[DISCONTINUED] imilka's CyanogenMod 9 v03 [IMM76D/4.0.4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rockysiccion

Aug 17, 2010
Guys i have been searching but nothing came up

In sms if i press enter it will automatic send my incomplete txt. Anyone know how to disable this? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

dr. xp55

Dec 19, 2011
This rom works great. But anybody having ugly font issue with Opera Mobile? e.g. I visit http://mobile.theverge.com with Opera Mobile, funny fonts looks very bad. I am forced to use the stock browser now. (I have already also tried firefox / dolphin / chrome. )

Also, is it only me having battery issue? Drop around 15% per hour when display turned on. Battery information shows mostly consumed by the display. I am having brightness at about 20%, and yes, already tried battery calibrated.

BTW, ICS reloaded is very cool. The webos like horizontal app switcher is perfect!

I had the same issue with the fonts in opera. You have to download the DroidSans font both the regular and bold, and move it into system > fonts, change permission to rw-r-r.

This is where I got the fonts from:
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Droid-Sans

I cannot agree with you on the battery issue, nor anyone else. This has been by far the best custom rom since I have flashed - ever since I got my note back in december - battery drainage wise. I have had much issues with battery drainage on all custom roms, but my note can last a good 18-20 hours with average use now, something I have not been able to have the luxury of for a long time.

You should cycle the battery atleast twice, meaning let it drain all the way down, fully charge it, let it drain all the way down again, then fully charge it, and it should be fine. If you're indoors, keep the brightness at its lowest, and only increase the brightness as much as you need to be able to use the phone when out in the sun. Don't turn on gps, only when its needed (for maps), and turn off wi-fi if not needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: winst

waqas.sonic

Aug 25, 2006
An issue that I have just ran into, if I leave my phone on charge as soon as it gets to 100% it goes into sleep of death :-$ have to take out the battery for it to work again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

lewisteo

Aug 7, 2003
Guys I don't know why people r complaining about sound quality here..coz for me its better than ever..better than stock or any other from I have tried..n ya with no dsp or anything here..can u guys please tell that which earphones or headphones u r using?

Sent from my Blazing CM9

bro this topic is very personal, i myself is an audiophile, you will not understand why we buy a $500 inears....

benthian89

Nov 29, 2010
any pros can shed some light on increasing the volume step from the default 15 to 30?

I tried the method here : http://chrisdube.com/increase-number-of-volume-steps-in-android/

But there are some problems, i do get 30 steps but the starting volume is quite loud already.
and at volume 2, it is loud. above volume 3 will spoil your ears, not to mention trying to reach 30.

It is a bit screwed up. And by increasing the volume key up by 1 for music, the other sounds also get increased at the same time.

I changed the value 0xft 0x0t 0x0t 0x0t to
0x1et 0x0t 0x0t 0x0t for 30 steps. Thats all i did.

Is there some differences with CM9 and with other ICS roms or GB roms in this aspect?

Last edited:

sujal

Dec 29, 2010
Delhi
This or ICS Stunner!? I am currently on stunner 4.3 and love it (especially euphoria) but as far as custom ROMs go, CM are one of the best. Used CM7 on my O2X, it was really great. Is the battery life good?

dr. xp55

Dec 19, 2011
An issue that I have just ran into, if I leave my phone on charge as soon as it gets to 100% it goes into sleep of death :-$ have to take out the battery for it to work again

It might be a hassle to go through, but reflash the LP1 cf-repack via PC ODIN, NOT mobile odin. That goes to anyone else with any SOD issues.

But you have to go through the entire process again, GB rooted, cf-repack pc odin, flash any other ics rom via cwm (if you want to use the triangle away app to remove the triangle, cause it seems like the app isn't working on cm9), then flash cm9 via cwm, along with wipes where needed.

lewisteo

Aug 7, 2003
any pros can shed some light on increasing the volume step from the default 15 to 30?

I tried the method here : http://chrisdube.com/increase-number-of-volume-steps-in-android/

But there are some problems, i do get 30 steps but the starting volume is quite loud already.
and at volume 2, it is loud. above volume 3 will spoil your ears, not to mention trying to reach 30.

It is a bit screwed up. And by increasing the volume key up by 1 for music, the other sounds also get increased at the same time.

I changed the value 0xft 0x0t 0x0t 0x0t to
0x1et 0x0t 0x0t 0x0t for 30 steps. Thats all i did.

Is there some differences with CM9 and with other ICS roms or GB roms in this aspect?

imo the volume is fine, any increase will break the spectrum just a little tweaks will be fine.

benthian89

Nov 29, 2010
imo the volume is fine, any increase will break the spectrum just a little tweaks will be fine.

I am not trying to increase the loudness.

Just that 15 steps are not sensitive enough.

An increase in 1 step may be too loud and another decrease in 1 step may be too soft. So breaking it up into 30 steps will help with that

waqas.sonic

Aug 25, 2006
It might be a hassle to go through, but reflash the LP1 cf-repack via PC ODIN, NOT mobile odin. That goes to anyone else with any SOD issues.

But you have to go through the entire process again, GB rooted, cf-repack pc odin, flash any other ics rom via cwm (if you want to use the triangle away app to remove the triangle, cause it seems like the app isn't working on cm9), then flash cm9 via cwm, along with wipes where needed.

Cheers will give it a go and report back.

hykhleif

Oct 3, 2008
well for me i am using many different headsets, and also streaming on bluetooth car audio, the sound quality that i am complaining about is not that it is not loud enough, its just that its irritating noisy and uncomfortable to listen to, the bass is screwed up the treble is annoying and so on, before on stock roms, or even ics stunner and other ics roms, the same songs were really sounding great, now its for me the worst sound ever, and i really don't want to leave this rom, as I like every bit of it, so plz i hope someone can figure this out

is it rom related to cm9
or is it due to lack of DSP manager, I am not a techie but would like to know the reason for such a thing

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009

Sorry but I never had SOD after using Mobile Odin and always use it. Its bettter to cuz you will not get yellow triangle plus it will not increase counter (with pc odin you will). If ever anyone wants to use yellow triangle away you will need to install yellow triangle away apk right after flashing ics repack since its made for use with ICS rom only. Also there is no need to go back to GB before flashing repack since its pre rooted already. Just dont forget after flashing ics repack do a full wipe before reboot and fullwipe again before flashing CM9.

lewisteo

Aug 7, 2003
well for me i am using many different headsets, and also streaming on bluetooth car audio, the sound quality that i am complaining about is not that it is not loud enough, its just that its irritating noisy and uncomfortable to listen to, the bass is screwed up the treble is annoying and so on, before on stock roms, or even ics stunner and other ics roms, the same songs were really sounding great, now its for me the worst sound ever, and i really don't want to leave this rom, as I like every bit of it, so plz i hope someone can figure this out

is it rom related to cm9
or is it due to lack of DSP manager, I am not a techie but would like to know the reason for such a thing

i posted a page before beats and cm9 music, maybe the sound signature suits you, if not you can try playerpro with it's dsp pack. just a suggestion

lcmazza

Dec 4, 2011
This or that ROM?

Am I lazy or am I too lazy to search the forum?

Maybe there could be a poll here, so questions like that, if show up, could ban the guy :rolleyes:

Reactions: returnzer0

dr. xp55

Dec 19, 2011
Sorry but I never had SOD after using Mobile Odin and always use it. Its bettter to cuz you will not get yellow triangle plus it will not increase counter (with pc odin you will). If ever anyone wants to use yellow triangle away you will need to install yellow triangle away apk right after flashing ics repack since its made for use with ICS rom only. Also there is no need to go back to GB before flashing repack since its pre rooted already. Just dont forget after flashing ics repack do a full wipe before reboot and fullwipe again before flashing CM9.

hence why I said ANYONE ELSE WITH ANY SOD ISSUES. If you don't have any SOD issues with mobile odin, then good for you. If you do, then flash it via pc odin. When I flashed aosp when it first came out, I was good for a week or two, then started getting SODs. Then I flashed CNA, it was fine for a week, then got an SOD. Then I flashed cf-repack with PC Odin, and I have not had one SOD since.

But I do agree, if you're already on aosp, aokp, cna, cm9 already, then you don't need to go back to GB, just flash the LP 1 cf-repack. I just said that to get a fully clean rom install, with all necessary data/cache/dalvik wipes. It doesn't hurt to go the extra step to make use of a rom to its full potential.

and its not a big deal to install the triangle away app right after you flash the rom. it takes two seconds to install an app. and the app is known to work on ics roms, including aosp, and cna, (i have not tried aokp), minus cm9. maybe with an app update by chainfire, then it might work

Last edited:
Reactions: jon3sh

depmesh

Sep 27, 2010
First of all I'd like to thank imilka for this wonderful rom
Now, does anybody know if there is a way to use the phone's internal memory to store or restore contacts. I'very been trying since yesterday and cannot find the option anywhere :confused:
if there is no such option can it be implemented?
Thanks.

miimKay

Feb 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Hey guys. I just flashed this. After factory wipe. I was on AOSP before. I can't find google account option in accounts and sync.
Sorry if it was addressed before. I can't find the search buttion in this stupid tapatalk app :p

Sent from GNOTE - The Indisputable Beast of Android World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts