Asking for some suggestions

Search This thread

abced123

Jun 18, 2007
I just bought one Nexus 7 for a relative at oversea, who has zero knowledge about rooting, bootloader, recovery, custom ROM/kernel, etc. However, I want to root the device at least, to install some good apps like Xposed framework , greenify ; yet do not want to prevent OTA by the owner himself later if he wants to.
So, is there any app to retain root if OTA ? And any other tweaks you can think of ? TIA

tatazeuz

Dec 5, 2012
Santiago
I just bought one Nexus 7 for a relative at oversea, who has zero knowledge about rooting, bootloader, recovery, custom ROM/kernel, etc. However, I want to root the device at least, to install some good apps like Xposed framework , greenify ; yet do not want to prevent OTA by the owner himself later if he wants to.
So, is there any app to retain root if OTA ? And any other tweaks you can think of ? TIA

If you modify the system in any way, there's a good chance that OTAs won't install in the future. It has been discussed a lot, the OTAs check the entire system partition, and if something is fishy, they won't install.