i9300 Stuck on Boot Screen

Search This thread

mtanti95

Dec 2, 2012
Hi, have a i9300. When my phone starts up i got the samsung logo, it plays the samsung boot sound, but cuts it half way, and remains like that endlessly, flashing but never booting up.

I tried Flashing the partition, and also the firmware but it didnt work. Any ideas i could use?

Thanks in advance

....I also get E faile tto mount efs in recovery mode. ... Don't know what that is...

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Sounds like a hard brick, try flashing the rescue firmware from general forum but doubt you will be able to fix it yourself.

mtanti95

Dec 2, 2012
Sounds like a hard brick, try flashing the rescue firmware from general forum but doubt you will be able to fix it yourself.

This only happened after the charge fell to 0 last night. It started rebooting over and over... then it got stuck on the boot logo. I didn't really do anything to brick it. Fine it was rooted, but I dont see how it just happends like this, suddenly :eek:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
The emmc chip in these phones is very fragile, letting the battery drain completely may have corrupted the firmware -which is easily solved by factory reset or flashing the same firmware.

Flashing a pit file is last resort, not the first thing to try.

mtanti95

Dec 2, 2012
The emmc chip in these phones is very fragile, letting the battery drain completely may have corrupted the firmware -which is easily solved by factory reset or flashing the same firmware.

Flashing a pit file is last resort, not the first thing to try.

It wasn't the first thing to try... I did many factory resets, and also re-flshing firmware. I tried pit flash but still the same result.

I now installed CheckRom via Odin, it boots, but icannot connect to my carrier..

Anything i can do from this rom... I cannot even flash CWM to attempt to install a different ROM with it for some reason