new leak-UCLD3

Search This thread

1tontomato

Nov 1, 2010
O.C. California
There's a fine line between stalking and wanting to have a close personal relationship. All I want is a new leak with all the goodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

littlewierdo

Dec 10, 2010
Im actually interested in a new leak for two reasons, one, Id like to see just how quickly Samsung is developing. Based on the number of issues that the initial ICS leak had and a newer build might give some sort of indication of not only how fast they are developing but also how soon we might see something official. Two, Id like to see what Samsung considers the most important issues to fix based on what was previously leaked,

Im not rooted or rom'd and have no intention of doing so right now. When we start seeing some REAL customized roms not based on the stock rom but rather based on open source code that Samsung will hopefully release soon, Ill consider rom'ing.

But right now, the ICS roms have too many issues (ironically, the same exact issues the leaked rom has, just some of them have managed to 'patch' or 'hide' those issues with clever workarounds), not enough customization options and other than some colour changes, appear to be basically the same as the stock rom with the added ability to overclock. Not enough for me yet to switch to anything.

But the sooner Samsung releases an official ICS, the sooner they will be required to release some source code, which means the real development will start happening.

jjc5891

Feb 28, 2012
But right now, the ICS roms have too many issues (ironically, the same exact issues the leaked rom has, just some of them have managed to 'patch' or 'hide' those issues with clever workarounds), not enough customization options and other than some colour changes, appear to be basically the same as the stock rom with the added ability to overclock. Not enough for me yet to switch to anything.

It's not ironic at all. I think every ICS rom right now is the leaked version, just with a couple customizations here-and-there. It's almost impossible to start tweaking system level stuff (unless you're really good) to try and fix bugs without the source code.

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
It's not ironic at all. I think every ICS rom right now is the leaked version, just with a couple customizations here-and-there. It's almost impossible to start tweaking system level stuff (unless you're really good) to try and fix bugs without the source code.
The only exceptions are the roms ported over from Skyrocket builds. However, with those, you lose S-pen functionality, so they're not an option for many/most of us.

bbgt2

Jan 25, 2011
Chitown
Im actually interested in a new leak for two reasons, one, Id like to see just how quickly Samsung is developing. Based on the number of issues that the initial ICS leak had and a newer build might give some sort of indication of not only how fast they are developing but also how soon we might see something official. Two, Id like to see what Samsung considers the most important issues to fix based on what was previously leaked,

Im not rooted or rom'd and have no intention of doing so right now. When we start seeing some REAL customized roms not based on the stock rom but rather based on open source code that Samsung will hopefully release soon, Ill consider rom'ing.

But the sooner Samsung releases an official ICS, the sooner they will be required to release some source code, which means the real development will start happening.

So, ur basically saying is that u want a ICS ROM that doesn't look, feel like ICS?
Even CM9 or when MIUI comes out with a ROM for a device its based on ICS.
As for the leak I have been using it as a DD and even in Seraphim I have no BIG issues.
Cannot go back to GB for nothing. I use my phablet for work and I use the crap out of it. My battery doesn't last me 6 hours as much as I use it so yeah ICS leak has been berry berry good to me. My appreciation to all devs who took it upon themselves to give us something better than vanilla ICS even if that means color change.

1tontomato

Nov 1, 2010
O.C. California
I'm following DG, Samfirmware, rootzwiki, on twitter. Checking the site regularly, and still no news. We could really use another leak.

Tomdg07

Aug 16, 2011
Ohio

Ironically, I don't believe you no what the word ironic means, that or you umm ya ill shut my mouth there...

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
lol i chk his twitter every few hours someone asks him and his response soon bah i hate waiting.... need to work on patience

trentthompson

Aug 17, 2010
I asked about 5 min ago and he said very soon! Im trying not to bug him but i just want to go back and ask how soon lol

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
I asked about 5 min ago and he said very soon! Im trying not to bug him but i just want to go back and ask how soon lol

haha one of the reasons im trying not to make a twitter account.... ill bug the crap out if him ha

edit: made a twitter account asked him for at least the baseband version...... and his answer...... "sooooooooooon" lol fml

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i told him he was being quite about the leak..... he told me he could be quiter about it.... ass lol but hes still kool

lol, still waiting on source to give me the go ahead, nothing I can do about it, sorry.

suppose i jumped the gun a little in announcing it.
    The problem is most people aren't forum post junkies like you guys that complain all the time. There are a 160 posts in this thread. Why would you make someone run though all of them to find the link? Instead you all ***** and add 10 more unneeded posts to the thread. It is even more of a PITA if you are using the phone to find something on they super busy sites. Just so you know the search engines on these forums all blow.

Instead of complaining make it easy for the noobs to find stuff. Maybe updating the first post in the thread with the link? Maybe starting a new thread with all the info and then linking the first post to the new thread?

If you guys don't like questions you shouldn't be on a forum. That is the whole point of a forum, to be helpful and share.

I mean it is great some of you guys love spending all your free time on here and love to boast yourselves up be making fun of others however some people just want the highlights and some new software for their phones. They have other things to do besides being in the cellphone loop. Since you guys live on these forums why don't you figure out how to be helpful instead of a bunch of internet tough guys.

I've been on a lot of different forums over the last 10 years and I must say the rudest and most unhelpful ones are phone forums. I guess if your goal is to run people back to iPhones that is a good approach.

Just saying.
    It is coming today!
    Nice tanks again dg. how do i install it i dont see A link? do this root my phone?
    #will thisvwork on my verizon phone?
    Will this work on my iphone?
    How do u install android?
    I never had these problems with ny iphone.
    Iphones are so much better.
    Do this have force closes?
    Whats a kernel?
    Can i use this without a computer?
    Can this tether?
    Can u do this for me?
    How csn i install a theme?
    Whats odin?
    I pluged ny phone in my computer but it wont connect
    How do i check for softeare update?

There got them all out of the way.

Because you know some people really want to post those questions.

Lolz
    is it a one click again? or would i need root this time? just trying to repare for it

Odin One Click.