[Q] Can i Unroot my LG G2 with SuperSU?

Search This thread

itaylubo2

Oct 26, 2013
Hi,
Yesterday i downloaded SuperSU to my phone, and i delete it (i dont know why :p) and after i delete it (from the Settings, not simple Uninstall)
i did Restart to my phone, and i saw that my SuperUser gone, but i still have ROOT access, all of my apps that need Rooted device worked.
After while, i read the discription and i saw that it should be like this, and that SuperSU switch SuperUser, so i downloaded it again.
So lets go to the point:
If i have stock ROM and stock Recovery, i can do Full Unroot from the SuperSU Settings? as i said, all completely stock, only ROOTED device, LG G2 D802.
I can do it without any problems? for sure?
Thank you so much !

Hi,
Yesterday i downloaded SuperSU to my phone, and i delete it (i dont know why :p) and after i delete it (from the Settings, not simple Uninstall)
i did Restart to my phone, and i saw that my SuperUser gone, but i still have ROOT access, all of my apps that need Rooted device worked.
After while, i read the discription and i saw that it should be like this, and that SuperSU switch SuperUser, so i downloaded it again.
So lets go to the point:
If i have stock ROM and stock Recovery, i can do Full Unroot from the SuperSU Settings? as i said, all completely stock, only ROOTED device, LG G2 D802.
I can do it without any problems? for sure?
Thank you so much !

I did with the same set-up as you and it worked fine. I lost my root access and tested with skygo which is very particular about not working with root and I could stream again using this. :)
I have supersSU pro which may make a difference.

itaylubo2

Oct 26, 2013
I did with the same set-up as you and it worked fine. I lost my root access and tested with skygo which is very particular about not working with root and I could stream again using this. :)
I have supersSU pro which may make a difference.

But you did Full Unroot from SuperSU and it works? without any problems? and you have stock ROM&Recovery?
I dont know so much about it, my friend did to my phone the ROOT, i need to make sure that everything will be fine without any problems.
Thank you for understanding :)

But you did Full Unroot from SuperSU and it works? without any problems? and you have stock ROM&Recovery?
I dont know so much about it, my friend did to my phone the ROOT, i need to make sure that everything will be fine without any problems.

Yes, everything is absolutely fine. No trace whatsoever of root. ;)

Reactions: itaylubo2

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
anyone have experieances with that method?does it work&download mode show unrooted?
thanks.very important.if it works i will root my phone.

Mesko94

Jun 12, 2011
I'd like to know same as masteril, if someone know if there is still rooted in download mode.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry this post is old but do you remember how you removed recovery? I removed root but still have twrp installed.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? I was referring to having a stock rom and recovery installed before rooting the device to perform some tweeks then unrooting it again. The reason that I unrooted again was so that I could use skygo which requires an un-rooted device. I have moved onto the G3 now but, as far as I can remember, the only way to return to a stock recovery is to return your device to completely stock by flashing a kdz. If you tell me exactly what you are trying to achieve I may be able to be of more help.

razball

Jan 1, 2012
Tampa
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? I was referring to having a stock rom and recovery installed before rooting the device to perform some tweeks then unrooting it again. The reason that I unrooted again was so that I could use skygo which requires an un-rooted device. I have moved onto the G3 now but, as far as I can remember, the only way to return to a stock recovery is to return your device to completely stock by flashing a kdz. If you tell me exactly what you are trying to achieve I may be able to be of more help.

You answered my question I was trying to flash stock recover.img because I unrooted it via supersu but it kept twrp obviously. So I'll just flash the whole thing.

Thank you.

johnny quest

Jul 2, 2010
Port Saint Lucie
I'm curious too. What I did was used Super User and did that "Clean Unroot" method and after I pressed it, it cleared and the app was gone. But, I had a back up of my stock before doing this and deleted all other roms and downloaded all my pics and wallpapers to my computer. But I don't know if I'm unrooted. How would I check that? I can still go to the play store and install Superuser, is that normal or shouldn't it not install?

There's another method which involves installing the LG flash tool, and a Stock factory firmware. Should I do that method or am I fine with the Superuser?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, everything is absolutely fine. No trace whatsoever of root. ;)