[Q] Google lost contacts

Search This thread

mroien

Nov 29, 2009
Every now and then my contacts will be lost and in setting > Google > Sync Contacts will say it synced but all my contacts are gone. Some times I can just re sync and it works but other times it doesn't. Is there a way for this to not happen?

Or sometimes it will say Sync Contacts has an error and will not sync to Google and I'll have different contacts on my phone and on Google contacts

b11aze

Jan 23, 2013
Every now and then my contacts will be lost and in setting > Google > Sync Contacts will say it synced but all my contacts are gone. Some times I can just re sync and it works but other times it doesn't. Is there a way for this to not happen?

Or sometimes it will say Sync Contacts has an error and will not sync to Google and I'll have different contacts on my phone and on Google contacts

make sure when you save a new contact that the name is saved as a gmail contact and not on your phone. there are actually two contact "books" on you phone, the internal phone contacts and the gmail contacts.

mroien

Nov 29, 2009
make sure when you save a new contact that the name is saved as a gmail contact and not on your phone. there are actually two contact "books" on you phone, the internal phone contacts and the gmail contacts.

Yeah that is not it. I always save new contacts under gmail not phone. I think its something to do with syncing with google

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Yeah that is not it. I always save new contacts under gmail not phone. I think its something to do with syncing with google

Personally never had that issue. Occasionally sync goes down for a minute, then comes back up. If you are like me and keep sync off and changes roms, if you added a contact and didn't sync, you could miss a few that were added.

So i'd jut double check to be safe.

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles

What ROM are you using? Stock, Stock rooted, TW-based, AOSP (4.1.2, 4.2.1, or 4.2.2)? I've ran all of these (and then some) and haven't run into anything like this, but if it's ROM-specific, knowing what you're running will help narrow it down.

Cheers!

loaderboy

Jul 7, 2010
Matlacha, Fl.
same thing here

Sometimes my phone log just shows numbers and when I check my contact list it's empty.
Reboot phone and they are all back. My contacts are on Google but was wondering if there is a way to store them on the phone also.
Some way to download to a file on the phone?

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Sometimes my phone log just shows numbers and when I check my contact list it's empty.
Reboot phone and they are all back. My contacts are on Google but was wondering if there is a way to store them on the phone also.

Go to the contacts app, press menu > export
Then select the account and it'll export to your scarf as a CSV file
There are also apps that let you import/export your contacts as an XML file

Reactions: loaderboy

loaderboy

Jul 7, 2010
Matlacha, Fl.

Thanks. Done. I don't think I will ever find all the little tweaks and tricks to this thing. Every time I use it I learn something.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Thanks. Done. I don't think I will ever find all the little tweaks and tricks to this thing. Every time I use it I learn something.

Hahaha, its actually a general Android feature, not just specific to the S3 ;)

Lol "scarf", sorry about that i meant "sdcard"
Dang autocorrect!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.