Best earphones for htc one x

Search This thread

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
I'm about 6 hours away from ordering a pair of Xears myself. Assuming I make up my mind in that time frame (I've been "deciding" for 2 months now though O.O)

Though apparently the pair I wanted is out of stock for the moment... if I don't end up waiting I might end up with a pair of Brainwavz R1s

One thing I do recommend though for those who take advantage of Beats Audio is to go for either a "balanced" or "analytical" pair of earpieces as opposed to a "warm" or "bassy" earpiece to balance out the increased bass/treble of the Beats Audio algorithm. Unless you're a bass head, in which case, go ahead and double down on the bass lol.

Great balanced armature earphones are the eytmotic hf5's. Great clarity great isolation and a very balanced neutral sound.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

TwiSStD

Oct 25, 2012
Sony MDR-ED12LP Earbuds (Silver) 10 bucks on amazon

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet. But they provide incredible sound for the price. They have great bass, without drowing out everything else. they fit comfortably and never fall out while exercising. Ive had my pair for about a year now. :)

Husker Kurt

Mar 26, 2011
I am looking for some help deciding on a pair of earphones to use with my One X. I'm looking in the $50-$100 range, and it has to be on Amazon, because I have some gift cards to use on there.

I mainly want a good pair of headphones that have a remote on them that works well with the One X. I've narrowed down my choices a little bit, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

My first option, and one I've nearly settled on a number of times, only to become indecisive again, is the Klipsch Image S4A II. I've read pretty good things about those sound wise, including a number of recommendations on here, and from what I've read, it seems like the remote control on it works pretty well on the One X, though if some one here have had a different experience, please speak up. I can get those for $79 shipped on Amazon.

Another option is the Beats headphones that shipped with the HTC Sensation and Rezound. I know a lot of people are anti-Beats, but I really don't mind the more bass heavy aspect, and I've read these work pretty well with the One X. That's one thing I'm curious about, I've read the remote controls work well on the One X, do they really work? Also, based on some reviews of them on Amazon, there seem to be some durability issues, I'm wondering what experience anyone who owns/owned them has had. I can get them for $51.99 shipped on Amazon, if I go for ones that have been repackaged, or for more in the $60 to $70 range if I go for completely new.

Another option is the Etymotic HF2. I've read a lot of good things about these in reviews, and I could get them for $77.10 shipped on Amazon, which seems to be a pretty good deal for a pair the normally sells for over $100. There are two things about these that I'm not sure about. First of all, I've seen mixed reports on how well the remote on this works with the One X. According the Etymotic website, this version is meant to work with Android phones, and I've seen some things say if you use it in conjunction with one of the many headset control apps on the Play Store, it works well, but I haven't seen much specifically saying how well it works on the One X. The second thing I'm not sure about is the sound of these. Most reviews I've read say they have excellent sound, that is very balanced or neutral. I tend to prefer a more warm, slightly bass heavy sound, so I'm not sure if I would enjoy these as much. In fact, I've seen comments that recommend them, but say if you prefer a more warm, bassy sound, go for the Klipsch S4A. I've also seen mentioned on here, however, that if you use them and just turn on the Beats setting on the phone, that will give you the more bassy sound.

My last option has one big thing against it, but otherwise looks like a pretty good option. It is the Klipsch Image X10. Obviously the big thing against it is the lack of remote, which I would really like/need, because I use mine in situations where getting my phone out of my pocket to pause a song, skip a track, etc... is not very feasible. The main reason I even have them as an option is they were $300 plus headphones at one time that I can get for $84.99 shipped from Amazon. I have a few questions here. First of all, being a formally $300 plus pair of headphones, do they really sound that much better then say the S4A IIs or my other options?. I can't find much on this specific aspect, but I've seen comments that they really aren't that much better than the S4s. The second question, is it possible to get a remote control cord to plug in with these, so I can still get the remote ability? I know there are plenty of cords made like that work with the iPhone, but I haven't been able to find much about what, if any, of those chords work well with Android phones.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully some people can help me make my decision. I'm still leaning toward the S4A IIs right now, both because I think I would like their sound signature and the remote that seems to work pretty well, but I certainly could be swayed a different direction.

chelseainspire

Nov 24, 2011
I just got in smart buds by zagg and the foam ear tips that come with them really increase the already great noise isolation! Plus they go around your neck so the wires are out of the way when exercising. You should check them out, for under $50 they're a steal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

forster

Feb 6, 2010
Dear Friends, i read 2-3 the forum topics about headphones. and still didnt find an answer. Here it goes, im looking for a headphones(really?), controls applied. Now i made my self a list of interesting earphones:

1, Sony 1264-5582 MW600 Hi-Fi Wireless Headset with FM Radio - Retail Packaging
2. NOCS NS200H-001 NS200 3.5mm Earphone
3. Klipsch S4a
3. Klipsch Image S4i Premium
4. LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset
5. Sony 1262-3330 Smart Headset with SmartKey Control Wired
6. JayBird JF3
7.Sennheiser CX 300B MK II Precision
8. beats tour (in the list in sake of completeness)
Now i will be using them for jazz, classical, and some rock/blues music. Overall quality, sound quality/ear fitting/noise cancellation/answering the call is main objective. I want to spend maximum 70$ including shipping in the US. In a case of bluetooth device charging adapter is the main concern, as i dont want to use xy charging adapters. i cant make a choice between these 7 items.

