[Q] Uninstalled the downloads app now phone won't download.

Search This thread

dpdgamer

Feb 16, 2012
Marrero
Hey guys. This is the first time I got myself in a jam I couldn't fix. I was trying to speed up my phone by deleting bloatware and unneeded system apps. I was following a thread online about what to delete etc. Long story short I I Uninstalled the downloads apk and now my phone will not dl anything from the playstore and when I dl from browser it acts like it has downloaded the file but the files won't work.

Example I tried to dl the project x rom to reflash it and restore the downloads apk but when choosing the file in recovery it stalls and says file is bad. I tried several different roms and downloads using agat recovery and Odin mobile but the downloaded files were all duds now. So I really don't know what to do now that iI can't download anything to flash and get my downloads apk back. Couldn't find the file online either. I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me figure this out or knows where I could get said apk from the Internet. Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hey guys. This is the first time I got myself in a jam I couldn't fix. I was trying to speed up my phone by deleting bloatware and unneeded system apps. I was following a thread online about what to delete etc. Long story short I I Uninstalled the downloads apk and now my phone will not dl anything from the playstore and when I dl from browser it acts like it has downloaded the file but the files won't work.

Example I tried to dl the project x rom to reflash it and restore the downloads apk but when choosing the file in recovery it stalls and says file is bad. I tried several different roms and downloads using agat recovery and Odin mobile but the downloaded files were all duds now. So I really don't know what to do now that iI can't download anything to flash and get my downloads apk back. Couldn't find the file online either. I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me figure this out or knows where I could get said apk from the Internet. Thanks in advance guys

I can upload the file, but do you have a PC or another device to download from? BTW always keep a ROM or preferably a nandroid on your SD in case something like this happens.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

dpdgamer

Feb 16, 2012
Marrero
I might be able to do it with my phone. I just started messing with this ole fossil it was broke for two yrs and the old SD card I had was corrupt that's where my nandroid was at. If you could upload it if be eternally grateful lol I'll find a way to do it. Pc is broke too atm times are rough right now lol but if you up it I'll dl it somehow. Appreciate it man.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bilgerryan

I might be able to do it with my phone. I just started messing with this ole fossil it was broke for two yrs and the old SD card I had was corrupt that's where my nandroid was at. If you could upload it if be eternally grateful lol I'll find a way to do it. Pc is broke too atm times are rough right now lol but if you up it I'll dl it somehow. Appreciate it man.

I think this is what you need-https://www.dropbox.com/s/29b1pdnglm4p7xo/SecDownloadProvider.apk

dpdgamer

Feb 16, 2012
Marrero
Hmm keep getting website not available dunno if it's on my end or what prolly so

dpdgamer

Feb 16, 2012
Marrero
Oh another thing I noticed is that Google. Process. Gapps keeps stopping as well but I already tried the fixes for that via app manager and it's not working. I have a copy of the rom died from my phone but it won't flash I'm assuming the file is bad since whatever I dl has about a 50/50 chance of working now Sometimes it works other times it says bad file when I try to flash but I never had a problem flashing this rom before deleting downloads

dpdgamer

Feb 16, 2012
Marrero
Links not working. I checked my phone and I don't seem to have that apk on it so hopefully that does work once you get it upped. Sorry for the inconvenience tyvm

bilgerryan

Links not working. I checked my phone and I don't seem to have that apk on it so hopefully that does work once you get it upped. Sorry for the inconvenience tyvm

Working just fine on my end

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390534992648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390534992648.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 29

dpdgamer

Feb 16, 2012
Marrero
Hmm this is weird. Doesn't work for me. Lol thanks for trying. I'm gonna get on my inlaws Pc this weekend and see if I can flash the rom after dling it on the Pc then xfer to phone. If that doesn't work I guess nothing will. Am I supposed to have 3 Com . android. Provider apks? That's another issue I might have.

jaysoblitzed

Sep 29, 2012
Port Saint Lucie
Hmm this is weird. Doesn't work for me. Lol thanks for trying. I'm gonna get on my inlaws Pc this weekend and see if I can flash the rom after dling it on the Pc then xfer to phone. If that doesn't work I guess nothing will. Am I supposed to have 3 Com . android. Provider apks? That's another issue I might have.

Would you consider an Odin one click to stock? Seems you have more than one issue that needs to be resolved. Thats the fastest fix that can be provided. Considering if you can download a 400MB file.