. Let's not mess with what works already.

I just wanted to clarify for people just in case they asked. :D

Actually, I had since made a flashable zip that will read your current toggles list and add ";Flashlight" to the end of it

Will work on all devices since it uses busybox to mount the partitions
    Not sure if anyone posted but this worked on Slesh's Venom STS deodexed.

Ahh I didn't see......... may I add it to the OP?

Of course :thumbup: