Stock rom discussion!

Search This thread

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
Let's talk about the stock rom!
What day out like about it and what. You don't like about it, and how you made. It better!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

gingson

Nov 1, 2010
Nassau County, NY
I am sticking with the unrooted stock Rom for now. I am using an awesome, though not perfect, launcher called Next 3D Launcher.

Stock rom is what you would expect from a stock rom. Laggy at times but it could be my settings. The main reason why I am sticking with it is because of mixed results with rooting the MDL firmware. Users reported issues with WIFI and DATA connections. I can't seem to figure out whether these issues are due to rooting, MDL firmware, kernel, and noob mistakes. As soon as there is a unanimous confirmation of the main cause of these connections issues and a fix is posted I will be rooting.

The stock ROM, IMHO, is good enough and is perfect as a daily-driver. A lot of bloatwares and cannot be uninstalled.

Reactions: kevinrubio1

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
I am sticking with the unrooted stock Rom for now. I am using an awesome, though not perfect, launcher called Next 3D Launcher.

Stock rom is what you would expect from a stock rom. Laggy at times but it could be my settings. The main reason why I am sticking with it is because of mixed results with rooting the MDL firmware. Users reported issues with WIFI and DATA connections. I can't seem to figure out whether these issues are due to rooting, MDL firmware, kernel, and noob mistakes. As soon as there is a unanimous confirmation of the main cause of these connections issues and a fix is posted I will be rooting.

The stock ROM, IMHO, is good enough and is perfect as a daily-driver. A lot of bloatwares and cannot be uninstalled.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
The stock rom is perfect the way it is, but about the thing you said about rooting
I never heard of that before, but from my experience, I did not have issues when I rooted

Soldier 2.0

Nov 6, 2012
www.youtube.com
Stock ROM is okay for now. Lte works and you can use Wi-Fi to make phone calls and text. I change the launcher to Nova and call it good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

PostMeridianLyf

Nov 7, 2011
Rooting should not affect functionality of your phone. And then you can just flash an entire stock rom already debloated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area
This stock rom pisses me off...cuz its so damn solid I have little reason to flash others! I like the Google edition Roms, but the lack of WiFi calling on those keeps me coming back to this one. Rooted, using Nova, and I haven't had any major problems. Performance has been great, especially after the usual adjustments.

gingson

Nov 1, 2010
Nassau County, NY
Rooting should not affect functionality of your phone. And then you can just flash an entire stock rom already debloated.

I tend to agree with you but, what you do after you achieve root is the start of when things get crazy. Sometimes we tend to abuse the freedom of removing and adding stuff and then your phone becomes an object with a character of its own. That's when we start wondering why we have problems while others do not. Yes we make our phones become individuals. They become like pets.;):)

Reactions: kevinrubio1

Michael Hill

May 4, 2014
Manata
stock ROM is fixed for s4 mobiles .Stock ROM is okay for now. Let works and you can use Wi-Fi to make phone calls and text. its a necessary for s4 mobile and it can be expandable.

Michael Hill

May 4, 2014
Manata
Stock is important for GS4 .Stock ROM is okay for now. I change the launcher to Nova and call it good.
you try for works and you can use Wi-Fi to make phone calls and text.thanks by...........................................

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Quoted the wrong person

I wasn't quoting a person, I was directing your attention to a page where you will find WiFi issues.

Anyway, I wished that I could debloat the stock Rom without rooting.

I tend to agree with you but, what you do after you achieve root is the start of when things get crazy. Sometimes we tend to abuse the freedom of removing and adding stuff and then your phone becomes an object with a character of its own. That's when we start wondering why we have problems while others do not. Yes we make our phones become individuals. They become like pets.;):)