smartWatchM v1.2.5.1 (2009-12-13) SE BT Watch MBW-100/150/200, Prada, Citizen, LM95x

Which application do you use?

• btWatch by pcfixitman

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • smartWatchM by moneytoo

Votes: 496 87.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Hi Moneytoo,

can you make it possible, when a new message arrived to be marked as read with a keypress?
So that the repetition of this message is off.

Greeting
Slide

I needed this as well. (So it's now in v0.2.2.3)
Entering email details menu (E-mail address/Subject (or SMS if there is any unread), position number 2 by default) on watch will disable all repetitions but the message will still stay marked as unread.

Last edited:

Slide

Nov 4, 2004
I needed this as well. (So it's now in v0.2.2.3)
Entering email details menu (E-mail address/Subject (or SMS if there is any unread), possition number 2 by default) on watch will disable all repetitions but the message will still stay marked as unread.

Wow! What a quick new Version!

Thanks you Moneytoo.

aswaddington

May 3, 2004
Questions / Features

Hi Moneytoo,

First let me say "Thank You" for your fantastic software and all efforts to date. This has made the difference between basic features on a mediocre line of SE phones to advanced capability on almost any current WM device. I have just made a donation (cpappas) to help with future versions and hope you will consider the following questions and enhancements. Some of these have already been requested.

1. Like others, I find that appt. notifications are not consistant. I thought it was related to time zone or what appointments were currently displayed on Today screen, but this does not seem to be the case. How do you decide which and when appts are displayed on the watch ?

2. The menu editing capability and changing of positions is great. However, if we could customize the "stop" vs "play" functionality individualy for a particular menu item that would be fantastic. Example, menu 0, stop=messaging info, play=next appointment etc.

3. Add UsefilenameCaption like capability for all menu items. Example, as we push the volume button up or down to change menu, right after the volume indicator disapears, flash the caption (user editable) for that particular item before going blank. This would alow us to verify what item we have selected, before executing the stop or play function for that item.

4. Play function 0 (email sync) will only work once for me. If I try a second time (before stop/start of smartwatch) I receive error in log "cannot synchronize mail". I have 3 imap email accounts and cannot figure this out. Is this supposed to sync all email accounts ?
Also, what is the purpose and usage of the value "mail address" in the registry. Any ideas ?

5. It would be wonderful if the appointment function included an option to scroll through all of the appointments for the day, instead of just the "next appt", or "all day" appts.

6. REW for WMP like other users are looking for.

Best Regards,

CP

ful babu

Oct 31, 2006
hi moneytoo,

is it possible to make a Eternal SMS alert like the option u have in test "eternal time" ? ,i hav noticed tat u hav used incoming call feature for tat, so by pressing upper right butt twice this sms alert will go away , :cool:

still looking for the WMP RW butt to work :rolleyes:

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
ful babu:
Maybe I could add some options for this. Have you checked how's the battery life with watch display permanently on?

aswaddington:
Thanks for your generous donation.

1. It should work but apperently it doesn't work 100% for evereone. I have no idea. I guess something rotten's in there.

2. I dont know. Most of the features are connected in pairs where play button usually means some action or launching something...

3. I have tried that earlier but this just doesn't work right. It makes the menu almost impossible to control.
I guess it could be probably done some other way but not that easy (so it doesnt have much priority right now).

4. It should switch all the accounts. It works both with one and two accounts (but should with three as well). I will test it (or send you some test version if I found anything). Anyone else having problems with it?

5. I thought I implement the REW button easily but It wasnt like that. Maybe I'm forgetting something... I will try it again some time soon...
Anyway, I think I could add some one way appointment browsing (now -> future, the possition could be reseted when other menu item is selected).

6. Same as point 5.

ful babu

Oct 31, 2006
ful babu:
Maybe I could add some options for this. Have you checked how's the battery life with watch display permanently on?

5. I thought I implement the REW button easily but It wasnt like that. Maybe I'm forgetting something...

yup i thought about that, but ane way we're going to turn it off after few sec arent we ? ne way it was just a random idea ..

about RW butt, is it really strange or i m missing somthing .. caz both FW and RW has same AT ( AT*SEMP=5 ) !!! :eek:

dbrotzen

Apr 26, 2007
So... the UserFiles seemed like a really great idea! Except I couldn't actually figure out what they are good for that wouldn't be just as easy (or easier) to do on the phone.

Then the inspiration hit:
Vijay555 (a genius; see http://Vijay555.com) has a number of little utilities that do things like: dial your phone, send an e-mail or text, reset or lock or dim or unlock, etc., etc.

So I downloaded VJPhoneTools and set up a shortcut to VJDial.exe with my voicemail number as the argument, moved it to the SWM folder, and renamed it UserFile1 -- now I can dial Voicemail without touching my phone or using voice dial on my headset. Cool huh?

So now I'm thinking what to do with UserFile 2: Call home? Send a "Running late" text message to the office? Lock the phone? So many choices -- check out Vijay555.com. VJDialer has the phone and messaging apps; VJEscaton has reset options; VJDeviceLock has lock, screen on/off, etc.; and, in fact, VJKeyPress can emulate any keypress on the phone!

Not bad, huh? Now my only question is, Can we have more UserFile slots? We could then swap these in for functions we don't use (e.g., WMP in my case). Just a thought...

One other request: Would it be hard for SWM to read the current time (including time zone shift)? I travel across time zones, and this would be a handy feature. :) Otherwise, I can just shut it down and restart and all is fine.

And in conclusion: SWM is very nicely done! Thanks for all your hard work and attentiveness to user needs.

Way cool! Thanks for this tip WGary!

shaileshashar

Dec 6, 2004
menu rotation

hi moneytoo,
pls allow menu rotation ie when we are on last item and press fwd button it should take us to first item. SImilarly for the first item as well.

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
cannot delet com port

hi moneytoo
I have installed 0,2,2,3 paired the watch selecting a port. But it doesn't work. Port is com2. the problem I have is I cannot delete the port from bluetooth manager.

I have tried to uninstall and install again the software, but no way.

Do you know how I could delete the port without a hard reset?

note: smartwatch thinks the watch is paired and hasn't the option to delete the port and start again.

thanks.

Slide

Nov 4, 2004
Hi Moneytoo,

it is possible to make a double press on Play/Stopp button?
For example:
My favorite menu is email/sms. When I press the play button i always see the last email/sms. When it was possible to make a double press to set the last email/sms to "no new message" I often check this menu.

Greeting
Slide

wgary

Mar 5, 2006
Auburn, AL
hi moneytoo
I have installed 0,2,2,3 paired the watch selecting a port. But it doesn't work. Port is com2. the problem I have is I cannot delete the port from bluetooth manager.

I have tried to uninstall and install again the software, but no way.

Do you know how I could delete the port without a hard reset?

note: smartwatch thinks the watch is paired and hasn't the option to delete the port and start again.

thanks.
Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > COM Ports > Press and hold on Incoming Port (COM2) > Delete

aswaddington

May 3, 2004
Thanks & Questions

ful babu:

aswaddington:
Thanks for your generous donation.

1. It should work but apperently it doesn't work 100% for evereone. I have no idea. I guess something rotten's in there.

2. I dont know. Most of the features are connected in pairs where play button usually means some action or launching something...

3. I have tried that earlier but this just doesn't work right. It makes the menu almost impossible to control.
I guess it could be probably done some other way but not that easy (so it doesnt have much priority right now).

4. It should switch all the accounts. It works both with one and two accounts (but should with three as well). I will test it (or send you some test version if I found anything). Anyone else having problems with it?

5. I thought I implement the REW button easily but It wasnt like that. Maybe I'm forgetting something... I will try it again some time soon...
Anyway, I think I could add some one way appointment browsing (now -> future, the possition could be reseted when other menu item is selected).

6. Same as point 5.

Thanks,

Can you tell me what the "mail address" entry in the registry is for ?

Also, with MBW-100, each successive press of the crown toggles between the "play" function and the "stop" function (unlike the MBW-150), and pressing and holding the crown is "FF" which is equivalent to "volume up" finction on MBW-150. I understand that this is a result of the commands sent by the watch and not your program, however, is there any way to change the mapping in your program so that "FF" sent, maps to "play" function and either "stop" or "play" map to "stop" function as compaired to MBW-150 ? I would not mind if I had to select which watch to use in the setup menu of SmartwatchM and/or restarting the program to change watches.

Thanks,

CP

dj_gabzz

Oct 10, 2006
westmont
Thanks,

Can you tell me what the "mail address" entry in the registry is for ?

Also, with MBW-100, each successive press of the crown toggles between the "play" function and the "stop" function (unlike the MBW-150), and pressing and holding the crown is "FF" which is equivalent to "volume up" finction on MBW-150. I understand that this is a result of the commands sent by the watch and not your program, however, is there any way to change the mapping in your program so that "FF" sent, maps to "play" function and either "stop" or "play" map to "stop" function as compaired to MBW-150 ? I would not mind if I had to select which watch to use in the setup menu of SmartwatchM and/or restarting the program to change watches.

Thanks,

CP

same here.. it seems like i cant change anything in the menu of mbw100.. would you please let us get more functionality as far as button mapping goes.. thank you ..