Any advice is highly appreciated!
Please help!

Thank you!!

Chrowen

Mar 13, 2011
Stuttgart
Dear Friends, i read 2-3 the forum topics about headphones. and still didnt find an answer. Here it goes, im looking for a headphones(really?), controls applied. Now i made my self a list of interesting earphones:

3. Klipsch S4a
6. JayBird JF3
Now i will be using them for jazz, classical, and some rock/blues music. Overall quality, sound quality/ear fitting/noise cancellation/answering the call is main objective. I want to spend maximum 70$ including shipping in the US. In a case of bluetooth device charging adapter is the main concern, as i dont want to use xy charging adapters. i cant make a choice between these 7 items.

Please help!

Thank you!!

You should listen to the views of Vivanco Aircoustic SFA 3039 Sound.
For very little money you can get it cheap and has. My opinion for very good quality
Price performance fully in order!

JuanTheMower

Jan 22, 2013

3. Klipsch S4a
6. JayBird JF3

Please help!

Thank you!!

Something you should take a look at are the apple earpods. I absolutely hate apple with my life, but the earpods are an attractive option with Inline mic for under 30 bucks. Can't really go wrong. (except for the whole apple thing)

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

KayxGee1

Jul 28, 2011
Totowa
Try SoundLogic Dynabass headphones. I have them and they are one of the best I've ever had. I'm running Viper XL right now and its the perfect combination. The bass is deep, everything else is crisp and clear. They were a steal at only $10 bucks.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

forster

Feb 6, 2010
Thanks guys i decided to go with Sony mw600 and Sennheiser cx300.i think best for about 85$ and full hands free control.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I am looking for some help deciding on a pair of earphones to use with my One X. I'm looking in the $50-$100 range, and it has to be on Amazon, because I have some gift cards to use on there.

I mainly want a good pair of headphones that have a remote on them that works well with the One X. I've narrowed down my choices a little bit, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

My first option, and one I've nearly settled on a number of times, only to become indecisive again, is the Klipsch Image S4A II. I've read pretty good things about those sound wise, including a number of recommendations on here, and from what I've read, it seems like the remote control on it works pretty well on the One X, though if some one here have had a different experience, please speak up. I can get those for $79 shipped on Amazon.

Another option is the Beats headphones that shipped with the HTC Sensation and Rezound. I know a lot of people are anti-Beats, but I really don't mind the more bass heavy aspect, and I've read these work pretty well with the One X. That's one thing I'm curious about, I've read the remote controls work well on the One X, do they really work? Also, based on some reviews of them on Amazon, there seem to be some durability issues, I'm wondering what experience anyone who owns/owned them has had. I can get them for $51.99 shipped on Amazon, if I go for ones that have been repackaged, or for more in the $60 to $70 range if I go for completely new.

Another option is the Etymotic HF2. I've read a lot of good things about these in reviews, and I could get them for $77.10 shipped on Amazon, which seems to be a pretty good deal for a pair the normally sells for over $100. There are two things about these that I'm not sure about. First of all, I've seen mixed reports on how well the remote on this works with the One X. According the Etymotic website, this version is meant to work with Android phones, and I've seen some things say if you use it in conjunction with one of the many headset control apps on the Play Store, it works well, but I haven't seen much specifically saying how well it works on the One X. The second thing I'm not sure about is the sound of these. Most reviews I've read say they have excellent sound, that is very balanced or neutral. I tend to prefer a more warm, slightly bass heavy sound, so I'm not sure if I would enjoy these as much. In fact, I've seen comments that recommend them, but say if you prefer a more warm, bassy sound, go for the Klipsch S4A. I've also seen mentioned on here, however, that if you use them and just turn on the Beats setting on the phone, that will give you the more bassy sound.

My last option has one big thing against it, but otherwise looks like a pretty good option. It is the Klipsch Image X10. Obviously the big thing against it is the lack of remote, which I would really like/need, because I use mine in situations where getting my phone out of my pocket to pause a song, skip a track, etc... is not very feasible. The main reason I even have them as an option is they were $300 plus headphones at one time that I can get for $84.99 shipped from Amazon. I have a few questions here. First of all, being a formally $300 plus pair of headphones, do they really sound that much better then say the S4A IIs or my other options?. I can't find much on this specific aspect, but I've seen comments that they really aren't that much better than the S4s. The second question, is it possible to get a remote control cord to plug in with these, so I can still get the remote ability? I know there are plenty of cords made like that work with the iPhone, but I haven't been able to find much about what, if any, of those chords work well with Android phones.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully some people can help me make my decision. I'm still leaning toward the S4A IIs right now, both because I think I would like their sound signature and the remote that seems to work pretty well, but I certainly could be swayed a different direction.

