[Q] Best custom rom for my device?

Search This thread

alkis91

Apr 4, 2014
The title says it all.
I'm new to this whole rooting and custom rom stuff but i loved the changes a custom rom did to my smartphone and i thought i'd also do it on my Asus Transformer Pad.

I attached 2 screenshots to see all the info of my device, and tell me which roms are compatible and which you recommend.

Every tip is appreciated!

Alkis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-12-13-07-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-13-07-24.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-13-07-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-13-07-17.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 353

Drahric

Sep 18, 2012
Asus Transformer TF701
OnePlus 7T
Do you need 3G working after you flash a custom ROM?

The title says it all.
I'm new to this whole rooting and custom rom stuff but i loved the changes a custom rom did to my smartphone and i thought i'd also do it on my Asus Transformer Pad.

I attached 2 screenshots to see all the info of my device, and tell me which roms are compatible and which you recommend.

Alkis.

Which custom ROM is a matter of personal opinion, Personally I use PAC-ROM 4.4.2 though I have used OmniRom and Cromi-X (not Crombi-KK). What cmendonc means is that there are almost no TF300TG sources out there besides what asus provides. This is one of the trade-offs that you have to make (ie do I want 3G or a better ROM overall?). Most of the ROMs in the Developer section are pretty stable. I would recommend Cromi-x, as you mostly have everything you need and it is super stable. Good luck :)

alkis91

Apr 4, 2014
Which custom ROM is a matter of personal opinion, Personally I use PAC-ROM 4.4.2 though I have used OmniRom and Cromi-X (not Crombi-KK). What cmendonc means is that there are almost no TF300TG sources out there besides what asus provides. This is one of the trade-offs that you have to make (ie do I want 3G or a better ROM overall?). Most of the ROMs in the Developer section are pretty stable. I would recommend Cromi-x, as you mostly have everything you need and it is super stable. Good luck :)

I actually prefer a better rom overall than the 3G capabilities, but the reason i ask for the best rom is not about the appearance or anything like this, its just that i've read a lot of people complaining after flashing some TF300 roms, about losing their Wi-Fi, etc.
And i most certainly need my wifi.

So error-wise ( :p ) , which is the best rom :D

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I actually prefer a better rom overall than the 3G capabilities, but the reason i ask for the best rom is not about the appearance or anything like this, its just that i've read a lot of people complaining after flashing some TF300 roms, about losing their Wi-Fi, etc.

I'm running KK CROMi right now and it seems pretty smooth compared to a few other I tried over the past week.

Reactions: sbdags

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Ok that sounds good :)

Do you have a TF300tg , or a TF300t? and if you have the TG, what are the complications, if any? if it's just the 3G, i don't really care.

Yeah the 3G will most likely be knocked out. I have a tf300t. The rest of the ROM should function normally.

alkis91

Apr 4, 2014
?

The title says it all.

Alkis.

How about this one???

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290952

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm running KK CROMi right now and it seems pretty smooth compared to a few other I tried over the past week.