Battery Life

Search This thread

Bo W

Dec 14, 2010
I'm sure this has been a topic here but please forgive me not wanting to search for a simple answer.

Question : with average, all round use what can you expect? I'm on eclipse and I leave my screen dim. Leave all my wireless functions off

What are some things I can do to extend?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

idivorceyou

Mar 24, 2011
Cure for bad Bionic battery life: ROOT & Install Eclipse

After rooting (with latest .902 official update) and installing Eclipse 2.2, my battery life is absolutely amazing compared to stock.

I am presently at "1 day 1h 26m" with 16% battery left. I also run a live wall paper.

In addition to that:

I always keep GPS off.
I turn off all "location services." in Settings, "location and security"
I use the "brightness level" (free app) widget and keep it at 0% mostly, 25% - 50% in bright sun.

I turn off wifi when not in my home wifi zone, make sure it is on at home.

I never use bluetooth and have that turned off.

your mileage may vary. but I am consistently getting over 20 hours with moderate use - an hour or 2 web surfing twice a day. lots of email checking. sometimes actually making phone calls.

Basically, whatever you do that keeps the screen on burns battery.
rooting and installing a rom that has built in battery efficiency code is very cool!

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
"Smart actions" was just ported to the bionic.
I don't know if it works on eclipse but it works with the stock rom.

docluv01

Nov 23, 2010
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Turn off gps and BT, and only turn em on when beeded. Using wifi wherever possible is the key! The problem is, on stock and other custom non-ics roms, when you connect to wifi, it disconnects the 3g/4g radio, but doesnt turn it off.....hence defeating the purpose.

I always leave my wifi radio on. and I made a simple rule in tasker.....if wifi connected, disable radio. On disconnect, enable radio. and thats it. Ull have full data, phone calls, and SMS. MMS will come thru, but ull have to go to 3g/4g to fully download it.

For me, I have wifi at home, work, and at gym. I can get a good 30 hours with the right mix and normal use. (standard battery).

Good luck...

Bo W

Dec 14, 2010
Turn off gps and BT, and only turn em on when beeded. Using wifi wherever possible is the key! The problem is, on stock and other custom non-ics roms, when you connect to wifi, it disconnects the 3g/4g radio, but doesnt turn it off.....hence defeating the purpose.

I always leave my wifi radio on. and I made a simple rule in tasker.....if wifi connected, disable radio. On disconnect, enable radio. and thats it. Ull have full data, phone calls, and SMS. MMS will come thru, but ull have to go to 3g/4g to fully download it.

For me, I have wifi at home, work, and at gym. I can get a good 30 hours with the right mix and normal use. (standard battery).

Good luck...

Stock rom?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2