HDMI Enabled HBO GO

Search This thread

Sowden

Jan 16, 2013
I don't understand HBO didn't force updates on the app. So why not just go back to 2.02 or something of hbo where hdmi is allowed? I think the version that introduced the higher quality streams prohibited hdmi on my tablet. Is that thr hang up wanting the higher q streams? Or chromecast support maybe?

Sent from my Electric Boogalocked Turbo

Well I'll clarify on what I said. I haven't tried an older version. I have tried the last HBO GO apk on this thread that was hacked for HDMI. That forced me to update the app and wouldn't let me open it. I will try to find some older versions and give those a try. I think that taking HDMI out is a stupid and bad move. If I want to watch Game of Thrones when I'm at my friends house out of town, I can't hook it up to their TV. And A crummy thing about my current tablet (Toshiba Thrive) is that HDMI is the only way I can get audio out of it. Its an old tablet so the speakers and the headphone jack is broken. So that's why I'm asking for a hacked apk.

Edit: Alright, so I have gone over the old versions. It seems that the HDMI connection broke with 2.7.04. The last working version is 2.6.03. You can find that version here:

http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/25469/

If HBOTroll could find time to update this, that would be awesome. Thank.

Last edited:

usmcnyc

Feb 18, 2008
Anybody know if there's a FiOS Mobile app floating around somewhere? Or just a general HDMI Out restriction fix?

Top Liked Posts