[App][Beta][15 June 2010] iMulator ( iPhone Like Music Player)

Search This thread

reb3lzrr

Oct 31, 2008
www.reb3lzrr.com
Hi!

I had the same problem, just delete your settings.txt and it's done (for me fixed) ;)

FormatException

i System.Single.Parse(String s,
NumeberStyles style, IformatProvider
provider)
i System.Single.Parse(String s)
i
iMulator.INI_Setting.GetFloatValue(Single
DefaultValue)
i iMulator.Settings.LoadFromINI(String
Location)
i iMulator.MainForm..ctor()
i iMulator.Program.Main()
I created a playlist and the next start iMulator crashed. Settings deleted and everything worked fine :D

The *.ini file was bugged, it didn't correctly write a new line, that is now fixed. The next version will not have this bug :)

firefoxvn

Feb 4, 2011
I downloaded your program and really like the UI - clean and simple.
It's more beautiful than Windows media.
I hope you can support 320×320.
Thanks a lot.

brendanvista

Mar 28, 2010
Hey there, I just want to thank you for all your hard work. I hope everything is going well for you in your studies. This program is awesome. I am interested in beta testing this if you have the need. God bless.

Mikelundi

Apr 11, 2007
Been a while since anyone has posted in here... How's the progress going on your program, Reb3lzrr?

pipoawas

Apr 18, 2010
It works but it has some bugs:
- Doesn't install on the SD card (I have a driver to support 4Gb cards otherwise my device would only support 2Gb, maybe that's the reason, but it's the 1st time it happens)
- When playing, the "file menu" only has a loop option, but I can glimpse a second menu line trying to appear (1 pixel height). Is it supposed to be that way?
- Doesn't support some mp3 (can't find a pattern here)
- The top arrow buttons 'now playing' and 'Base' have a font too small and jagged.

And now some suggestions/improvements:
- When clicking the playlist, the stars could be smaller (too much realstate)
- Is it really necessary to cache the album art? it adds many dozens of small files to my storage card, increasing fragmentation, and besides, the album art is too small when showed in the library anyway; I only want it when playing the songs. At least make an option to turn it of, please.
- And specially, support for AAC/m4a files. Why supporting only mp3, since there are other codecs which for the same ammount of quality create files with a smaller file size? this is very important when dealing with devices with limited storage capability such the ones your player is made for.

And for the ones claiming that it's very similar to S2P, well, S2P is a clone of the excellent iPhone player... although the question remains: why having this instead of S2P? Well, if you want to make yours better, add support for AAC audio (which is the most advanced ou there), or at least OGG Vorbis.
The lack of this feature is by far the biggest limitation of S2P, and if you added this feature, it would definetly make your player stand out from S2P, which actually isn't even a player at all, but just a fancy interface for Windows media player.

If you don't know how to do this, make you player modular so others could make plugins for many formats, or use some open source player engines (like Nitrogen I think), that way you could use it's input plugins.

Best regards, and I hope you find my suggestions usefull.