I would give it a try for NOCS ns400 or NS200 in that price range. I was click away of ordering them but then decided to go for bluetooth as mentioned above. Full info NOCS

Last edited:

undergrad

Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
I recently picked up the Klipsch Image S4A II. What sold me on them was the inline remote that you can customize with the klipsch android app.
I was debating picking up the bose in ear headphones, but I decided against them after hearing about a lot of people having issues with the cords tearing.

rfree2340

Dec 22, 2008
Seattle/Bellingham
I recently picked up the Klipsch Image S4A II. What sold me on them was the inline remote that you can customize with the klipsch android app.
I was debating picking up the bose in ear headphones, but I decided against them after hearing about a lot of people having issues with the cords tearing.

I couldn't be happier with my Bose! They're incredible for the size that they are, I didn't even know ear buds could have so much bass (not just that though, the sound stage, frequency response and overall balance is awesome). The biggest thing for me was not having in ears, I hate the way they feel and isolate noise - I'd like to have an idea of my surroundings at least a little bit.

Also, geek squad 2 year warranty means they're good against any wear and tear,
which is awesome because earbuds can break quickly.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Sluff

Nov 22, 2012
is it possible to answer calls and talk via these headphones? (HTC One XL)
I'm going to bet a good amount of money that this person did not bother to look at the actual product before asking his question.

And what I noticed about having the Klipsch S4a is that it isn't totally necessary to use their app for full control, it works perfectly fine.

forster

Feb 6, 2010
I'm going to bet a good amount of money that this person did not bother to look at the actual product before asking his question.

Like the most of new XDA users. Anyway, Klipsch are one of the best ever earbuds.

They would never got those high review scorees if they re not. Goodlucl wtoth them.

Last edited:

forster

Feb 6, 2010
Much depends on kind of music you are listening, and what you expect from chosen music.the other side is quality sampling, my wife is satisfied with whatever produces sound, she uses hama earbuds, Listening jazz through them is quite horrible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Y would anyone wanna buy headphones that sound better without beats? Thats just dumb man!! Get urself some beats buds. 60.00 bucks on ebay. I love mine!

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Uh, because both the Beats eq curve and Beats headphones suck. It's a marketing ploy. Get yourself some Shures, Grados, AKGs, Audio Technicas, or Beyerdynamics and you'll hear what music is supposed to sound like.
    Uh, I'm a DJ and I know what good headphones sound like. I'm using a pair of manufacturer refurbished Diddy Beats that I bought thru Monster for $79.99 and they sound effing Amazing. All the other brands Metal mentioned are hella good too. Just my 2 cents, I figured with Beats Audio software why not try out the headphones of the same brand. Again just my humble opinion. To each his own.

sent from my Acer A500
    This is a headphone question, doesnt really have anything to do with your phone.

'Klipsch image s4' are probably the highest recommended headphones i've seen.
    Basically every audiophile forum recommends them as a best bang for your buck option.

http://www.amazon.ca/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001V9LPT4

I also recommend disabling beats audio while using them.

You should also try to use flac audio formats or at worst 320kbps mp3's.
    flac is compressed but lossless audio, like a digital version of a cd.
    if you want to play with flac, you are most likely going to need to buy power amp, for $5.
    Here's something off the beaten path for those feeling a little more experimental:

• Using a Bluetooth apt-X headphones/transceiver: bypass the headphone amp (if it's particularly noisy [ref. GSMArena review by supercurio**] and go straight to wireless transmission. The Bluetooth apt-X (as available on the HOX) is touted as having a near CD-quality transmit rate, but not all headphones support it. If you don't want to lock yourself in to a single set of headphones (although Sennheiser's MM series have won accolades from head-fi's editor), you can use a bluetooth headset (such as the Samsung HS3000) which allows you to plug in your own set of headphones.
      • Pros: - bypass headphone jack circuitry.
        - wireless in most scenarios
      • Cons: - more of a battery drain
        - not lossless
    • Switch up your music player app : besides Poweramp, there's Player Pro and JetAudio, which claim to have either purer playback or great EQ enhancements (potentially, BBE effects on JetAudio)
      • Pros: - cheap, if not free, way to improve playback
      • Cons: - may not make much of a difference and can be headphones-specific.

**Edit: Just found out that HOXL, AT&T HOX and HTC One S, all with Qualcomm's S4, uses Qualcomm's own audio chip set WCD9310, which has much better audio performance [1, 2]. So for these phones, you don't have to worry about noise or poor dynamic range.
    This is a headphone question, doesnt really have anything to do with your phone.

'Klipsch image s4' are probably the highest recommended headphones i've seen.
    Basically every audiophile forum recommends them as a best bang for your buck option.

These Klipsch are what I use and they are amazing, can't recommend them enough.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA