[Q] Automatic Hands-Free Mode Using Bluetooth OBD Adapter

Search This thread

ProProductions

Aug 14, 2014
Dudley
Hopefully I'm not asking about something that's already been answered. But after spending hours on google, forums, etc I'm finding myself at a dead end.

On my note 3 I've got to liking the hands free mode but forgetting to turn it on when I get in the car or even worse, not turning it off when I get out is getting really annoying.

Now unlike most, I don't have bluetooth audio in the car at all. I've never needed it & never will. A simple headset is good enough. Problem is, the headset is always on, driving or not.

So I'm left with the OBD adapter on the car as a potential for letting the phone know I'm driving. But I just can't the damm thing to work.

Now the OBD adapter connects to the phone perfectly fine & I can load up the info in pretty much any app I try. But trying to set the phones "location settings" for the car (using the OBD adapter) just isn't doing anything. No matter how many times I tap the OBD adapter in the menu, it just does nothing. Yet bluetooth audio devices connect right up.

So my question now, is.... can you use the OBD adapter as an option for car location? or is there a way to hack the phone to allow it as an option? or am I just not looking at it right?

Thank's in advance.

O2 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) - Android 4.4.2 (Stock)