[Q] No more OS, but can access to recovery

Search This thread

fdervis

Jan 7, 2014
So with precipitation I went a little too far and I do some big **** ...

I unloacked the bootloader of my HTC One by HTCDev, everything has gone fine, then with twrp I installed the stock rom of HTC GPE 4.4 and after the install, my HTC went to a bootloop after he loaded the rom and with the splashscreen of HTC first, perhapes I was in S-ON ...

So when I want to do the process to pass my HTC One in S-ON, I did something very noob and I wiped everything on the phone and then I have a big message "no os installed" when I want to reboot. Even stupider I have no backup ...

So I tried several methods until 3 am on a monday ;
- make a slideload adb with custom rom (not yet with a stock rom of HTC) but I had only fails
- make a push rom.zip with custom rom (not yet with a stock rom of HTC) but I had only fails
- to flash the stock rom of HTC that I could find with the cid of my HTC, in fastboot but always I get an error : FAILED (remote: 12 Signature verify fail)

Here's the info I have with the command fastboot getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.20.3263.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: H*******
(bootloader) imei: 3*******
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: TELUS001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4165mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fe1214a4f2
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

I also have access to TWRP recovery.

Also I don't understand why the value of version-main is empty ?

Anyone can help me, or guide me to the right direction ? Everyone can tell me if my HTC is savable ?

Than you !

Last edited:

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013

I unloacked the bootloader of my HTC One by HTCDev, everything has gone fine, then with twrp I installed the stock rom of HTC GPE 4.4 and after the install, my HTC went to a bootloop after he loaded the rom and with the splashscreen of HTC first, perhapes I was in S-ON ...

So when I want to do the process to pass my HTC One in S-ON, I did something very noob and I wiped everything on the phone and then I have a big message "no os installed" when I want to reboot. Even stupider I have no backup ...

- make a slideload adb with custom rom (not yet with a stock rom of HTC) but I had only fails
- make a push rom.zip with custom rom (not yet with a stock rom of HTC) but I had only fails
- to flash the stock rom of HTC that I could find with the cid of my HTC, in fastboot but always I get an error : FAILED (remote: 12 Signature verify fail)

(bootloader) serialno: HTxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: 35xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone can help me, or guide me to the right direction ? Everyone can tell me if my HTC is savable ?

Than you !

ALWAYS CENSOR YOUR IMEI!!!!
I also censor the serial number because I am a bit paranoid...

YES, your One is not destroyed! Calm down, it's just a softbrick.
And the cause of the faulty flash is because Android 4.4 needs S OFF to be flashed as far as I know.. but you can easily solve this. Clean all partitions(data, system, cache) and reflash a 4.3 rom... You can copy it to your phone while in recovery with this command:

adb push "C:\os.zip" "/data/media/os.zip"

Or simply use a USB OTG cable.. that's what I use since several months and it's the bucks worth :)

When you copied it, simply install it normally from TWRP and NOT CWM because CWM is buggy!

Reactions: fdervis

fdervis

Jan 7, 2014

And the cause of the faulty flash is because Android 4.4 needs S OFF to be flashed as far as I know.. but you can easily solve this. Clean all partitions(data, system, cache) and reflash a 4.3 rom... You can copy it to your phone while in recovery with this command:

Or simply use a USB OTG cable.. that's what I use since several months and it's the bucks worth :)

When you copied it, simply install it normally from TWRP and NOT CWM because CWM is buggy!

Oups, thank you for advice me, I forgot it :S and thank you for your help
The rom in question, it will be the rom which correspond to my CID ?

fdervis

Jan 7, 2014
So, I did what you told me, push by adb the rom and install by twpr, but immediately I have a Failed with thi error :

Error flashing zip 'data/media/os.zip'
Updating partition details...

I also the same failed and error when I try to wipe cache/dalvik

I also try this methode with another rom and same errors :S

Last edited:

fdervis

Jan 7, 2014
Ok finally I could flash the rom android revolution hd 31.6 and my HTC One boot on the system without problem

In fact I corrupt the partition of the phone and twrp ask me a password when it launched because the data partition was empty. I had to swipe everthing and did a format data, reboot on recover and by adb sideload flash my rom.

Thank you !

But I have another problem, now I want to restore my stock rom, my CID is TELUS001 so I downloaded the corresponding RUU zip on the forum, in fastboot and in RUU mode I tried to flash the rom, but everytime it failed and it tell me FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail) when my bootloader is relock and it failed with the error message remote 99 error unknow when my bootloader is unloacked.

I'm on S-ON, I don't know if I can flash by fastboot on S-ON, or there is another solution to restore my stock rom ?

Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
It seems the telus ruu zip is not working. In have detailed steps using telus nandroid in my Canadian stock thread

fdervis

Jan 7, 2014
It seems the telus ruu zip is not working. In have detailed steps using telus nandroid in my Canadian stock thread

Hey SaHiLzZ,

Thank fro your help.

I followed your topic ans restore the nandroid of Telus on my HTC One. Everything works perfeclty. But I stopped at the 9 etap. I don't know if I need to continue ?

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Not needed to continue, unless you need root/s-off.

Just hit the thanks button on that post if it helped!

fdervis

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for yout help,

Juste another precision; I have actually a HTC One with stock rom, bootloader unloacked and S-ON

Can I ;
- restore any nandroid backup ?
- install the latest cyanogen rom ?

Thanks for your help !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(bootloader) serialno: HTxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (bootloader) imei: 35xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (bootloader) meid: 00xxxxxxxxxxxx

Than you !

Not needed to continue, unless you need root/s-off.

Just hit the thanks button on that post if it helped!