Battery life tip [battery bug]

Search This thread

ghostt021

Feb 10, 2011
Jacksonville
I can confirm this. I read a online post back in December when I first got my X and for most the time I lose 2-3% at around six hours over night. Hadn't reset the phone lately but after flashing Kryptonite ROM I decided to and here's a screen shot after about five hours. I've gotten this kind of standby a few times now

Krypton X

Attachments

• 1397824254110.jpg
    1397824254110.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 910

DANIEL AMBRUSO

Apr 25, 2014
I have already turned off my all connectivity from my phone. it's no need for charging until 48 hours. ha ha ha:cowboy:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I have already turned off my all connectivity from my phone. it's no need for charging until 48 hours. ha ha ha:cowboy:

I can confirm this. I read a online post back in December when I first got my X and for most the time I lose 2-3% at around six hours over night. Hadn't reset the phone lately but after flashing Kryptonite ROM I decided to and here's a screen shot after about five hours. I've gotten this kind of standby a few times now

Krypton X

The kinda stuff that makes the Moto X wonderful! They really have some battery efficient software here. They would have a winner if they didn't do the stupid exclusivity AT&T deal. Anywayz, enjoy your wonderful battery life!

DANIEL AMBRUSO

Apr 25, 2014
The kinda stuff that makes the Moto X wonderful! They really have some battery efficient software here. They would have a winner if they didn't do the stupid exclusivity AT&T deal. Anywayz, enjoy your wonderful battery life!

Just you talk about "battery efficient software" . I think it's may be increase battery's efficiency. Do you have any software for increasing battery life ?:cool:

D

Darth

How can i do it ?
Please post here step by step..

There's no special app to extend battery. Well, maybe something like juice defender...but they only are effective for very light users. Moderate to heavy users will wind up losing battery life with such apps.

Great battery life comes down to phone setup and usage patterns.

Check out the how is your battery life thread for tonnes of info on getting good battery life. ;)

Read through it a bit (last page and go back is usually best in big threads)

DANIEL AMBRUSO

Apr 25, 2014
There's no special app to extend battery. Well, maybe something like juice defender...but they only are effective for very light users. Moderate to heavy users will wind up losing battery life with such apps.

Great battery life comes down to phone setup and usage patterns.

Check out the how is your battery life thread for tonnes of info on getting good battery life. ;)

Read through it a bit (last page and go back is usually best in big threads)

okay. Thanks..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know people have been having Mixed Battery life & I found this so I thought this would help. Found it on the Moto X community G+ Page. Thanks if it helps, if not post below, maybe this can be stickied if it's helpful enough.

EDIT 4/21/2015: You can download a permission manager app from the playstore and make sure no apps have the wake device permission & start on boot permission. Unless you know the app needs it.

Give it a few days to test please

BATTERY LIFE TIPS FROM - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116517178872973348174

""Battery Tip 1: Discharge your device all the way until it turns off, plug it in, charge up, turn on, after boot...unplug. Do this every two weeks. Optimal ranges to begin charges is usually 10-13% and above while your device is off. If On it may not work as well due an calibration issue.

Battery Tip 2: Go to the Google Settings App, Location, then turn off Location Reporting. Your phone location apps will still work great, Google Now will also but it won't pop up Transit stops unless you open and refresh. It will still pop up Time To Leave info. There is currently a bug that randomly triggers the CPU to keep active with a constant 7-10%. I narrowed this down to Location or rather one of Moto's custom LocationServices process conflicting. When this happens, your stand by drain increases(loosing 2-5%/hr not doing anything). A reboot will fix it. Read more: #motoxbugs Sadly, I don't believe Moto will fix it. For now, this helps prevent it and lowers the ping rate Google Search uses for location requests.

Battery Tip 3: Android OS is too high(Is it's cpu time 2hr or more after 13hrs)? Disable Android Device Manager in the Google settings App by unchecking the first option. Reboot, twice. Monitor it until your next discharge. If you see a difference, then this is your problem. Test it, by enabling it again and reboot. I found a way to keep it on and not experience extremely high Android OS but I don't have enough testers to be 100% sure it works. This part is an Google issue. For now, you can use Moto's version of this service.
    --
    Things to note, an overnight stand by drain that I've found achievable is 1%/hr. The tips above should help get you there. I've helped and seen users get 0.3-0.6%/hr on stock software and no root. I'll say the X is able to get good stand by but right now for majority of users they'll see the optimal 1%/hr to 1.7%/hr. Even in airplane mode, which is just wrong to me, Android OS being a tad high is the reason why. Hopefully..and I hope, Moto optimizes stand by drain like it did on the Moto G.

That's it for now, have fun. Let me know any good and bad below. Hopefully I can write a post with more tips on my blog to help more.""
    In settings, go to Settings - Security - Device Administrators

View attachment 2651240View attachment 2651241View attachment 2651243

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I think he was referring to the app "Google Settings" in the app drawer. The first setting is to remotely locate the device and the second setting allows you to remotely lock and erase. I'm guessing the method you described disables both completely.

Google Settings > Android Device Manager > "Remotely locate this device" (uncheck)

On an unrelated note, I've been wrestling with the high amount of wakelocks from NlpCollectorWakeLock and NlpWakeLock. After trying a ton of different options and disabling specific apps and/or services, the one with the most success so far is disabling the scanning of wifi networks even when wifi is off.

Settings > WiFi > Advanced > "Scanning always available" (uncheck)

As best I can tell, that eliminated a majority of the wakelocks I was getting. I still get NlpCollectorWakeLock and NlpWakeLock but it's on the order of a few minutes per 4-5 hours vs. ~1 hour per 4-5 hours. All other apps (tasker, maps, etc) work fine and all other settings are enabled (location reporting, high accuracy location mode, etc).

YMMV but it seems to have helped me quite a bit over the last 24+ hours. I'm sure there are further improvements to be made but at the end of the day yesterday I had 35% battery left whereas in the past it'd be <10%.
    ""Battery Tip 1: Discharge your device all the way until it turns off, plug it in, charge up, turn on, after boot...unplug. Do this every two weeks. Optimal ranges to begin charges is usually 10-13% and above while your device is off. If On it may not work as well due an calibration issue.

Discharging your battery down to 0% is not good for the battery or your device. I would change this tip to "reboot any time you take your phone off the charger"

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-of-your-smartphone-battery-the-right-w-513217256
    what does the following refer to?

uncheck what first option and what/where is the Android Device Manager? I don't see it in my Apps list.

In settings, go to Settings - Security - Device Administrators

uploadfromtaptalk1395840373155.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395840387817.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395840401777.jpg

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Turning off Location Reporting really made a difference for me, thanks!