Karmarock

Dec 5, 2007
Still battery drain problem with Athena

I upgraded radio to 1.57 but still no joy (see signature).
It leads me to think that the problem should be with some combination of rom + radio.
I'm evaluating to upgrade to the AP4.
As for now this is a one way process (no going back to standard HTC rom is yet possible, apart downgrading to a special AP3) do anyone has experinces with AP4 about battery duration of the MBW150?

Does it solve the problem?

I've read on the AP4 thread that someone have problem with ad2p and also with 2 devices connected (as soon as one communicate the other disconnects:eek:) is it a common problem with AP4?

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
I upgraded radio to 1.57 but still no joy (see signature).
It leads me to think that the problem should be with some combination of rom + radio.
I'm evaluating to upgrade to the AP4.
As for now this is a one way process (no going back to standard HTC rom is yet possible, apart downgrading to a special AP3) do anyone has experinces with AP4 about battery duration of the MBW150?

Does it solve the problem?

I've read on the AP4 thread that someone have problem with ad2p and also with 2 devices connected (as soon as one communicate the other disconnects:eek:) is it a common problem with AP4?

based on my personal experience I can confirm you that the battery life only depend on the radio version. With ap3 or ap4 it is the same (minimum 2 days, but I cannot say the max because each 2 days I am charging. Now I cannot life without the watch and moneytoo program...)

Karmarock

Dec 5, 2007
MBW Battery drain

based on my personal experience I can confirm you that the battery life only depend on the radio version. With ap3 or ap4 it is the same (minimum 2 days, but I cannot say the max because each 2 days I am charging. Now I cannot life without the watch and moneytoo program...)

That is what I'm expecting too, but my experience is that upgrading rom didn't improve the battery drain while from previous posts I can see that it improved for other guys with different rom than mine (especially AP3).
This lead me to think there are two options:
- Problem has relations also to my actual ROM
- My watch is defective (which would be the most obvious option, but as other users who had the same troubles I have, succeeded, I'll keep the option of servicing it the last one!)

I'm deeply convinced that moneytoo prog+ MBW150 is fantastic, but up to now as I cannot obtain at least a complete workday of autonomy for me is no use :(

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
That is what I'm expecting too, but my experience is that upgrading rom didn't improve the battery drain while from previous posts I can see that it improved for other guys with different rom than mine (especially AP3).
This lead me to think there are two options:
- Problem has relations also to my actual ROM
- My watch is defective (which would be the most obvious option, but as other users who had the same troubles I have, succeeded, I'll keep the option of servicing it the last one!)

I'm deeply convinced that moneytoo prog+ MBW150 is fantastic, but up to now as I cannot obtain at least a complete workday of autonomy for me is no use :(

I cannot help you, sorry. Try to reflash again radio and rom. Or maybe you use other program impacting on battery drain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got a new MBW-150 but it won't connect. I've been using an MBW-150 previously. The screen dimmed. Now I've got a new watch but I cannot seem to connect. I'm using WinMo 6.5.

I figured I needed to either change the device (Settings--> Device) or re-Discover and Pair, but both functions are greyed out on the phone, so that I cannot access them. I'm using smartWatchM v 1.2.6.0 (20100227).

Any hints?

Thanks!
    what device (model) are you using?
    have you aplied the registry fix that is mentioned (HKLM\Software\Widcomm\BTConfig\Services\0001\Auto from 1 to 0 and restart the device ) delete all previous watches from the bt manager
    The rubber wristband on my Music Edition watch broke. Does anyone know where to get a replacement. Obviously I've contacted SonyEricsson, but if you know an online store selling them it would be good.

Thanks!
    I found many wristbands for most of the mbw series and mbw-200 here but the prices are a little hot but they only ship to Germany, I managed to get me one through a friend I have in Germany hope you can too.
    Unless you absolutely need original band, I believe any 20mm springbar wristband/watch strap will do. Tons of different designs are available cheaper and also you can find one that you like better than original one. For example, try eBay, or this shop is pretty good too - http://www.watch-band-center.com

Edit: sorry, just noticed original question was about MBW-150 and not MBW-200 (which is 20mm). Not sure which size MBW-150 is, you may measure it yourself (distance between lugs). As long as it using springbar strap, third party straps should also work.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to display the number calling in large fonts.

If I disable 2-lined Caller ID, no number at all shows, just a blinking phone symbol. If I enable it, the number shows, but only in half size (obviously, as it is a one of two lines). So is it possible to get the number to show despite having 2-lined caller ID disabled?

Thanks!

UPDATE! Suddenly the phone number shows with numbers displayed as a full line. Don't know what was wrong previously.

You use the beta version of smart watch (SmartWatch 1.2.6.0 (the beta version) )?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8189457&postcount=2482

one line with big text ;).